It finally happened...

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

History For Sale

| 6,560 posts

10th Dec 2008 at 12:42 pm

Now our history is for sale....

I broke.

I have been really really not well recently with depression but I thought I could do it, I thought that cos I had a decent bloke and decent friends I could beat this. So I hid it from the world and didn't get the help I should have. This meant I got worse and worse and the only person that saw it was my boyfriend. Poor Cameron, he tried his best he really did.

However with recent events- uncle dying, SERIOUS work pressure, not getting this job I wanted, fall outs, losing my flat and having to live with mum who has problems, and the winter setting in, it all just got too much.

Cameron unfortunately was the last straw- it all got too much for him, and he finished with me on Saturday morning. Because of problems at home I had pretty much been living with him, so I also lost the place I felt most at home. He has a son as well who I care about like he was my own.

Losing him though, is ultimately worse. I have never felt so safe and happy with someone. Yeah, ok, I have spent about the last month and a half crying alot, but it wasn't because of him. I love him, I really do. He is the most kind, decent and thoughtful person I have ever met. I don't know how to go on without him.

So I had a breakdown, like proper no eating for days, crying, no sleep, and I finally did what I should have done YEARS ago, I gave in to help. I phoned the Dr, stood my ground and got seen on Monday morning.

I gave in to being medicated. Totally against my principles, but I honestly can say I don't know what other option I have now. For years I have battled with this and managed it on my own, but at the cost of good things in my life.

Well no more, this is the last time I am EVER letting my depression beat me. I don't see why I should lose out because of medical conditions. The only reason I have never taken any medication is because of my family drumming it into me that it was weak. Well I finally stood up to them and told them their opinions don't matter now- this is MY body and I am going to do what I need to keep myself well.

I also told work about what was going on, my team leader and one of the team managers sat down woth me and I explained. The reason being that my stress levels have left me with many physical symptoms recently and I have been off work a fair bit. T his was going to lead to disciplinary. I told them that the constant threat of my job was not making me any better. They were REALLY good about it. They are gonna check in on me every week or so for the next swee while to see how I am coping. That's taken a load off.

As for Cameron and I... well who knows. He says he can never see it happening. I dunno, I think maybe once I get myself back on track he may remember the person he fell for at the start. If not, well, I will be heartbroken for a long time.

Either way, I need to get myself better if I have any hope of becoming a teacher, and if I have any hope of having a decent life.

It's scary as hell though.

I only want you to see
My favourite part of me
And not my ugly side
Not my ugly side

[http://furcadia.com/banners/images/DownloadB2.gif]

Tobias Fünke

| 4,730 posts

10th Dec 2008 at 1:21 pm

Tobias Fünke  - I blue myself.

I blue myself.

Good luck on the road ahead, CA. I have no practical advice to give, but I know you can beat this. Take care.
Analrapist.

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

10th Dec 2008 at 1:35 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

Yup good luck, you've done the proper thing by going to see a doctor and telling work

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

10th Dec 2008 at 1:54 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

ditto what they said, well done for seeking help. Its a big step but at the end of the day, I'm sure it'll prove itself to be the right one
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

10th Dec 2008 at 5:18 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Good luck on the pills (incidentally, which are you on?) and I'm sorry that it had to go this road. However, if they are the right ones (and it may take a while to sort them), then they will help.

At least work is one less stress for you- and when you feel well enough to cope, you can move out of home, and your life will start to pull back together. So, take baby steps. Slowly but surely, you can get there.

I'm sorry that you broke up with Cameron- he seemed really good for you. Maybe you will get back together once you're back to your usual self. But if you don't, then there are lots more (wo)men who'll love you.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

History For Sale

| 6,560 posts

10th Dec 2008 at 5:21 pm

Citralosomething.

Not got them here.

Just baby ones first- I look like a junkie and I'm all agitated, but apparently that and the headaches and the worsening of symptoms are there for the first few weeks so i should be fine

Yes he was.

I''m not strong enough to fight for him yest, but by God I will be
I only want you to see
My favourite part of me
And not my ugly side
Not my ugly side

Vel

| 23,203 posts

10th Dec 2008 at 5:34 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Citalopram?

You think going on them's bad, try going off them. Those are junkie symptoms! Something to look forward to, eh- along with reclaiming Cameron?

Sounds like a Sarah Jessica Parker film
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

10th Dec 2008 at 6:15 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

Quote: Tooth_of__Wisdom

I''m not strong enough to fight for him yest, but by God I will be  

YEAH!!!

Roxannie

| 12,431 posts

10th Dec 2008 at 6:41 pm

Roxannie -

Quote: Lemony_Zester
Citalopram?

You think going on them's bad, try going off them. Those are junkie symptoms!

when I stopped taking them all that happened was the depressive symptoms came back. I know it's silly to just stop taking pills without talking to your doctor, but I prefer being a little bit depressed to having the head-jerking tic that the pills gave me.

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

10th Dec 2008 at 9:36 pm

I was on Citalopram too. I kept the tick

I think it's good that you've finally got some help with it, it will get easier.
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

11th Dec 2008 at 5:17 am

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

I was on that once. Stopped my b*ll*cks from doing their intended job so i came off it within a month. I was in a relationship at the tme and I'm shallow like that.

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

11th Dec 2008 at 8:30 am

learrggh -

Citalopram?

You think going on them's bad, try going off them. Those are junkie symptoms! Something to look forward to, eh- along with reclaiming Cameron?

Sounds like a Sarah Jessica Parker film

I'm not looking forward to coming off of these, even when I miss one or two doses in a row I get such awful withdrawal.

Been on them so long I can't report any other side effects than the ones mentioned, though.

Bob Flapper

| 5,002 posts

11th Dec 2008 at 11:14 am

Bob Flapper - Me?!

Me?!

Good luck on everything and good luck with your testicles Dan. Respect them and they will respect you.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

11th Dec 2008 at 12:43 pm

Outside-left

Quote: Flapper

Good luck on everything and good luck with your testicles Dan. Respect them and they will respect you.

They're fine now, it's been 2 years and they were back to normal within a matter of days.

Bob Flapper

| 5,002 posts

11th Dec 2008 at 5:18 pm

Bob Flapper - Me?!

Me?!

I don't believe you

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

11th Dec 2008 at 5:39 pm

Outside-left

Quote: Flapper

I don't believe you

A sample is in the post.

History For Sale

| 6,560 posts

16th Dec 2008 at 4:52 pm

Now I am kinda scared- no one I have spoken to IRL who has been on these before said coming off them is bad.

I'm really nauseous on these, get headaches, poo alot and sleep kinda weirdly, but the Dr said this should go away soon. Hope so.

Can't drink worth a f*ck now either- 4 pints of shandy, yes shandy, and I am hammered.

Cheap night though

My friends have been great, work have been great, my dad has been great, my mums been pretty good and my gran... well she'll come round.

As for Cameron, well, I dunno. We are friends for now. I don't know if I would want him back anyway. I want someone to love me for who I am, and ok I haven't been myself at all lately, but if we got back together, and I got bad again, would he leg it? I don't know if there is a chance or not.

We'll see.

I only want you to see
My favourite part of me
And not my ugly side
Not my ugly side

Vel

| 23,203 posts

16th Dec 2008 at 6:42 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

HA! I knew it was anti-depressants that impared my drinking ability (also my grape-wine allergy ). And your sleeping will be awful. Mine never got sorted: I'd oversleep two weeks or maybe three, and then the next I'd be an insomniac. Luckily mine didn't give me narcolepsy. My mum's did.

Being with a depressed person is hard, particularly if you have no experience of mental illness. People get frustrated as they can't see why you can't just snap out of it, or why even the slightest little thing can bring you back down.
Even my mum and dad had troubles just before my mum got put on them, and they've been married for 30 years (although part of it was to do with my brother).

Maybe he just needs to understand it more.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

History For Sale

| 6,560 posts

16th Dec 2008 at 6:45 pm

Yeah, well I doubt he will

Yes he has a son. Yes he has a mortgage on a house he was dumped with. Yes he has a band and a family to see as well. Yes I know he is skint. Yes, he is a closed book, hates confrontation and is grumpy as sh*t.

He's not perfect, yet it seems like I'm expected to be
I only want you to see
My favourite part of me
And not my ugly side
Not my ugly side

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

16th Dec 2008 at 11:47 pm

HA! I knew it was anti-depressants that impared my drinking ability (also my grape-wine allergy )

It affects you for the first few weeks - after that you're just a lightweight

Vel

| 23,203 posts

16th Dec 2008 at 11:50 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

I can still drink you under the table in spirits.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

16th Dec 2008 at 11:59 pm

I can still drink you under the table in spirits.

You're on.

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

17th Dec 2008 at 12:09 am

learrggh -

I can drink you all under the table in my own phlegm.

Bob Flapper

| 5,002 posts

17th Dec 2008 at 8:41 am

Bob Flapper - Me?!

Me?!

Quote: ApologeticSquirrel
I can drink you all under the table in my own phlegm.

you're on

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

17th Dec 2008 at 8:50 am

I aim to misbehave

i once saw a gay guy drinking his boyfriend under the table

Colin

| 10,038 posts

17th Dec 2008 at 12:17 pm

Colin -

Each time I read or hear it, my initial interpretation of the phrase isn't dissimilar to that.
http://www.myspace.com/papertruth
[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/resources/uploads/gerrard.jpg]

History For Sale

| 6,560 posts

18th Dec 2008 at 3:13 pm

Thank goodness, I went out last night and had 2 large brandys and a pint and i felt fine.

Al good

I keep getting all this bunged up gunky stuff in my throat when I sleep though, it's chewy, which is unpleasant.
I only want you to see
My favourite part of me
And not my ugly side
Not my ugly side

History For Sale

| 6,560 posts

16th Jan 2009 at 11:09 am

So, an update on how this is going for anyone interested...

I finally agreed to being medicated, as you know, and I wish I had done it years ago.

At first I felt like REALLY sick all the time, and got headaches and was all jittery. Now though I feel a hell of alot better! Well, unless I stupidly take more than one tablet in a day if I am in moron mode, then I end up totally paranoid and spewy.

Other good news- I have a new love interest. He is called Martin , he is 22, and we were at school together, although he was in the year below, and we have been friends for about 7 years. Now I know this is soon to enter into something, but it just kinda happened. We kissed at New Years and have been together properly since he asked me out on the 3rd Jan.

Now the good thing about this relationship is that Martin has known me a long time. He has seen all the different sh*t that is happened to me over the years. When Cameron and I split up he was there for me as a friend, and listened to all the mental sh*t in my head. Yet he still asked me out, knowing about my depression etc. He doesn't mind. So I don't worry so much that he's just going to leg it the first time it gets tough.

Infact he treats me like I'm something to treasure, and actually told me I'm beautiful. I haven't been told that for a very long time (I'm used to sexy, hot fit etc) and it's nice. Cameron certainly never said it to me.

Cameron and I are friends. It's hard, as I feel pretty bitter sometimes, but we are trying. I gave him 9 months, it would be a waste to totally let it go- we were like friends towards the end anyway. I still care about him alot, which I feel badly for in relation to Martin, but I can't just turn my feelings off. However, I want to be loved for who I am, and want someone who is going to make me get help if it gets bad again, rather than just letting it build up until they can't cope any more. This is how I see it for now anyway, it could change tomorrow. I'm like that.

I just hope things continue to go well.

Oh and I have a hamster, she is called Peaches as that is her colour, and she is BONKERS.

Edited by History For Sale Jan 2009
I only want you to see
My favourite part of me
And not my ugly side
Not my ugly side

SEE OTHER ACCOUNT

| 1,786 posts

16th Jan 2009 at 11:20 am

Glad to hear things are on the up

I Cunt Spell

| 4,650 posts

16th Jan 2009 at 11:29 am

I Cunt Spell -

Peaches? Is she bald?

History For Sale

| 6,560 posts

16th Jan 2009 at 11:31 am

Quote: lmc
Peaches? Is she bald?

Her hair is peach.

Although she is absolutely mental, so I wouldn't be surprised to find her with no hair sometime, or maybe a tiny mohawk and tattoos.

I only want you to see
My favourite part of me
And not my ugly side
Not my ugly side

History For Sale

| 6,560 posts

1st Apr 2009 at 4:26 pm

FOR F*CK SAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I finally start to get my life together, have a new bloke, am very happily engaged, work is going well...

So my mother sends me a text last night "GO STAY AT GRAMMAS OR AUNTIE MARIAS CHANGED LOCKS HAD ENUFF"

I'm like woooah. What have I done? Oh, apparently I overfilled the washing machine. Then I walked away from her when she was telling me about it... umm, hi, you said 'dont overfil the washing machine' and I said 'fine' then went to get ready for work as I had like 15 mins to be out the door. Apparently I walk away any time she gives me criticism, um hi, it's a washing machine. She said what she needed to. It was hardly an area for discussion. Plus I DON'T LIKE CONFRONTATION!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I take my aunt round, we batter hell out the door, get into a nice big chavvy argument, I get some stuff and walk out.

Apparently I have been pushing her for ages. Um, WHAT? I am a very quiet person in the house, I spend most of my time reading. I look after her stupid hamster. I look after her often enough. Christ she came out of hospital a month ago and hasn't been sober since. It's been a bloody nightmare. Then sheand her man have been fighting for days and keeping me awake everyniught when ive had work at 7am.. WHAT THE F*CKING A*SE IS THAT ALL ABOUT?!!! WHY AM I IN THE WRONG HERE?!! ITS NOT MY FAULT YOUR BOYFRIEND SLEPT WITH SOMEONE ELSE THEN LIED ABOUT IT STOP TAKING IT OUT ON ME.

Phone my gran this morning, who tells me she no longer wants anyhting to do with me because for the last year I always ran to 'the other side' i.e my dads mum and sister Maria. So basically because she is jealous of my auntie she doesnt want what is best for me.

So yeah, lost my home and family in one day.
I only want you to see
My favourite part of me
And not my ugly side
Not my ugly side

BloodyBandage

| 1 posts

13th May 2009 at 7:45 pm

VR kicks ass!

depression sucks...try to go for walks and stuff like that (working out) and brainwash yourself you are happy..if all else fails go on some meds. best of luck

Claire

| 15,814 posts

13th May 2009 at 7:55 pm

Claire - Darren is most certainly not my god!

Darren is most certainly not my god!

Lol thank God you came to enlighten us that the answer to solving depression is that easy, bot.
Coloured Lilac And Insults Rarely E(Anymore)

Quote: Claire, Jun 2005
Basically, I'm just mangling and regurgitating what everyone's already said.

I’m really glad that the quote in my signature is a teenager.
Joint best Mod 2009. Officials.

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

Colin

| 10,038 posts

13th May 2009 at 8:23 pm

Colin -

When I'm depressed, I ask a gamer.
http://www.myspace.com/papertruth
[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/resources/uploads/gerrard.jpg]

Claire

| 15,814 posts

13th May 2009 at 8:29 pm

Claire - Darren is most certainly not my god!

Darren is most certainly not my god!

Everyone should. I think the world would be a better place.
Coloured Lilac And Insults Rarely E(Anymore)

Quote: Claire, Jun 2005
Basically, I'm just mangling and regurgitating what everyone's already said.

I’m really glad that the quote in my signature is a teenager.
Joint best Mod 2009. Officials.

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

14th May 2009 at 1:21 am

Outside-left

Hold up, you're actually really properly engaged?

Pardon me for saying the above, because I'd assumed that the whole asking him thing was you joking. If not though, wahey.

History For Sale

| 6,560 posts

24th Sept 2009 at 3:09 pm

I just wanted to update anyone here who actually care anymore

Never got into teacher trianing incase you didn't realise.

Still at the callcentre but it's ok. Gave an idea to head office which they liked so its not all bad.

I'm a bit fed up of some of the people giving me gyp since I started cleaning though- Yeah, I might get a bit nippy with people sometimes but that is only due to the lack of respect. Ok it's cleaning but it's ok paid and it breaks the day up.

FED UP OF BEING ASKED IF I AM PREGNANT AS WELL!

No, I'm not. I look swollen up because I cmae off my antidepressants and my body is still readjusting. Why on earth anyone would be rude enough to A) assume this and B) actualy say anything is BEYOND me. I mean, anyhting could be going on is someones life, you do NOT open possible cans of worms like that.

Oh yeah, I'm off the pills...

At the end of June I got taken into hospital with very severe tonsillitis. My throat closed up and I couldn't breathe. Then, a friend of mine tried to kill themselves. The first event gave me a scary taste of mortality, which made me determined to beat the depression. The second made me see exactly what would have happened had I gone through with any of my failed attempts at ending it all...

Been off my tablets 2.5 months now and going strong

Martin and I live together now and it ias nice although we argue about housework and money a fair bit, you know like normal couples do. Still have no internet either. Sometimes use a mobile USB stick thingy but the signal is poor.

The engagement is going well, and I love him tonnes!!!!!!!!!

Just got my tonsils out yesterday and my throat looks totally minging. All white and scar looking as it is healing. The thing that dangles is bugging me as well cos its all swollen and everytime I swallow it goes down with my food and boings back up again!!!!

Yuck!

Umm otherwise... not much to say for now- applied for new jobs and stuff but we will see how it is
I only want you to see
My favourite part of me
And not my ugly side
Not my ugly side

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

29th Sept 2009 at 3:19 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: History For Sale, Sept 2009
I just wanted to update anyone here who actually care anymore

Never got into teacher trianing incase you didn't realise.

Still at the callcentre but it's ok. Gave an idea to head office which they liked so its not all bad.

I'm a bit fed up of some of the people giving me gyp since I started cleaning though- Yeah, I might get a bit nippy with people sometimes but that is only due to the lack of respect. Ok it's cleaning but it's ok paid and it breaks the day up.

FED UP OF BEING ASKED IF I AM PREGNANT AS WELL!

No, I'm not. I look swollen up because I cmae off my antidepressants and my body is still readjusting. Why on earth anyone would be rude enough to A) assume this and B) actualy say anything is BEYOND me. I mean, anyhting could be going on is someones life, you do NOT open possible cans of worms like that.

Oh yeah, I'm off the pills...

At the end of June I got taken into hospital with very severe tonsillitis. My throat closed up and I couldn't breathe. Then, a friend of mine tried to kill themselves. The first event gave me a scary taste of mortality, which made me determined to beat the depression. The second made me see exactly what would have happened had I gone through with any of my failed attempts at ending it all...

Been off my tablets 2.5 months now and going strong

Martin and I live together now and it ias nice although we argue about housework and money a fair bit, you know like normal couples do. Still have no internet either. Sometimes use a mobile USB stick thingy but the signal is poor.

The engagement is going well, and I love him tonnes!!!!!!!!!

Just got my tonsils out yesterday and my throat looks totally minging. All white and scar looking as it is healing. The thing that dangles is bugging me as well cos its all swollen and everytime I swallow it goes down with my food and boings back up again!!!!

Yuck!

Umm otherwise... not much to say for now- applied for new jobs and stuff but we will see how it is

Sorry, only saw this now

Glad to hear things are going okay for you Carrie Ann. I think I had my tonsils out when I was 8. Can't remember much, apart from the doctor telling me I could never eat ice-cream ever again. He lied. I could eat ice-cream.

Not much more I can say than that really, just keep it going and hope things stay ok

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page