Death.

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

3rd Sept 2009 at 5:50 am

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

i'm sorry about your friend's boyfriend.

i don't know if anyone copes with death, though. Well, i'm not much good at it, anyroad. Sometimes i feel like i only have half a family. My paternal grandfather died before i was born and my paternal grandmother died when i was 8. My mother died when i was 21 and my maternal grandparents died a couple of months later.

Then my aunt's second husband died in 2007. i always refer to my aunt's first husband as my uncle. But even though i don't call him my uncle, i did love him and thought of him as part of my family. And my aunt's dog died in 2008. She was a great dog.

How i feel about my mother is weird because i don't think anyone misses her apart from me. At least that's how it seems. She hurt everyone but i still love her and wish i could have done something to stop her drinking.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

3rd Sept 2009 at 3:54 pm

I can kinda identify, actually. I kinda flipped out a couple months ago when my friend's housemate killed himself, who I'd only met once or twice and I barely knew. Then we had to do a minutes applause at our last football match because of a guy who we played against earlier in the season who died on the field, who again, I didn't know, but it still bothered me.

I'm not really sure what the point of this post is or why it inspired me to break my silence, it's just, I dunno, everyone deals with death differently I supposel there's no right way to respond. My ex was terrified of it. I do feel like everyone's dying or getting married at the moment though, and it's kinda a 'yeah this could happen to me any time' thing. And I don't mean getting married.
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

3rd Sept 2009 at 4:04 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

My best friend died when I was 11. He was sick his whole life and missed pretty much the last 2 years of school when he was alive. But even though he was 11, he led an amazing life. He got to meet the whole Man United team when he was 9, even got birthday cards from some of them. He got to go to the World Cup final in 94 because there was a telly competition to win tickets, and he kept ringing in and ringing in and eventually won. Him constantly calling in racked up a phone bill of £900 that month, but when the telly people found out, they reimbursed his parents.

He was pretty much loved by everyone in the community. His funeral was the biggest I've heard of round my area. He started writing a book before he died, but didn't get to finish, so his folks hired a ghost writer to finish it. Book sold out within 2 weeks.

My neighbour also died in our house over 10 years ago when I was 13. Had a massive heart attck while he was looking out our sitting room window, waiting for someone to go by (I can't remember why). We were in the kitchen having dinner and heard a thud, but thought nothing of it. When my mother went in, she found him. The wake and everything was in our house too. I was pretty close to him. Both my maternal grandmother and paternal grandfather died before I was born, so my neighbours were like our other grandparents.

I still think about them a lot, but its important to remember the good times, not the bad. If you constantly worry about death, you might be slightly better prepared for it. But you'll never enjoy life as much.

(I didn't say anything funny in this post, which is unusual for me. However, if you re-read it in Joe Pasquales voice, it might be funnier)
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Little Blue Fox.

| 4,256 posts

4th Sept 2009 at 10:45 am

Little Blue Fox. - Hope is important.

Hope is important.

My Grandparent's both died in 2003. I try to remember all my memories and think about lots of little happy thing. I visit their grave, sometimes, and think about them, but I do not tell anyone at-all. It is private and secret. I really miss them.
It does not feel like they are dead, sometimes, it just feels like they are...away (please does it make sense at-all?).
I am not scared about death and dying. I believe in *a* life after death, I think, but I am not sure.

Quote: Paddy Irishman, Sept 2009

(I didn't say anything funny in this post, which is unusual for me. However, if you re-read it in Joe Pasquales voice, it might be funnier)

Oh my goodness - nothing in Joe Pasquale's voice is funny, ever.
It hurts too much not to try.
I will see you in another life when we are both cats.
Quod perditum est, in venietur.*Facebook.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

4th Sept 2009 at 10:56 am

River Phoenix

Quote: Pippin., Sept 2009
My Grandparent's both died in 2003. I try to remember all my memories and think about lots of little happy thing. I visit their grave, sometimes, and think about them, but I do not tell anyone at-all. It is private and secret. I really miss them.
It does not feel like they are dead, sometimes, it just feels like they are...away (please does it make sense at-all?).
I am not scared about death and dying. I believe in *a* life after death, I think, but I am not sure.

Oh my goodness - nothing in Joe Pasquale's voice is funny, ever.

The away thing makes sense; i feel like that about my mother. i dream about her sometimes, which is weird as i only once dreamt about her when she was alive. And when i wake up i sometimes think that she is still alive and have to remind myself that she isn't. Like in April, it would've been her birthday and i dreamt about her and Cassie the dog a few days before it; i cried when i woke up.

Oh, and i agree with you about Joe Pasquale.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

4th Sept 2009 at 11:24 am

I aim to misbehave

I agree that Joe Pasquale isn't funny, but him saying something serious in his voice would be hilarious.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

4th Sept 2009 at 11:25 am

River Phoenix

I agree that Joe Pasquale isn't funny, but him saying something serious in his voice would be hilarious.

Yeah, i see what you mean. His voice is funny but his jokes aren't.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

4th Sept 2009 at 11:41 am

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Rayanne Graff, Sept 2009

Yeah, i see what you mean. His voice is funny but his jokes aren't.

Precisely. It's like having the Mini-me from Austin Powers talking about homeless people, in his squeaky-voice. Talking about something serious, but you can't help laughing

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

4th Sept 2009 at 11:51 am

Πανδώρα -

joe used to be good, nowadays he's god awful, but yeah. back when he wasn't too well known to be on in york

but yeah, lets see...
all my grandparents are dead, never knew my granddad on me mams side, cancer went before i was born
my nanna went 10 years ago this year, always felt weird that i didn;t cry at her funeral... it was like i'd already done it all, she's the only really close one that's gone

it's actually overdue now... something's bound to happen soon though

been to quite a few funerals tbh. 7 i can think of right now.
*burp*

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

5th Sept 2009 at 8:39 pm

River Phoenix

Quote: Pinga, Sept 2009
a boy who I used to be good friends with in college has died. He was in my tutor group. everyone has wrote on his facebook wall saying how they'll miss him and i can't write on it because i feel like a fraud because i hadn't been in touch with him properly since i went away to Uni

i don't think it'd be fraudulent if you wrote something. Just because you ended up not being in touch, it doesn't mean that you aren't entitled to have feelings.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page