Singledom

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Topper

| 6,773 posts

4th Dec 2009 at 10:11 pm

Topper - Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Quote: Claire, Dec 2009
Quote: Kid A, Dec 2009
Quote: Claire, Dec 2009
It is stupid women's fault, George. Blame women, it will make you feel better, and is also more truthful. My impression of you is as a bloke who would look after a lass and who would make her laugh and feel special and I'm sure most here, if not all, would agree.

I'd disagree with you for various reasons but I don't want to hijack Alex's thread

Sod it, VR is dying, post where you like. Alexatron is probably off somewhere with his hareem, he won't mind. I guess I just think you need to believe in yourself more, man. There are so many sh*te men in the world who treat everyone like crap and don't think about anyone but themselves. You are better than them, you need to know that.

Hijack away! And George, I would agree with Claire based on what I know of you and the little everyone else says.

Out of interest, for peeps like Tom, George and me, what is it about getting people of the opposite (or same!) sex to be interested? If you're not highly sexy what's everyone's methods?

I think this should be turned into a general single thread where people can report on their quests for love/sex and the rest of VR can give advice where appropiate *nods*
I hope some day, for some reason, David Duchovny is investigated by the FBI. Because that would make a great story.

http://www.myspace.com/toppercutter

Topper

| 6,773 posts

4th Dec 2009 at 10:19 pm

Topper - Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Double post...

I think confidence is key from my limited single career. Before meeting and going out with Sarah I had no confidence whatsoever with women; I'd physically retreat from interraction with women who liked me and have no confidence to talk to the ones I really did like. Now I know I must be at least alright to have tricked, I mean, convinced, a girl like Sarah to like me so what's to get in my way of twisting another reasonably attractive girl's arm into going out with me? And even if she doesn't like me it won't have the horrible scarring effect it used to because I now do have more confidence.

Another difference for me is the fact I'm not overly arsed since breaking up with Sarah. The cliche is that you find love when you're not looking for it and whilst I don't entirely agree with that it does directly apply to me; I've not really tried the last couple of months and have just concentrated on getting myself together and, particularly the last month or so, having a good time.

That's my tuppence.
I hope some day, for some reason, David Duchovny is investigated by the FBI. Because that would make a great story.

http://www.myspace.com/toppercutter

Πανδώρα

| 15,203 posts

4th Dec 2009 at 10:39 pm

Πανδώρα -

weellll, i know my problem is confidence

generally i don't have any whatsoever and i take too long to feel comfortable around people & come out of my shell

i mean... i locked myself in a toilet for 10 minutes the last time i went out >_>

i came out because i realised i was being an idiot, but yeah
*burp*

Rayanne Graff

| 74,532 posts

4th Dec 2009 at 11:02 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Quote: Kid A, Dec 2009
Quote: Valerie Holliday, Dec 2009
And you have a very long tongue.
Thumbs up.

I can touch my nose and everything *smug*

i didn't know George had a long tongue but i s'pose that Veg Rev is full of amazing discoveries.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

5th Dec 2009 at 6:24 pm

Jewbacca -

At any one time I have at least five girls after me.
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

7th Dec 2009 at 2:29 am

Jewbacca -

Confidence is a preference.
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

the doc: Hope life's treating you well after all these years. Them were some f*cked up times we lived through.
the doc: Ah man, it was weeks ago. Ah well. If you drop by again, send us a quick PM and let us know how you're doing. I'd love to hear from you. I'm all grown up with kids and everything. Madness.
Luco El Loco: Greetings and salutations for anyone passing through.
SayNotAWord: Does this thing still work?
SayNotAWord: Oh good - I ended up here at the end of a Mega Zine nostalgia rabbit hole
SayNotAWord: Nice to see there's still life in this glorious old place
SayNotAWord: It's ya boy, Parsley Possum
Luco El Loco: Hello
Emma: EVERYBODY DANCE NOW.
Luco El Loco: Wow I haven't heard that one in a while.
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: I was in the shower and "Fluff The Evil One" randomly floated through my mind so I thought I'd stop by, hi 'ziners!
Captain Spiky: Considering I haven't been on this site for over a decade, I find it mildly terrifying that I still have an average of 1.71 posts per day...
Captain Spiky: I miss this place... Much loveage to anybody reading this x
Graham: Passing through, hope you beautiful lot are doing well!
Rayanne Graff: Bye; peace to small Christmas trees.
Cooder: HIYA!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Friday night just thinkin' about sharing jaffa cakes with WLW... <3
Maeby: Almost 4 years. Where did the time go?
Cooder: Time flies Alice.

Page: