Analrapist.

Tobias Fünke

| 4,730 posts

11th Nov 2008 at 3:00 pm

Tobias Fünke  - I blue myself.

I blue myself.

Quote: the_doc
Quote: Enigmatic_Shrew
Also I live with people who change the channel during the adverts.
One of my biggest pet peeves, it genuinely makes my skin crawl and makes me feel uncomfortable.

How f*cking short does your attention span have to be for you to be unable to cope with a f*cking advert break

I'd rather watch adverts than a random 3 minute segment of another show/film.

Adverts have to be muted round here or I end up sticking me boots through the TV screen.

Agreed. The average american spends 2 years of their life watching adverts, frightening stat.
Analrapist.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

11th Nov 2008 at 5:14 pm

Πανδώρα -

the fire alarm went off at precisely 11 ¬_¬

no one around me ever takes notice of the silence
*burp*

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

11th Nov 2008 at 6:06 pm

Πανδώρα -

the video that stopped working from downstairs.

took the covers off it just now, discovered the dog pee went nowhere near anything electrical or motorised, shoved a tape it, was acting up like it was down there

made it fast forward a bit, spazzed.
stopped it, turned it off, turned it on, spazzed out, ejected, put the tape back in & now it's working perfectly (in pieces on my bed, attatched to a TV is a completely different matter) :-?

bloody crown ¬_¬
*burp*

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

11th Nov 2008 at 6:27 pm

Πανδώρα -

put it back together. door not working, take it bck apart, fix the door, try it again & it spazzes >_<
*burp*

SEE OTHER ACCOUNT

| 1,786 posts

11th Nov 2008 at 6:40 pm

Quote: SHADOW_FIGHTER
Quote: Look_Dad_No_Tunes
Quote: Squirrell_of_Doom
Quote: biggaginge
C*nts who don't observe the 2 minute silence  

Colin

| 10,038 posts

11th Nov 2008 at 7:37 pm

Colin -

Quote: girlpants
they were sh*t anyway.

I was half-thinking I should take a look 'til you said this.
(I doubt it's inner-ear ones I want really)
And what the hell, didn't you only just list them?
http://www.myspace.com/papertruth
[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/resources/uploads/gerrard.jpg]

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

11th Nov 2008 at 10:10 pm

learrggh -

Oh they f*cking didn't...

Direct word for word in an email from Bose Legal.

Quote:
Dear Mr. Burrows,

We can confirm that your product is in fact a counterfeit product which violates our trademark rights in the UK and within Europe. I suspect that you purchased the product from a source in China or through a Chinese Website.

Best Regards,

Legal

Bear in mind, this is a sealed blister pack set of headphones, obtained directly from Bose themselves as a replacement under warranty for some faulty headphones...

Absolute f*cking idiots! I'm physically shaking I'm that angry about this..

Whaaat. :-?

You gonna email them back?

Colin

| 10,038 posts

11th Nov 2008 at 10:57 pm

Colin -

I clicked on a funny-looking picture when researching pictures for some ambiguous project. It was exactly this one, just on another site.
It redirected to a p*rn site with lots of nasties and a big instant-streaming video with sound and Colin doesn't want that :-[
*scared of internet*

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

11th Nov 2008 at 11:02 pm

Dissimulation -

Quote: JoeyRamone
Quote: SHADOW_FIGHTER
Quote: Look_Dad_No_Tunes
Quote: Squirrell_of_Doom
Quote: biggaginge
C*nts who don't observe the 2 minute silence  

I've decided that next year, if I'm out and about and some f*cker blatantly ignores the 2 minute silence, man or woman, I'm gonna lay em out right there on the spot.

And there's no excuses for it in this town because they mark the beginning and end of the silence with the old World War 2 sirens and they can be heard for miles.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

12th Nov 2008 at 9:04 am

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Quote: Lemony_Zester
Quote: thelostdude
I'm writing a handbook of phrases to use to avoid such people.
"I'm already signed up"
"I'm allergic"
"Racist!"

For the non-charity people, just saying you work in market research is a get out clause because it means you know how the questionaires work, and so would bias it.

I still think that there is no call for anyone to be rude to these people, a simple "sorry, I'm busy/ on my way to work" often suffices. It's what I say, or I just shake my head like I've lost my voice. Don't ignore them. It's bloody depressing, especially when you're just trying to earn a living.

i usually ignore them, as i'm so shy that i often feel embarrassed about people talking to me. That's my excuse, anyway.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

TinyShine

| 2,144 posts

12th Nov 2008 at 12:21 pm

TinyShine -

I didn't know there was a 2 minute silence... I've never been anywhere that it has been done. Maybe it's more an English thing.

Ruffling my feathers is my phone phobia....! I hate talking on the phone! And at the moment, Martin keeps encouraging me to cold call schools to try to promote my business....That is my biggest nightmare. I know I'm going to have to do it today, but I'm dreading it. I freeze up and don't know what to say and it's so difficult to gauge the other person's reaction, particularly when I don't know them.

Sarah xx

TinyShine

| 2,144 posts

12th Nov 2008 at 2:01 pm

TinyShine -

Quote: TinyShine

Ruffling my feathers is my phone phobia....! I hate talking on the phone! And at the moment, Martin keeps encouraging me to cold call schools to try to promote my business....That is my biggest nightmare. I know I'm going to have to do it today, but I'm dreading it. I freeze up and don't know what to say and it's so difficult to gauge the other person's reaction, particularly when I don't know them.

Sarah xx

Just did my first call. I must've said 'umm' about a million times...Very good for a speech therapist Anyway, it wasn't very successful! Next one!

Sarah xx

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

12th Nov 2008 at 2:19 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

have a radio transmitter to use the mp3 in the car, but it tends to f*ck up the car battery. Seen a new one that doesnt connect to the cigarette lighter for €30. Bought it, got to the car, opened it, it does connect to the cigarette lighter. The thing for it was hidden away in the packaging at the side. My own fault I suppose, but I dont remember it saying anything about it on the box
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Colin

| 10,038 posts

12th Nov 2008 at 5:25 pm

Colin -

This, which I shall be double posting to the happy thread, for the obvious reasons

Quote:
Dear Mr. Burrows,

We encounter hundreds of these issues on a daily basis and cannot remember what each photo is depicting.  Therefore we ask for confirmation of the photo so that we can investigate further.  Our intention is to protect our customer base and those who wish to become a customer of Bose and ensure that when they purchase a product branded Bose they receive a product which has been manufactured by Bose and not some Chinese company who is hijacking the brand in order to make a quick euro.  

It seems that you are highly tuned into the electronics industry and thus I would think that you would respect our approach in dealing with these issues.  eBay has a proliferation of these issues and many companies such as ours deals with these issues in the same way.  Should you wish to make defamatory statements about Bose we reserve all rights in that respect.

We appreciate your sending of the photos again for our inspection and can confirm that these do appear to be legitimate Bose in-ear headphones.  We will undertake to contact eBay immediately to resolve this situation and appreciate your willingness to cooperate in our investigation.  

With Kind Regards,

Bose Legal Department

No apology, though. And also the seemingly worrying implication that they just pulled my auction for no reason other than it being a Bose product, since the photos I sent over were identical to the ones used in the auction listing.

So, another email shall be going back, this one slightly more arsey than the last.

Pick a band you like and get at least ten of their song titles into the e-mail.

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

12th Nov 2008 at 5:50 pm

learrggh -

My mother putting the bread in the freezer.

We'll be halfway through, almost finished, or just started a loaf of bread and I'll come looking for a slice at lunchtime and find, LO, she's frozen it.

Why must she torture us so?

Mancomb Seepgood

| 3,455 posts

12th Nov 2008 at 6:53 pm

Mancomb Seepgood - Grog me.

Grog me.

Quote: ApologeticSquirrel
My mother putting the bread in the freezer.

We'll be halfway through, almost finished, or just started a loaf of bread and I'll come looking for a slice at lunchtime and find, LO, she's frozen it.

Why must she torture us so?  

I've never understood that. Surely bread is a product bought for immediate consumption?
If I could get an orange that was as low-maintenance as an apple, I'd be a happy man

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

12th Nov 2008 at 7:54 pm

Πανδώρα -

i just got f*cking yelled at down the phone for not walking rufus

i did not finish college until 5. the taxi driver for some f*cked up reason decided to go down the extra strip of the ring road to the 4th roundabout just to sit in traffic
rather than turning off at the 3rd round about & going down beckfield lane, ostman road & round there to mine

WHY WOULDN YOU DO THAT?

also point: the dogs owner gets home at 6, whas there REALLY any point going up there at 5.30?
just because that tramps gone to f*cking Scarborough or f*ck knows
*burp*

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

12th Nov 2008 at 8:48 pm

Πανδώρα -

leaving everything to the last possible minute & never learning from doing it ¬_¬

also, i never have any f*cker to ask when i need to know something, the few peple that might actually know completely hate my guts, have f*cked off out or are just f*cking ignoring me bcause they're b*st*rds >_<
*burp*

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

12th Nov 2008 at 9:41 pm

learrggh -

Quote: Lemony_Zester
Well, bread goes stale or mouldy really rather quickly, so if you're planning on not binning the loaf halfway through, it makes sense to freeze it, particularly if you are on a tight budget.

She does it for no known reason, bread doesn't go stale in this house (ever) and at several points I recall there being a bizarre number of opened loaves of bread in various stages of consumption in the freezer at one time.

If you take it out, she'll put it back in.

It's an irritating habit, especially when Tesco Value bread tastes questionable enough without having been frozen/defrosted three times over. :-?

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

12th Nov 2008 at 11:34 pm

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

Quote: Enigmatic_Shrew
Quote:
If girls knew you you'd find someone, you're really funny. You really really like properly make me laugh, that's all I need. Seriously, if I didn't have a boyfriend....

HE CALLS YOU FAT AND GENERALLY TREATS YOU LIKE SH*T!
I f*cking hate that guy. Seriously, they broke up and she stopped her silly milkshake diet that was making her ill and now they've gotten back together and she's gone back on it because he called her Tuna, which is apparently the name of a really fat guy in Blow, and Johnny Vegas.
She looks amazing the way she is, people that treat women like that and make them feel bad about their appearance are the worst kind of manipulative scum.
Even if I didn't like her I'd be p*ssed off at it, it's unforgivably cruel and evil to make someone think they have a weight problem when they don't.

That's the phenomenon known as 'blind b*tch'. They hoodwink themselves into believing that despite all the mistreatment, he really does care and love her...all the while having friendly fun with other people and realising what life could be like if the pride was dropped and they could admit they're wrong, and made a giant f*cking mistake. But this won't happen, and a lifetime of friend zone bullsh*t beckons, albeit with the eye sight you wish they had.

And Tuna was played by Ethan Suplee of My Name Is Earl fame, but he was about 7 stone bigger back then.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

13th Nov 2008 at 12:27 am

Outside-left

Quote: Lilac_Leopard
My sister's boyfriend did that to her. As soon as she had my niece, he was calling her fat, and now she barely eats (whilst breastfeeding, DANGER) and is like a small size 8 and he STILL says it. But she loves him. I try to equate it to how I feel about Andy, I know I would be upset if he started calling me fat (which he does ironically since I'm like a walking ironing board) and would want to please him because I'd be scared to lose the good thing that we have. Sometimes you put up with the crap either because there's something else really good about the person you're taking it from or you're just scared you won't find anyone else. Which if she believes she's fat like he says she probably will think. She'll think "If I'm fat, who else will love me?".

The above is a lesson on the erratic and utterly wrong mind of a woman. Half of what we think in the context of our bodies and relationships is utterly wrong and nobody is going to change what we think because no matter how nice someone else says you look you'll always believe the negative comments more.

Yeah. Your last paragraph is why i hate women beyond their intended use.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

13th Nov 2008 at 12:38 am

Outside-left

Tbh, i'd consider shooting myself if i found myself with someone who dared to say that infront of me.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

13th Nov 2008 at 9:15 am

Chris Kamara -

I am ill. Again. A*se.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: