Things That Really Steam Your Broccoli.

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

26th Jan 2009 at 2:01 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Here is a new thread for everyone to share their wrath.

i remember that David-James referred to his broccoli being steamed in a post before, and i thought it would make a good title.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Animal

| 32,547 posts

26th Jan 2009 at 2:24 pm

Animal -

STEAM - The software, the f*ckers billed me for a pre-order thats not out till mid Feb!

Cuntsplash!
http://www.dasburros.com

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

Vel

| 23,203 posts

26th Jan 2009 at 2:35 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Quote:
I can't think of anything that might be bloating me; the only dairy I have is milk in my tea and I don't have any fizzy drinks.

I'm not a stick anymore, since I left school I've had no exercise and been eating from boredom, and put on a stone. ALL of it on my hips and bum.

Maybe you should try just a little exercise then? Get your boyfriend to join in, or some friends. Set a date or something.

Most people gain weight when they leave school- especially if you've got nothing to occupy yourself. I'm in the same boat, tbh. Want to lose the weight that I've put on around my stomach. You could probably do core stability exercises whilst watching TV or something if you're really bored- they'll strengthen the muscles.

But as Phil said, starving isn't the answer. I bet the moment you find someway of occupying yourself, the weight will fall off. I found volunteering at a charity shop helpful, because it gives you something to put on your CV so you've more chance of getting a job, it keeps you busy so you don't stuff yourself, and you're active so it passes the time.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Dr. Harold Shipman

| 10,547 posts

26th Jan 2009 at 3:07 pm

Dr. Harold Shipman - Old people CLEARLY need more painkillers.

Old people CLEARLY need more painkillers.

I'VE NOT BEEN F*CKING PAID!!!

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

26th Jan 2009 at 3:45 pm

Carpet Remnant -

Quote: girlpants
STEAM - The software, the f*ckers billed me for a pre-order thats not out till mid Feb!

c*ntsplash!

Why would you pre-order a digital download?

Animal

| 32,547 posts

26th Jan 2009 at 3:49 pm

Animal -

Easy, I get access to a closed Beta till it comes out, by way of saying thanks for placing a pre-order.

Plus it saves me the hassle of remembering to buy when its out.

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

26th Jan 2009 at 5:43 pm

Πανδώρα -

f*cking up their a*se animal technician.

he's a complete w*nker, where granted, islay SHOULDN'T have been wingeing to amanda about when the session finished and that she was done because she started 10 minutes early - that even p*ssed me off
because it's true, she's a work shy little c*nt in that unit this year "what's the point, we're not getting paid, i'm not doing a good job"

yeah, you're only f*cked off because you don't see how you should be there, seeing as you've done most of your WE hours being a little swot & going to the vets over the summer.
anyway, i'm rambling.

either way, he ended up having a go at faye about something & upsetting her to f*ck
then nikki's cropped in saying "i don;t think you should have come back yet"

becasue staying at home is really going to help her right now
*burp*

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

26th Jan 2009 at 5:46 pm

Πανδώρα -

also, the hamster just ended up on the floor because the dog jumped up, the hamster dropped, he dropped with it, laid down, i grabbed his scruff & the hamster crawled under him
which has pretty much sent us back to square one with it just screaming at us all the time
*burp*

Animal

| 32,547 posts

26th Jan 2009 at 5:53 pm

Animal -

Quote: SHADOW_FIGHTER
My pal's ex girlfriend burned his book.
There were only 126 copies of that book made in the world.
And she's STILL having a go at him even though she dumped him weeks ago.

Youch!

Personally, I'd do more than have a go at him for this.

Though, if I owned one of the other 125 copies, I'd also be shaking his hand since the value of mine would have gone up slightly.

Cycling Antics

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

26th Jan 2009 at 5:54 pm

Dissimulation -

Quote: Lemony_Zester
Quote:
I can't think of anything that might be bloating me; the only dairy I have is milk in my tea and I don't have any fizzy drinks.

I'm not a stick anymore, since I left school I've had no exercise and been eating from boredom, and put on a stone. ALL of it on my hips and bum.

Maybe you should try just a little exercise then? Get your boyfriend to join in, or some friends. Set a date or something.

Most people gain weight when they leave school- especially if you've got nothing to occupy yourself. I'm in the same boat, tbh. Want to lose the weight that I've put on around my stomach. You could probably do core stability exercises whilst watching TV or something if you're really bored- they'll strengthen the muscles.

But as Phil said, starving isn't the answer. I bet the moment you find someway of occupying yourself, the weight will fall off.

This. Watching what you eat is a great start, but you`re never going to get the results you`re after without a decent exercise regime. Most educational establishments have gym facilities and cost next to nothing to join. If that`s not an option, all you need is a pair of running shoes, an exercise mat, a stability ball and a couple of small weights. For burning fat, a slow jog for around 30 minutes a session, 3-4 times a week, is ideal. Walk everywhere you can, rather than driving or getting the bus. Throw in some stability exercises like Alice suggested, maybe some aerobics, some light resistance training and you`ll be fine.

As far as the diet goes, two meals a day is not enough. Never skip breakfast. Fruit and fibre, wholemeal toast, poached eggs, fruit or fruit juice. Anything like that is a proper job. For the rest, just a case of eating sensibly. We all know what things are bad for us and what things aren`t. Drink plenty of water and allow yourself the odd treat like a bit of butter on a jacket spud, or what have you.

It`s more a lifestyle change than a diet. Diets never last. Don`t get disheartened if you don`t lose any weight one week. A women`s body weight will fluctuate a lot more than a bloke`s, anyway.  

Animal

| 32,547 posts

26th Jan 2009 at 6:02 pm

Animal -

Ach, misread your post, meaning mine doesn't make an amazing amount of sense without some translation.

Basically reverse most of what I said - Kill her, unless I owned it then I'd thank her.

Which book was it?

Cycling Antics

Animal

| 32,547 posts

26th Jan 2009 at 6:25 pm

Animal -

Nice.

Reminds me of the lucky gits that cadged the ultra rare full colour copy of HoL with Braille sections actually done in real braille, rather than ink dots.

Cycling Antics

Animal

| 32,547 posts

26th Jan 2009 at 6:30 pm

Animal -

Likewise.

Mines falling to bits actually.

Its been passed around my friends so many times, probably still has some scrawled, pencilled in notes from last time I was reading it..

The cover is a complete mess... I think I've only read it 2 times or so since I got given it.

On this subject - P*ssing me off is the fact I was sorting out the stuff I still have at Mums for the charity shop - i have two massive boxes of books to move out still.. No wonder I've got f*ck all to read here.

Cycling Antics

I Cunt Spell

| 4,650 posts

26th Jan 2009 at 6:40 pm

I Cunt Spell -

Revolutionary Road adverts.
They're on every two seconds and I still have no idea what the film's about

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

26th Jan 2009 at 7:33 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

gah, thought of some albums I really wanted to download earlier. Gone now. Cant even remember what type of music they were. And I know when I next think of them, I'll be nowhere near the laptop
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

26th Jan 2009 at 8:25 pm

Dissimulation -

Whilst I`m honoured you asked me to be best man at your wedding, you know full well that I won`t be able to give you a definitive answer to whether or not I`ll be able to make it, until I`ve been given my joining date for the Navy (assuming I get in, of course). I can`t send off the AFCO form until my passport comes back and I won`t be able to get a joining date until I`ve sent off the AFCO and passed all the relevant tests and checks. It`s probably going to take at least a month to get my passport back, you know this, so why the f*ck are you phoning me up saying I`ll have to let you know in a matter of weeks.

You got engaged at Christmas and your missus has already set a date for August the 22nd, wow. I`ve been working towards this for at least a year and as close as we are and as much as we`ve been through, nothing is more important to me at the moment than pursuing this. I don`t care if it means missing my nephew`s christening, or your f*cking wedding. I`d rather not, of course, but I`m putting myself first.

So, you apparently `need` to know, so her father can buy the suits. No offence, but I`d rather wear my own f*cking suit. So f*cking what if she wants the best man`s suit to match with the groom. What the f*ck do I care? Seriously? I don`t give a sh*t about that insignifcant b*ll*cks and I`d bet a pound to a pinch of sh*t, nor will anyone else. And don`t try and give me all the "well. it`s her wedding b*ll*cks" either. F*ck your missus. I don`t even like her anyway. I`m happy for you, because your happy and that`s what counts but seriosuly, the girl is a f*cking immature, controlling, thoughtless c*nt. I don`t care what she wants, thinks or feels. Not even slightly. So yeah, if I have to wait to tell you, deal with it. If I can`t get a matching suit, damn, what a big f*cking shame that will be and if I can`t come, I can`t come.  

I will let you know within the next couple months, definitely with enough time to ask somebody else to be the best time. If that`s not good enough, then it`s not good enough. Simple as.    

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

26th Jan 2009 at 8:26 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Paddy_Irishman
gah, thought of some albums I really wanted to download earlier. Gone now. Cant even remember what type of music they were. And I know when I next think of them, I'll be nowhere near the laptop

Finally remembered. Even though I wasnt trying to. I hate my head

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

26th Jan 2009 at 8:32 pm

River Phoenix

It annoyed me when one of my neighbours was playing loud and stupid music a few minutes ago, but they seem to have stopped now.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

26th Jan 2009 at 8:35 pm

Animal -

F*cking DMCA take downs given by labels.

DeathCab for Cutie videos disapear off bands homepage.

F*cking idiots!

Cycling Antics

Vel

| 23,203 posts

26th Jan 2009 at 8:40 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Ach, sh*te. I thought depositional practices and single grave burials were two separate topics, but they're only one.

This means I've revised ONE topic for Wednesday's exam so far. I'm f*cked.

Need to try Beaker Folk and Portable Artefacts, but that still only gives me three topics and there's a choice of six questions out of twelve. Apparently according to Anthony who talked to Julian the exam setter, it's only going to be on the last part of the course, so that's a choice of six topics. I hope that's right. I'm so scared about this exam because I can't concentrate and know nothing.

Must get my presentation results back, so that I know roughly how much I have to get in order to get a decent grade. And we can't resit a single exam, has to be the entire year if we fail. F*CK.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

26th Jan 2009 at 8:46 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

I had 4 Krispy Kreme doughnuts today, yes they live up to the hype, but was trying to have a good week Oh well must have burned off 650 kcals today doing cardio, so at least I wont be over too much.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

26th Jan 2009 at 10:11 pm

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

Quote: Dissimulation
Whilst I`m honoured you asked me to be best man at your wedding, you know full well that I won`t be able to give you a definitive answer to whether or not I`ll be able to make it, until I`ve been given my joining date for the Navy (assuming I get in, of course). I can`t send off the AFCO form until my passport comes back and I won`t be able to get a joining date until I`ve sent off the AFCO and passed all the relevant tests and checks. It`s probably going to take at least a month to get my passport back, you know this, so why the f*ck are you phoning me up saying I`ll have to let you know in a matter of weeks.

You got engaged at Christmas and your missus has already set a date for August the 22nd, wow. I`ve been working towards this for at least a year and as close as we are and as much as we`ve been through, nothing is more important to me at the moment than pursuing this. I don`t care if it means missing my nephew`s christening, or your f*cking wedding. I`d rather not, of course, but I`m putting myself first.

So, you apparently `need` to know, so her father can buy the suits. No offence, but I`d rather wear my own f*cking suit. So f*cking what if she wants the best man`s suit to match with the groom. What the f*ck do I care? Seriously? I don`t give a sh*t about that insignifcant b*ll*cks and I`d bet a pound to a pinch of sh*t, nor will anyone else. And don`t try and give me all the "well. it`s her wedding b*ll*cks" either. f*ck your missus. I don`t even like her anyway. I`m happy for you, because your happy and that`s what counts but seriosuly, the girl is a f*cking immature, controlling, thoughtless c*nt. I don`t care what she wants, thinks or feels. Not even slightly. So yeah, if I have to wait to tell you, deal with it. If I can`t get a matching suit, damn, what a big f*cking shame that will be and if I can`t come, I can`t come.  

I will let you know within the next couple months, definitely with enough time to ask somebody else to be the best time. If that`s not good enough, then it`s not good enough. Simple as.  

This is the exact reason why i f*cking hate the idea of an organised and planned wedding. Vegas or nothing.

Sorry to hear that she's showing her true colours at such an important time for you mate.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

26th Jan 2009 at 11:08 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

They don't normally sell cows' eyeballs due to nvCJD reasons, but you should be able to get pigs'. Ask the butcher- ours got some in especially when we asked for our biology dissections.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

26th Jan 2009 at 11:39 pm

Πανδώρα -

dogs. again -__-

GSD's with wobbly hocks & arses that curl under to f*ck
bleh.
*burp*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

27th Jan 2009 at 6:38 am

I aim to misbehave

Quote: SHADOW_FIGHTER
Quote: Lemony_Zester
They don't normally sell cows' eyeballs due to nvCJD reasons, but you should be able to get pigs'. Ask the butcher- ours got some in especially when we asked for our biology dissections.

Pigs are fine too!
Thanks

Why do I have the feeling that the ones you want wont be for biology dissections?

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

27th Jan 2009 at 7:34 am

Chris Kamara -

Running in the morning. Bloody hell it's knackering.

Little Blue Fox.

| 4,256 posts

27th Jan 2009 at 10:15 am

Little Blue Fox. - Hope is important.

Hope is important.

I should not say silly and ironic things. - It is really fun and goofy, I think, but it makes me feel really stupid and fake. :-[
It hurts too much not to try.
I will see you in another life when we are both cats.
Quod perditum est, in venietur.*Facebook.

the doc

| 23,161 posts

27th Jan 2009 at 10:24 am

the doc -

The bulb in my lava lamp has popped and I can't find my spare

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

27th Jan 2009 at 10:59 am

I aim to misbehave

Quote: little_blue_fox
I should not say silly and ironic things. - It is really fun and goofy, I think, but it makes me feel really stupid and fake. :-[

Nonsense. You should say silly and ironic things. Its funny. Take yesterday for example. That was funny. You're funny. You're a funny guy. Like the opposite of every clown I've ever seen. Keep up the good work

Debs|OWA

| 6,513 posts

27th Jan 2009 at 11:14 am

Debs|OWA - Scree

Scree

i just found out that someone i've known all my life has cancer
they can't cure it cause it's spread everywhere

the doc

| 23,161 posts

27th Jan 2009 at 11:20 am

the doc -

Quote: One_Winged_Angel

Not a lot you can say to that

Hope you're bearing up alright Debs, you know where I am if you need me

Debs|OWA

| 6,513 posts

27th Jan 2009 at 11:22 am

Debs|OWA - Scree

Scree

Quote: the_doc

Not a lot you can say to that  

Hope you're bearing up alright Debs, you know where I am if you need me  

thanks
I feel more bad for my granny though as she was her best friend and helped my gran through a lot with my granpa

Vel

| 23,203 posts

27th Jan 2009 at 11:47 am

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

It happens. Most of us will be affected by cancer in someway or another. Maybe she'll do a Jane Tomlinson and survive longer than expected.

It's not fair, but we all have to go sometime. If she's your grandma's best friend, it sounds like she has had a fair few years at least.

Just be there for her. There's not really much else you can do
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

27th Jan 2009 at 11:48 am

River Phoenix

i'm sorry about that also. xx

SEE OTHER ACCOUNT

| 1,786 posts

27th Jan 2009 at 2:11 pm

Sorry to hear that Debs.

Quote: Paddy_Irishman
Quote: little_blue_fox

Nonsense. You should say silly and ironic things. Its funny. Take yesterday for example. That was funny. You're funny. You're a funny guy. Like the opposite of every clown I've ever seen. Keep up the good work

Twiced.

SEE OTHER ACCOUNT

| 1,786 posts

27th Jan 2009 at 2:38 pm

You absolute f*cking c*nt, I'm trying to sleep after an eight hour shift and you decide now's the time to start blasting your remixes of last year's dance hit. Your music's sh*t, you know nothing, you've done nothing with your life. You think your living in a world where the man who lives above you won't come downstairs half naked and beat you bloodily senseless with a baseball bat with the smallest of justifications and fewer regrets. You're wrong.

I p*ss down your throat you ignorant wife beating sh*thead. F*ck off and die, do the world a favour.

LET ME SLEEP IN PEACE.

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

27th Jan 2009 at 3:07 pm

Dissimulation -

I swear to God the post is getting later and later. What ever happened to opening your mail with breakfast. F*cking lazy c*nts.

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

27th Jan 2009 at 3:10 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

I swear to God the post is getting later and later. What ever happened to opening your mail with breakfast. f*cking lazy c*nts.

Its been like that for years...

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

27th Jan 2009 at 3:17 pm

River Phoenix

Phil is right. Mine usually comes early on Saturdays, though.

Mancomb Seepgood

| 3,455 posts

27th Jan 2009 at 3:31 pm

Mancomb Seepgood - Grog me.

Grog me.

Quote: lmc
Revolutionary Road adverts.
They're on every two seconds and I still have no idea what the film's about

It's American Beauty set in the 50s. And the worst non-comic/Indiana Jones piece of awfulness I've ever seen in the cinema.
If I could get an orange that was as low-maintenance as an apple, I'd be a happy man

Claire

| 15,814 posts

27th Jan 2009 at 3:33 pm

Claire - Darren is most certainly not my god!

Darren is most certainly not my god!

I swear to God the post is getting later and later. What ever happened to opening your mail with breakfast. f*cking lazy c*nts.

I think mine comes at 2pm
Coloured Lilac And Insults Rarely E(Anymore)

Quote: Claire, Jun 2005
Basically, I'm just mangling and regurgitating what everyone's already said.

I’m really glad that the quote in my signature is a teenager.
Joint best Mod 2009. Officials.

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

27th Jan 2009 at 3:38 pm

I aim to misbehave

ours is about 3pm. In fairness, its not like she has a lot of houses to go to. I live in the sticks. From the front of my house, I can see 3 other houses. And the mail for one of those has to be delivered to us.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

27th Jan 2009 at 3:55 pm

Πανδώρα -

waking up at 5.20
shortly afterwards making a dash to the bathroom where i was reacquainted with the pizza we had for tea last night.

brushed teeth, back into bed.
waking back up at 8 am. making another dash to the bathroom
where nothing happened but my guts felt like they could explode from either end.
rang college, back to sleep.

jumped on my the dog numerous times up until 2pm where i finally got up & had a glass of water.

now sat here still feeling like either end could go, sh*t scared to fat or burp.
joy.
*burp*

Vel

| 23,203 posts

27th Jan 2009 at 4:14 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

In Bradford, ours comes at about 4pm. In Manchester, it varies, but it's certainly not at breakfast time. And it depends on whether the postie can be arsed knocking or not if you have a parcel, mostly they can't and you just get a red slip even though someone's been in and waiting.

Though what do you expect if they're paid pittance and fear sacking?
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

27th Jan 2009 at 4:22 pm

Carpet Remnant -

[http://www.appliancist.com/deni-stainless-steel-food-steamer.jpg]

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

27th Jan 2009 at 4:38 pm

Πανδώρα -

i now have to walk my mother to the doctors after not eating or drinking anything at all because she can't walk & is falling over.

all this because her f*cking idiot of a bloke doesn;t realise how much more she pays than him in just buying food for use at his house than he does on rent etc.

he wouldn't even have that house if it wasn't for her

oh he only has £7 a month to himself boo f*ckin hoo.
GET A JOB IF YOU WANT MONEY
i f*cking would if i had the time, but at the moment i don't need to.
the £50 i get for walking the dog covers the animals.
my ema is paying the rent.
i get given £20 a month for phone credit from bill, which gets put away if i don't need it

you are not a f*cking invalid, you just think because you had your hip replaced that people should feel all sorry for you & you just have to show signs of pain that you're not in when you're walking around
doesn't bother you when you're building a pigeon loft or lugging bags of corn around does it.

missey has more f*cked up hips than you, but she doesn't b*tch & whine or refuse to do things, she gets on & tries to do things, her legs might give way but she tries again.
and yes, she is a dog, but unlike you she hasn;t had surgery to put her pain right and she's had it since she was 2 years old
that's somewhere like 70 of her years.
yours started 3 years ago. large difference.

and if i EVER EVER see you so much as nudge her with that f*cking stick ever again your feet won't touch the b*st*rd ground.  

oh. he just turned up to take her. probably have a go at her on the way there then make her walk back though ¬_¬
*burp*

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

27th Jan 2009 at 5:32 pm

Outside-left

Automatic gearboxes.

Horrible, horrible things.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

27th Jan 2009 at 6:25 pm

Chris Kamara -

Haha, spot on. Ours comes after lunch, so if you're waiting for something important you have to stay in half the day. Does my head in.

Roxannie

| 12,431 posts

27th Jan 2009 at 7:24 pm

Roxannie -

I hate how parcel delivery guys don't turn up until about 10 so when no one opens the door straight away, they assume that whoever lives there is at work, and then you end up having to run out into the front garden in just your pyjamas to catch them.

Also they all ring the doorbell in the same way as my boyfriend, so thank god for the misted glass in the door.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

27th Jan 2009 at 8:01 pm

Outside-left

Folk using the treadmill as a walker without an incline. F*ck off and die in a fire.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: