Things That Really Steam Your Broccoli.

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Rayanne Graff

| 74,983 posts

26th Jan 2009 at 2:01 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Here is a new thread for everyone to share their wrath.

i remember that David-James referred to his broccoli being steamed in a post before, and i thought it would make a good title.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Πανδώρα

| 15,203 posts

26th Jan 2009 at 5:43 pm

Πανδώρα -

f*cking up their a*se animal technician.

he's a complete w*nker, where granted, islay SHOULDN'T have been wingeing to amanda about when the session finished and that she was done because she started 10 minutes early - that even p*ssed me off
because it's true, she's a work shy little c*nt in that unit this year "what's the point, we're not getting paid, i'm not doing a good job"

yeah, you're only f*cked off because you don't see how you should be there, seeing as you've done most of your WE hours being a little swot & going to the vets over the summer.
anyway, i'm rambling.

either way, he ended up having a go at faye about something & upsetting her to f*ck
then nikki's cropped in saying "i don;t think you should have come back yet"

becasue staying at home is really going to help her right now
*burp*

Πανδώρα

| 15,203 posts

26th Jan 2009 at 5:46 pm

Πανδώρα -

also, the hamster just ended up on the floor because the dog jumped up, the hamster dropped, he dropped with it, laid down, i grabbed his scruff & the hamster crawled under him
which has pretty much sent us back to square one with it just screaming at us all the time
*burp*

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

26th Jan 2009 at 5:54 pm

Dissimulation -

Quote: Lemony_Zester
Quote:
I can't think of anything that might be bloating me; the only dairy I have is milk in my tea and I don't have any fizzy drinks.

I'm not a stick anymore, since I left school I've had no exercise and been eating from boredom, and put on a stone. ALL of it on my hips and bum.

Maybe you should try just a little exercise then? Get your boyfriend to join in, or some friends. Set a date or something.

Most people gain weight when they leave school- especially if you've got nothing to occupy yourself. I'm in the same boat, tbh. Want to lose the weight that I've put on around my stomach. You could probably do core stability exercises whilst watching TV or something if you're really bored- they'll strengthen the muscles.

But as Phil said, starving isn't the answer. I bet the moment you find someway of occupying yourself, the weight will fall off.

This. Watching what you eat is a great start, but you`re never going to get the results you`re after without a decent exercise regime. Most educational establishments have gym facilities and cost next to nothing to join. If that`s not an option, all you need is a pair of running shoes, an exercise mat, a stability ball and a couple of small weights. For burning fat, a slow jog for around 30 minutes a session, 3-4 times a week, is ideal. Walk everywhere you can, rather than driving or getting the bus. Throw in some stability exercises like Alice suggested, maybe some aerobics, some light resistance training and you`ll be fine.

As far as the diet goes, two meals a day is not enough. Never skip breakfast. Fruit and fibre, wholemeal toast, poached eggs, fruit or fruit juice. Anything like that is a proper job. For the rest, just a case of eating sensibly. We all know what things are bad for us and what things aren`t. Drink plenty of water and allow yourself the odd treat like a bit of butter on a jacket spud, or what have you.

It`s more a lifestyle change than a diet. Diets never last. Don`t get disheartened if you don`t lose any weight one week. A women`s body weight will fluctuate a lot more than a bloke`s, anyway.  

Captain Mal Reynolds

| 11,852 posts

26th Jan 2009 at 7:33 pm

Captain Mal Reynolds - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

gah, thought of some albums I really wanted to download earlier. Gone now. Cant even remember what type of music they were. And I know when I next think of them, I'll be nowhere near the laptop
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

SayNotAWord: Does this thing still work?
SayNotAWord: Oh good - I ended up here at the end of a Mega Zine nostalgia rabbit hole
SayNotAWord: Nice to see there's still life in this glorious old place
SayNotAWord: It's ya boy, Parsley Possum
Luco El Loco: Hello
Emma: EVERYBODY DANCE NOW.
Luco El Loco: Wow I haven't heard that one in a while.
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: I was in the shower and "Fluff The Evil One" randomly floated through my mind so I thought I'd stop by, hi 'ziners!
Captain Spiky: Considering I haven't been on this site for over a decade, I find it mildly terrifying that I still have an average of 1.71 posts per day...
Captain Spiky: I miss this place... Much loveage to anybody reading this x
Graham: Passing through, hope you beautiful lot are doing well!
Rayanne Graff: Bye; peace to small Christmas trees.
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Friday night just thinkin' about sharing jaffa cakes with WLW... <3
Maeby: Almost 4 years. Where did the time go?
Pope of Chilli Town: Time flies Alice.
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Peace to small Christmas trees.
flicky: I'm back, 11 years on
Emma: ... and we get quieter and quieter.

Page: