Times Like These

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Paula

| 4,556 posts

19th Feb 2009 at 10:19 pm

Paula - King of Knights

King of Knights

I have had a f*cking terrible day and I need to get a few things of my chest.

I don't know who's aware of it and who isn't but I've been through some f*cking horrible sh*t. The type that has left me on anti-depressants and having regular meetings with a councillor. About a week ago something came up during a counciling session that I'll admit I need to face up to, I just don't want to. It's very big, very scary to me and is something I don't feel comfortable discussing, either with the councillor or online as I don't like the idea of some faceless strangers picking over my scabs. Anyway, since it came up I haven't been able to sleep, I keep 'forgetting' to eat and I keep having panic attacks. I thought I'd beaten this particular little problem but obviously I was wrong.

I've thought about bringing it up with my best friends at college but I'm not happy dumping my crap on them, especially since I know for a fact that they have their own crap to deal with.

How the f*ck do I get past this whole not being able to talk to anyone thing? I couldn't even admit to my best friend about liking a guy until after she got me drunk and told me that his brother fancied me and asked if I was interested. If it takes that much to get me to admit to something normal to someone I trust how am I meant to talk about the worst moments of my life. I can't f*cking do it and just writing about all this has got me in tears

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

19th Feb 2009 at 11:15 pm

learrggh -

There are anonymous councilling services on the internet which might be easier to talk to, and there are phone numbers too.
I'm not sure if you included that in your dislike of faceless strangers or if you only meant online people like us.

I'm certain that your friends will take time out for you to listen and won't hold it against you that you have something you need to talk about to feel better.

In the meantime you could take a moment to let a friend know that you're going through a rough patch and need some support.

You'll already know everyone on VR will look after one of their own, and I'm pretty much glued to the computer myself, so if a faceless stranger suddenly becomes a good idea, one of us will listen.

Dr. Harold Shipman

| 10,547 posts

19th Feb 2009 at 11:15 pm

Dr. Harold Shipman - Old people CLEARLY need more painkillers.

Old people CLEARLY need more painkillers.

I just want to say, no matter what you need to talk about, I'll always listen, be it on here or face-to-face

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

20th Feb 2009 at 5:16 am

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

Hmm, not sure whether this will help, but when I was doing the whole counselling thing, I always sat at 90 degrees to the counsellor so that I was essentially talking to a wall that happened to talk back. Helped me talk about alot of things that i'd never admit to someones face.

Either way, i share Alex's sentiments. Absolutely anything I can do at all, on the phone/in person etc, then I will.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page