[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

5th Jul 2009 at 9:57 pm

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

Have you heard the lyrics?

It's even worse than 'Resolve', which was previously their worst ever song.

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

5th Jul 2009 at 10:20 pm

Carpet Remnant -

But it's for a greatest hits comp, generally the songs exclusive for those are terrible.
It's not really fair to say he should quit because you've heard one song you don't like after you liked their previous album....

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

5th Jul 2009 at 10:26 pm

Outside-left

I liked it, but it was nowhere near the standard of the first three. And don't forget that Skin and Bones, In Your Honor (...) and One by One were all diabiolical.

Never have I known a band I like to worsen their studio recordings in quite the same way. It doesn't bode well either, given that they always lead with what they deem as their strongest song.

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

5th Jul 2009 at 10:47 pm

Carpet Remnant -

Didn't you once say one by one was dire due to poor production and not bad songwriting though?

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

5th Jul 2009 at 10:52 pm

Outside-left

The poor production only added to what is a bad album. I've a 5.1 FLAC of it on audio DVD, and although the production issue is cleared up, most of the songs are still fairly weak, the exceptions being 'Low' and 'Come Back'. Whoever decided to put 'Overdrive' on there instead of 'Normal' needs dragging outside and shooting.

My opinion on One by One seems to change a fair bit depending on the last song from it I listened to haha.

If they didn't still have it live, I'd have given up a while back.

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

5th Jul 2009 at 10:58 pm

Carpet Remnant -

Fair enough, to be honest I haven't properly listened to them in what seems like about a year, if not longer. I have concluded their sound hasn't really evolved much over the years beyond straight forward arena rock (the only album that sounds significantly different to my ears is the first). Still sometimes have a spot for straightforward rock though.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

6th Jul 2009 at 9:42 am

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Not as much a fan of them as I used to be either. I'll wait til the next album to properly decide whether to hate them or not.

They are still awesome live though. Well, I say still, whenever it was that they're last album came out. Think it was about 2 years ago now.
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

the doc

| 23,161 posts

8th Jul 2009 at 11:19 am

the doc -

They've been gash for absolutely f*cking ages now. The last two great songs he wrote were Aurora and Headwires on There Is Nothing Left To Lose. I completely lost interest in them after that album. I'd imagine they've still got it live cos they've been brilliant every time I've seen them, although I think the last Foos gig I went to was at Manchester Academy in 1999........

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page