Things That Make You Want to Flip Out Like a Ninja, and Kill Everyone.

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Alec

| 1,347 posts

28th Jul 2009 at 9:11 am

Alec - Bing Bong Changes

Bing Bong Changes

I just missed a parcel delivery because I was in the shower, having already gotten one parcel today. Why send them in two separate deliveries?

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

28th Jul 2009 at 9:35 am

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Cool title.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

28th Jul 2009 at 1:30 pm

Πανδώρα -

a stray bread crumb yesterday has left me with a seriously sore throat.
*burp*

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

28th Jul 2009 at 11:29 pm

learrggh -

painful, painful, painful sore breasts.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 1:24 am

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

Quote: vespertilio, Jul 2009
painful, painful, painful sore breasts.

they need a massage.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 6:04 am

Πανδώρα -

damn throat.

been laid awake for over an hour now swallowing every few seconds & it f*cking hurts
want to go back to sleep but it feels that sh*te >_<
*burp*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 9:31 am

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

My boss just asked me a few questions about a beam design I did a few weeks ago. He pointed out a few things, which were technically correct, but still kind of wrong.

Now I'm doing a beam design and I'm completely stumped and second-guessing myself on everything
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 9:40 am

Quote: The Underwhelmed One, Jul 2009
My damned neediness.

Ditto that.

Also, horrendous lack of sleep caused by new pills.
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 10:12 am

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Paddy Irishman, Jul 2009
My boss just asked me a few questions about a beam design I did a few weeks ago. He pointed out a few things, which were technically correct, but still kind of wrong.

Now I'm doing a beam design and I'm completely stumped and second-guessing myself on everything

AARGGHHH

Okay, background info. I designed a beam a week ago. He is now designing a beam for another house, but hasn't done one in a while so he's looking over mine.

He called me up again, and pointed out another thing which was wrong. But really it wasn't wrong. I skipped a step and saved myself about half an hours work because I knew if I selected Beam A, it would be wrong, and I'd have to redo everything and design for Beam B, and possibly Beam C. So I skipped a few steps, because I knew by looking at it, by f*cking looking at it, that I'd need Beam B.

So he calls me up saying I should have designed for Beam A instead of overspecifying. Gives me a patronising speech about how he knows I'm still getting used to it, and it takes a while before you can be confident in your calculations. So when he left to go out on site, I designed it using Beam A, and its wrong.

Motherf*cker I have surpassed you. The student has become the master. The master has become my b*tch. You haven't done a beam design in ages because I've been doing them all. I'm f*cking great at them. So f*ck you.

Sad part is, I can't tell him he's wrong. Because technically, I should have designed for Beam A. But when he tries it, he'll see I'm right. So f*ck him

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 10:22 am

I aim to misbehave

I did. I pointed out why I skipped the steps. I said that while Beam A would pass on shear and bending moment, it would fail badly on deflection. I pointed out why. Then he just started on about how we should be trying to use as small a beam as possible, because its easier to install etc. I just checked, even a beam just a little smaller than Beam B fails. Even though I had a good feeling that it would, I wouldn't have been able to prove it there so I said nothing.

He's sly like that. He won't technically give out to you, he'll just 'explain the way we do things', so really you can't give out.

Another problem is, I sometimes check calculations on post-its first, just a quick check also in order to save time and pointless calculations. But I can't say that because I really shouldn't be doing it.

I'm going to wait and ask him how it worked out for him though, did he get it as a smaller beam

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 10:38 am

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Das Buroski, Jul 2009
Just wait till something he designs with the wrong beam fails due to it being too small, sit back and say 'I told you so'

I wouldn't even say that. I'd just give him a look of disappointment, then occasionally mention things like "Beam me up Scotty" or "My car failed the NCT. Turned out my Headlight BEAMS WERE TOO SMALL"

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 1:04 pm

learrggh -

Flakey people.

Cancelling half an hour before we're supposed to meet, and weren't even gonna bother tell me til I texted to double check.

Jingle

| 4,578 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 5:50 pm

Jingle - WOO-HAH!

WOO-HAH!

Just wait till something he designs with the wrong beam fails due to it being too small, sit back and say 'I told you so'

I wouldn't even say that. I'd just give him a look of disappointment, then occasionally mention things like "Beam me up Scotty" or "My car failed the NCT. Turned out my Headlight BEAMS WERE TOO SMALL"

I thought you were talking about laser beams and I got excited.

Oh dear.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 6:26 pm

Outside-left

Quote: vespertilio, Jul 2009
Flakey people.

Cancelling half an hour before we're supposed to meet, and weren't even gonna bother tell me til I texted to double check.

Kick him/her in the c*nt.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 6:28 pm

River Phoenix

Quote: Jingle, Jul 2009

I thought you were talking about laser beams and I got excited.

Oh dear.

Aw, people here are nerdy.

wombat

| 8,154 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 7:00 pm

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

Quote: Pinga, Jul 2009
stress eating. needs to stop.

For me, quite the opposite. I have barely any appetite.
Southern hemispherical rat boy

Alec

| 1,347 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 7:01 pm

Alec - Bing Bong Changes

Bing Bong Changes

I have an ulcer in the ridge between my bottom lip and bottom gum, and it's split open. Hurts like f*ck.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

29th Jul 2009 at 7:40 pm

Outside-left

Quote: Claire, Jul 2009
F*cking hell there's a huge article about my Dad in the local paper, it paints it as my Mum's fault, so f*cking ANGRY.

Oh f*cking marvellous, front f*cking page.

Sh*t Claire, that's f*cking horrible.
Speak to someone in the legal trade about getting an apology printed or something more.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

30th Jul 2009 at 6:30 pm

Outside-left

People bitching and moaning that British Gas has made money.

£299m over 15.6m accounts is less than £20 per person. Get a f*cking grip.

Alec

| 1,347 posts

31st Jul 2009 at 8:06 am

Alec - Bing Bong Changes

Bing Bong Changes

I've now had this ulcer for four bloody days.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

31st Jul 2009 at 9:33 am

I aim to misbehave

Anyone else having trouble with the forums? It keeps asking me to donate to access. I can access the threads from the main page, but not actual forums.

Also, I was going to find the Death Pool thread, as apparantly Bobby Robson has died.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

31st Jul 2009 at 9:54 am

River Phoenix

Anyone else having trouble with the forums? It keeps asking me to donate to access. I can access the threads from the main page, but not actual forums.

Also, I was going to find the Death Pool thread, as apparantly Bobby Robson has died.

Yeah, i am as well.

i mentioned about it in Rox's New Site thread and Darren said that maybe it's because things are being worked on.

Organised Confusion

| 3,982 posts

31st Jul 2009 at 1:18 pm

Meeting the hottest guy I have ever known and have not seen in a year wearing my dad's golfing jacket and an afro

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: