Things that ruffle your feathers.

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Dr. Harold Shipman

| 10,547 posts

7th Nov 2008 at 11:46 pm

Dr. Harold Shipman - Old people CLEARLY need more painkillers.

Old people CLEARLY need more painkillers.

I was going to have a nap; but I decided to play on RE4 instead.

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

7th Nov 2008 at 11:56 pm

learrggh -

Quote: thelostdude
I used to excel. Studied two years ahead throughout primary school, but that's irrelevant now.

Though I got a B at A-Level, I'm increasingly eluded now. It's the most populous lecture, hence most impersonal, hence I can get left behind if I don't get something. And that's most things now. Then I scribble everything out and write "Can't.", "No." or "Too stupid for University."

It doesn't help that the course runs with the heavy prerequisite of studying another particular (easier) course alongside, and us eight Music Tech students are not doing so, though we'll do that next year. Just us.

Anyway, decided I need to e-mail the head of the course because I'm getting nothing from the lectures at all and the tutorials seem no more useful. Though I did run away from the last one in anxiety-shyness-panic. I need the textbook that I never knew how to get, a quick talk about the parts that are getting me down (because I think I half-recognise them, they're just in a new form), and to be able to talk to the other guys so I'm not left behind. Hopefully this e-mail will bring the former two. It just takes a lot of guts...

don't be afraid to take advantage of any learning support facilities there. they aren't just for stupid/disabled people. most of my chemistry a level class went for sessions last year because they found them really helpful and half of them were absolute brainboxes.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

8th Nov 2008 at 12:00 am

Animal -

Quote: Enigmatic_Shrew
Quote: girlpants
OH f*cks sake!

So, for a few days this week, I've been doing my 'other' support job - ie fixing my family members PC's... Which has meant two nights this past week, I've only gone to bed at 3 am, since my time in Warrington is limited at best...

The second of those two nights was yesterday... Got in from work, feeling completely f*cked, but figured I could hang on till about 11/12 tonight and then get a full nights sleep.

About 7ish, I fall asleep on the sofa in the most neck murderingly position you can imagine. Wake up with a raging headache about 8:30, so take a few pills and make the fatal mistake of lying down. I did however have the forsight to set an alarm for 10... Making sure I got enough sleep to help take the edge off the headache but not to rest up enough to make sleep hard tonight.

I slept through the alarm.

I'm not getting anymore sleep till stupid o'clock this morning now. !

If your post is complaining that you took a nap early in the evening and now you are unable to sleep then I did exactly the same thing.

No, I'm complaining that I need a full, good nights sleep tonight to try to restore my internal clock to a normal time system... Something which wont happen now.
http://www.dasburros.com

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

Animal

| 32,547 posts

8th Nov 2008 at 12:04 am

Animal -

Quote: thelostdude
I used to excel.

Same here, was stuck in a national contest thingie in high school, got second place in my school, (first place kid was a nerd the year below me.. No one in the year above came close.)

Generally did pretty well, now due to a lack of practice and being a lazy git, I need a calculator for pretty much everything.

Its a worry, considering I am doing what could turn out to be a maths intensive course from feb onwards.

As Leeeargh said, give the support facilities a look in. They tend to be pretty handy, going of what a few people i know have said over the years.

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

Colin

| 10,038 posts

8th Nov 2008 at 12:08 am

Colin -

Yes, I should do that, I'm just always shy to admit I need help or burden anyone (yeah, they get paid to help) with something I should deal with. FOR I ARE MAN. RAH RAH.
http://www.myspace.com/papertruth
[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/resources/uploads/gerrard.jpg]

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

8th Nov 2008 at 3:20 pm

Πανδώρα -

feeling well enough to go out, then brushing my teeth which made me throw up
then i blew my nose & there was chunks of my pasty in the snot
then i threw up again upon seeing it

and, well
*burp*

Animal

| 32,547 posts

8th Nov 2008 at 4:44 pm

Animal -

Overslept... I know my sleep pattern is now f*cked, but 4PM?

Cycling Antics

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

8th Nov 2008 at 4:49 pm

learrggh -

chris decided this week he actually wanted to start going out and doing things. so he asks me to plan a trip for thorpe park on saturday, because his weed-addled brain 'doesn't understand any of it'.

so i did, and emailed him the details thursday morning, and he didn't even bother reply.

hello apathy. so obviously saturday comes, and no thorpe park, no apology for wasting my time, no nothing.

if he tries to get me to come round and sit in his cave and do nothing tonight i am going to tell him i have to stay in wash my hair. <_<

and he had the cheek to try and pin the reason we hadn't seen each other in a month on me 'always leaving the arranging up to him'.

utter b*ll*cks, and he knew it. this is getting very very boring.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

8th Nov 2008 at 5:36 pm

Animal -

Quote: ApologeticSquirrel
chris decided this week he actually wanted to start going out and doing things. so he asks me to plan a trip for thorpe park on saturday, because his weed-addled brain 'doesn't understand any of it'.

so i did, and emailed him the details thursday morning, and he didn't even bother reply.

hello apathy. so obviously saturday comes, and no thorpe park, no apology for wasting my time, no nothing.

if he tries to get me to come round and sit in his cave and do nothing tonight i am going to tell him i have to stay in wash my hair. <_<

and he had the cheek to try and pin the reason we hadn't seen each other in a month on me 'always leaving the arranging up to him'.

Kick him in the c*nt.

What is it with girls on VR and putting up with w*nkers?

Cycling Antics

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

8th Nov 2008 at 5:40 pm

Dissimulation -

Kick him in the c*nt.

What is it with girls on VR and putting up with w*nkers?

Coincidently, I'm getting quite fed up of my hand being burnt everytime I stick it in the fire.

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

8th Nov 2008 at 6:13 pm

learrggh -

Ernest Jones haven't sodding called, either. They said they call everyone who was interviewed whether they got the job or not.

Why do people never do what they say they will?

Also:

I'm surrounded by stupid people. I know I'm only at college to get my qualifications and leave Worthing, but the lack of intelligent conversation in day to day life is really doing my head in.

I don't think it's helped that this year I refused to dumb myself down to 'fit in'. Doing that made me really unhappy last year, and I think I'm holding up well considering that socially I'm going to end up an outcast by the end of the term.

Unless I start pretending I worship Busted, feign inability to do basic sums, claim I left school with one/no GCSEs and never pick up a book or newspaper again.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

8th Nov 2008 at 9:27 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Phone them and ask. Keep pestering so they know you're interested. Otherwise job places never contact you.

F*cking me off: no sleep again last night for the second night in a row, but I'm in Bradford and had to get up at half 6 to go to Dunham Massey, outside Altrincham, outside Manchester.

So I get there (train, train, train, tram, taxi) and then find out that the National Trust people haven't a clue what to do with me, so they phone everyone up and the boss hasn't heard of it and is really patronising and rude, making out like its my fault and that I have gotten the wrong place. I showed her the email, and she said, "Ahh look, it says the Lowry" really patronisingly. So I , equally patronisingly, pointed out that the email said that was for the focus group for which I was supposed to be collecting people today.

Anyhow, that lady was a c*nt, and after sort of telling me off for this thing being badly organised (NOT MY FAULT!), and for not knowing exactly where to go (DITTO), and for her not knowing about it (DOUBLE DITTO) and her tone of voice and implications say she doesn't want me there. So she says I could walk about the park and collect people's names/ numbers (which I'm not f*cking doing because a) poor circulation and it's autumn, b) I am dressed for the inside because I was of the understanding that that was where I was supposed to be...

...anyhow, I end up being told by my boss to go home (they're paying me for it, but what a f*cking wasted day). However, I have no taxi number and it's the middle of nowhere. So I walk back. Luckily I have a good sense of direction and actually managed to find my way back without taking a wrong turning (even passing a vegetarian charity!)...and then I eventually got back home, but I was and still am so p*ssed off. I'm fed up of being treated like an idiot and with myself for acting like a f*cking doormat. That f*cking condescending bint made me cry, though thankfully not in front of her, but she was such a c*nt I wanted to slap her.

Oh yeah...chain locks are so easy to break into. I to the flat at half 9 in the morning, and Darren was still asleep. I unlocked the door and the chain held it back, so I slipped my arm through and opened it. What the hell is the point of it if it's so easy to get in?!
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

8th Nov 2008 at 9:28 pm

Πανδώρα -

urgh sick. picture of me & tw*tface just fell out of my sketch book
*burp*

Animal

| 32,547 posts

8th Nov 2008 at 10:05 pm

Animal -

Quote: Lemony_Zester
Oh yeah...chain locks are so easy to break into. I to the flat at half 9 in the morning, and Darren was still asleep. I unlocked the door and the chain held it back, so I slipped my arm through and opened it. What the hell is the point of it if it's so easy to get in?!

Ach, sorry about that. I was on auto pilot last night I was that knackered.

THe chainlock here is a joke though. The only reason I still use it is out of habit...

The bolt it fastens into needs rotating by 90 degrees for it to be any effect.

Cycling Antics

Animal

| 32,547 posts

8th Nov 2008 at 10:12 pm

Animal -

F*cking me off?

My sh*tty bank.

I put a ton fifty in a cash point on Thursday, knowing it should take no more than 24 hours for the money to be made available for me to spend access.

Its now Saturday evening and the cash is still listed as pending.

Fair play to LLoyds, they haven't completely left me up sh*t creek - they do allow for any money that is due to come out of the account to be taken when funds are pending. So a couple of bills have gone out OK, reducing the amount of funds I will have when ever the money finally clears. I am however left with just the cash I happen to have on me, rather than being able to use my card to pay for things.

Cycling Antics

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

9th Nov 2008 at 1:10 am

Pope of Chilli Town -

f*cking me off?

My sh*tty bank.

I put a ton fifty in a cash point on Thursday, knowing it should take no more than 24 hours for the money to be made available for me to spend access.

*makes family fortunes WRONG noise*

They can treat that cash like a banked cheque fella, well TSB can, I've been shat about by that before.

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

9th Nov 2008 at 1:12 am

Pope of Chilli Town -

Leah will you stop moaning about this c*nt and bin him off? If he's a bad weed head he's less than f*cking useless anyways, and one step away from being a smack fiend.

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

9th Nov 2008 at 1:14 am

Pope of Chilli Town -

Phone them and ask. Keep pestering so they know you're interested. Otherwise job places never contact you.

f*cking me off: no sleep again last night for the second night in a row, but I'm in Bradford and had to get up at half 6 to go to Dunham Massey, outside Altrincham, outside Manchester.

So I get there (train, train, train, tram, taxi) and then find out that the National Trust people haven't a clue what to do with me, so they phone everyone up and the boss hasn't heard of it and is really patronising and rude, making out like its my fault and that I have gotten the wrong place. I showed her the email, and she said, "Ahh look, it says the Lowry" really patronisingly. So I , equally patronisingly, pointed out that the email said that was for the focus group for which I was supposed to be collecting people today.

Anyhow, that lady was a c*nt, and after sort of telling me off for this thing being badly organised (NOT MY FAULT!), and for not knowing exactly where to go (DITTO), and for her not knowing about it (DOUBLE DITTO) and her tone of voice and implications say she doesn't want me there. So she says I could walk about the park and collect people's names/ numbers (which I'm not f*cking doing because a) poor circulation and it's autumn, b) I am dressed for the inside because I was of the understanding that that was where I was supposed to be...

...anyhow, I end up being told by my boss to go home (they're paying me for it, but what a f*cking wasted day). However, I have no taxi number and it's the middle of nowhere. So I walk back. Luckily I have a good sense of direction and actually managed to find my way back without taking a wrong turning (even passing a vegetarian charity!)...and then I eventually got back home, but I was and still am so p*ssed off. I'm fed up of being treated like an idiot and with myself for acting like a f*cking doormat. That f*cking condescending bint made me cry, though thankfully not in front of her, but she was such a c*nt I wanted to slap her.

Triple post but what the f*ck Alice! Why didnt you ring/text me? I could have given you a taxi number and incidentally, if you walked past the Veggie Society, you more than likely walked past my place!

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

9th Nov 2008 at 1:58 am

learrggh -

Quote: biggaginge
f*cking me off?

My sh*tty bank.

*makes family fortunes WRONG noise*

They can treat that cash like a banked cheque fella, well TSB can, I've been shat about by that before.

Lloyds TSB are really, really sh*t.

Mancomb Seepgood

| 3,455 posts

9th Nov 2008 at 2:07 am

Mancomb Seepgood - Grog me.

Grog me.

http://watchthesimpsonsonline.com/movie/338-1911%20That%2090%27s%20Show.html

Absolutely sh*ts on any f*ckin poignancy, meaning and sentiment built up through 9 years of quaility programming. God, why do I keep watching it? Probably for those one or two moments of undeniable genius in each episode that brings to mind the days when there 22 minutes worth of undeniable genius in each episode. I think I will block each second of this one from my mind though. And the oner where Homer's mother dies.
If I could get an orange that was as low-maintenance as an apple, I'd be a happy man

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

9th Nov 2008 at 3:33 am

Πανδώρα -

motherf*cker. speaks to me because theres no one else about & within 5 minutes he's asking for a blowjob ¬_¬
*burp*

SEE OTHER ACCOUNT

| 1,786 posts

9th Nov 2008 at 4:17 am

Quote: mancombseepgood

Absolutely sh*ts on any f*ckin poignancy, meaning and sentiment built up through 9 years of quaility programming.  God, why do I keep watching it?  Probably for those one or two moments of undeniable genius in each episode that brings to mind the days when there 22 minutes worth of undeniable genius in each episode.  I think I will block each second of this one from my mind though.  And the oner where Homer's mother dies.  

The Simpsons is just painful to watch now. As you say, there is normally one moment in a new episode that will make me laugh out loud, but the other nineteen and a half minutes are spent uncomfortable and fidgety.

Saying that, I don't know if That 90s Show was that bad. It wasn't "Homer and Bart get a racehorse and follow it down to secret Jockey-elf land". I quite liked a few bits of it, and Homer's grunge band led me to downloading Glycerine by Bush which can't help but be a good thing.

You can actually pinpoint the moment the Simpsons jumped the shark. It was five minutes into the one where Skinner turns out to be an imposter. And if they wanted to continue after that, then they should have stopped after Phil Hartman was murdered. Then all the decent switched to Futurama.

Which, oddly, suffered the same malaise that affected certain series nine episodes (still good, but clearly tired of trying so hard) of the Simpsons, after it was cancelled and revived for those three films.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

9th Nov 2008 at 1:23 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

f*cking me off: no sleep again last night for the second night in a row, but I'm in Bradford and had to get up at half 6 to go to Dunham Massey, outside Altrincham, outside Manchester.

Triple post but what the f*ck Alice! Why didnt you ring/text me? I could have given you a taxi number and incidentally, if you walked past the Veggie Society, you more than likely walked past my place!

I thought you'd have been at the match and I had no idea of what time it was starting

Anyhow, it wasn't raining. If I'd gotten completely lost, I would have. Well, you live in a nice area at least.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

9th Nov 2008 at 2:00 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

I thought you'd have been at the match and I had no idea of what time it was starting

Anyhow, it wasn't raining. If I'd gotten completely lost, I would have. Well, you live in a nice area at least.

Match pffffft, I'm contactable 23 hours a day and yeah its alright, bit boring but I can boast Big Norman Whiteside as a neighbour

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

9th Nov 2008 at 3:23 pm

Πανδώρα -

the new version of flash player.

doing my f*cking tits in. every 3rd video i watch on youtube now stops firefox from working, or it just vanishes from the screen
*burp*

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

9th Nov 2008 at 4:29 pm

Πανδώρα -

i'm also being bitched at about the price of muesli

the pigs are on the cheapest food you could find. is it my fault if the price of that's gone up?
it's still £9 less than gerty guinea pig ¬_¬
*burp*

Tobias Fünke

| 4,730 posts

9th Nov 2008 at 5:32 pm

Tobias Fünke  - I blue myself.

I blue myself.

Norman Whiteside does likes a drink, Phil. Just never invite him round, he'll nab the lot. Or so a bloke I know says.
Analrapist.

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

9th Nov 2008 at 7:31 pm

Quote: JoeyRamone

You can actually pinpoint the moment the Simpsons jumped the shark. It was five minutes into the one where Skinner turns out to be an imposter. And if they wanted to continue after that, then they should have stopped after Phil Hartman was murdered. Then all the decent switched to Futurama.

It's worth noting that even Matt Groening has disowned that episode. It still had some excellent moments in that series and the next couple, I'd put the "jumped the shark" moment at The Great Money Caper and the infamous 'surfs up' ending.
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

9th Nov 2008 at 7:35 pm

Carpet Remnant -

I don't rate futurama very highly, I don't understand why everyone loves it. It's ok but classic era Simpsons sh*ts all over it.
I watched the South Park film the other day for the first time in a while, it's f*cking spectacular, I forgot how good it is.

Colin

| 10,038 posts

9th Nov 2008 at 8:21 pm

Colin -

Ugh, don't get me started on bad Simpsons episodes.
(though if you did, this would be mentioned )

Episodes from this decade are so self-aware of how badly they're treating their (once boundless) fanbase.

Typical episode:
Act 1: Meandering plot.
Act 2: They find a country to go to, and bathe in its clichés.
Act 3: Looped footage of Homer defecating and throwing the produce at the screen.

Series 1 gets away with its awkward childishness, but the show has no excuse to carry on existing. It's embarrassing to everyone.

Futurama is very sharp, but should be finished and wrapped before a real stink gets into it.

South Park is wavering.

Mancomb Seepgood

| 3,455 posts

9th Nov 2008 at 11:21 pm

Mancomb Seepgood - Grog me.

Grog me.

Quote: JoeyRamone
Quote: mancombseepgood

Absolutely sh*ts on any f*ckin poignancy, meaning and sentiment built up through 9 years of quaility programming.  God, why do I keep watching it?  Probably for those one or two moments of undeniable genius in each episode that brings to mind the days when there 22 minutes worth of undeniable genius in each episode.  I think I will block each second of this one from my mind though.  And the oner where Homer's mother dies.  

Saying that, I don't know if That 90s Show was that bad. It wasn't "Homer and Bart get a racehorse and follow it down to secret Jockey-elf land". I quite liked a few bits of it, and Homer's grunge band led me to downloading Glycerine by Bush which can't help but be a good thing.

It's appaling though, completely disregarding any previous flashback episode and making Homer and Marge's relationship a complete sham that can be changed by a writer's inept whim, rather than being set in stone like any good TV show should understand.

Edited by Mancomb Seepgood Nov 2008
If I could get an orange that was as low-maintenance as an apple, I'd be a happy man

Claire

| 15,814 posts

9th Nov 2008 at 11:42 pm

Claire - Darren is most certainly not my god!

Darren is most certainly not my god!

Headache is back with avengance and has been for like 2 weeks now. Now accompanied by some lovely earache. I THINK I have figured out what it is which seems nicer than brain cancer, but I know if I go to the doctor he will not do anything due to him blaming everything on my arthritis. I am so sick of feeling sh*t all the time, yesterday I was close to vomitage all f*cking day and I've no idea why, plus headache, plus my f*cking shoulder deciding now is a good time after 10 years of wonderous arthritic joy to become as painful as possible. I am falling apart aged 22. This is coupled with the fact that I was in bed til like 2pm today and am already knackered. Infact, I was tired 10 minutes after stepping out of bed. Damnf*cking sick of my body.
Coloured Lilac And Insults Rarely E(Anymore)

Quote: Claire, Jun 2005
Basically, I'm just mangling and regurgitating what everyone's already said.

I’m really glad that the quote in my signature is a teenager.
Joint best Mod 2009. Officials.

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

9th Nov 2008 at 11:54 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Have you tried migralive? It'll help the nausea and headache symptoms at least.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Claire

| 15,814 posts

10th Nov 2008 at 12:15 am

I don't think the nausea is related to the headache, and I'm reluctant to call it a headache, because it's an ache in my head, but on the top to the front and it moves around which makes me think it's muscular and I'm not sure if migralieve will help with that, paracetamol barely touches it and I can't keep caining the ibuprofen because I also have IBS and it makes my stomach scream (I think that and eating less than fresh creme fraiche are to blame for the nausea and stomach ache). Occipital neuralgia pretty much describes how I feel and it can be caused by using computers too much because it messes up your neck muscles so I'm pinning my bets on it being that but if my GP is as barely competant as I think he is I doubt he'll pick up on it, last time he suggested I stop taking the pill which wouldn't help for muscle related pain at all. I'm basically just a walking sh*theap and the f*cking doctor better sort me out pronto or I'm going to see what my new local surgery has to offer in terms of GPs who don't fob me off because they have a thousand other patients waiting.

I realise you didn't ask any of this but I am ranting because I feel f*cking terrible and nobody seems to be able to help me.

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

10th Nov 2008 at 12:46 am

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

It does contain strong painkillers and anti-emetics which might be worth a try though.

How's your sinuses? I get incredible headaches whenever I have a cold, and they're right at the front of my head, but can spread to down my nose and into my teeth.

Do you still sit on your bed to use the computer? Maybe if you use a desk and chair you won't put as much stress on your neck muscles, if you think that's it?

My mum uses some weird Chinese smelly oil to rub into her arthritic shoulder and it eases the pain for a few hours. I don't have a clue what it is, but it smells of wintergreen/ rootbeer/ germoline and it makes her able to move the thing, so it might be useful for some pain relief if you can't handle ibruprofen.

My rant? This f*cking computer crashing due to MSN.

Also: 3 nights without sleep meaning I completely crashed out last night and slept really well, but that means I am not tired now and I have to catch the early train to get over the pennines again (and have a shower there because my brother has managed to put talcum powder all over the bath and hasn't cleaned it yet and I can't be arsed to because it's his turn.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Claire

| 15,814 posts

10th Nov 2008 at 1:03 am

I'm going to see what the doctor says tomorrow but I'll probably be buying something like that if he fobs me off again. I will take it whilst I am in the mental institution after I've gone loco on his a*se for not helping me. I don't sit on my bed to compute anymore since we moved, I sit on the sofa mostly which I don't think is doing me much good...I may have to buy a comfy computer chair if it turns out it's all muscular. I have physio Tuesday which might help too and possibly new medication on the horizon when I see the consultant in December. But it's just such a gradual process and I'm missing so much Uni that I'm getting really f*cking frustrated.

Upside which should probably go in 'Cheers me up' is that Andy's really looking after me

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

10th Nov 2008 at 8:40 am

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Quote: pablomarmite

I'd put the "jumped the shark" moment at The Great Money Caper and the infamous 'surfs up' ending.

Oh that seriously annoyed me

Worst. Excuse for an ending. Ever
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Velvet Soldier

| 206 posts

10th Nov 2008 at 8:51 am

The Turtle Moves

The Tw*t of a guy who just almost drove into my car on the bypass!! Put your mobile phone down, you tw*t! You are pulling onto a bypass, so try looking in your mirrors, I've moved into the outside lane to let you pull on, and then you just start to swerve into the lane I am in, no indicator, nothing! About two inches in front of my car!!
Why call it civil service when the service is anything but civil?

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

10th Nov 2008 at 10:15 am

Carpet Remnant -

Last night they made me turn off the full monty and put the longest yard on. THESE PEOPLE HAVE NO TASTE.

They then had the cheek to tell me I didn't know what a good movie was

I f*cking hate Adam F*cking Sandler.

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

10th Nov 2008 at 10:33 am

Pope of Chilli Town -

Last night they made me turn off the full monty and put the longest yard on. THESE PEOPLE HAVE NO TASTE.

They then had the cheek to tell me I didn't know what a good movie was

I f*cking hate Adam F*cking Sandler.

Either way they're both sh*t films.

Roxannie

| 12,431 posts

10th Nov 2008 at 10:41 am

Roxannie -

Quote: Velvet_Soldier
The Tw*t of a guy who just almost drove into my car on the bypass!! Put your mobile phone down, you tw*t! You are pulling onto a bypass, so try looking in your mirrors, I've moved into the outside lane to let you pull on, and then you just start to swerve into the lane I am in, no indicator, nothing! About two inches in front of my car!!

that reminds me, a few days ago I saw a guy driving up my road, holding his phone up infront of the steering wheel, completely ignoring everything outside of the car

Velvet Soldier

| 206 posts

10th Nov 2008 at 11:39 am

The Turtle Moves

Quote: scarlet

that reminds me, a few days ago I saw a guy driving up my road, holding his phone up infront of the steering wheel, completely ignoring everything outside of the car

It makes me really angry. This guy this morning wouldn't even look at me, he just ignored me totally, and was still on his phone even after nearly causing an accident on a busy bypass.  Is the phone call really that important? No wonder people get road rage!

Animal

| 32,547 posts

10th Nov 2008 at 11:49 am

Animal -

Bad drivers p*ss me off, as a cyclist, pedestrian and soon to be driver myself they are possibly my biggest hate right now.

People who drive with no due care or attention, who don't do something as simple as indicate when turning, who drive irresponsibly, who cross over stop lines and go into cycle stop zones at junctions or pedestrian crossings.. Nothing p*sses me off more.

Cycling Antics

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

10th Nov 2008 at 12:03 pm

Carpet Remnant -

Also I live with people who change the channel during the adverts.
One of my biggest pet peeves, it genuinely makes my skin crawl and makes me feel uncomfortable.

How f*cking short does your attention span have to be for you to be unable to cope with a f*cking advert break

I'd rather watch adverts than a random 3 minute segment of another show/film.

Velvet Soldier

| 206 posts

10th Nov 2008 at 12:17 pm

The Turtle Moves

Bad drivers p*ss me off, as a cyclist, pedestrian and soon to be driver myself they are possibly my biggest hate right now.

People who drive with no due care or attention, who don't do something as simple as indicate when turning, who drive irresponsibly, who cross over stop lines and go into cycle stop zones at junctions or pedestrian crossings.. Nothing p*sses me off more.

I just loathe idiots like the one this morning. Although my worst experience so far was the really stupid guy who on a single carriageway bypass decided that the layby was there for him to do a U turn. On a bypass. He drove straight into the back end of my car, and only missed totalling the whole side of it because I realised he wasn't stopping and floored it. Ripped all my bumper off, scared the sh*t out of me. Only thing that redeemed him slightly was that he stopped, and paid cash for me to have a new bumper. But still.

Colin

| 10,038 posts

10th Nov 2008 at 12:41 pm

Colin -

Also I live with people who change the channel during the adverts.
One of my biggest pet peeves, it genuinely makes my skin crawl and makes me feel uncomfortable.

How f*cking short does your attention span have to be for you to be unable to cope with a f*cking advert break

I'd rather watch adverts than a random 3 minute segment of another show/film.

I use the break to go away, talk, whatever, but not look at other channels. That's Wrong.

Me, now: About a week ago, I was going to take the bin bag out but thought "No, it's time someone else did this".
It's not happened, and I'm not going to do it as I've some stubborn 'stake-out' mindset now. It's simply been filled beyond the brim, and a separate bag has appeared adjacent to it.

I think I am literally the only person here who's taken anything to be recycled (the queue for which is still ridiculous after me decimating it), and I bet at least one of them has never taken the bin bag out.

I think I'll have to relent tomorrow, meaning nothing's learnt. On Friday, powers that be have a look around to check up. I'll have to get the place pristine for then.

I eventually picked up the clump of Definitely Not My Hair which had spent weeks in the shower. That room is still largely disgusting, because they take no care of it.

Also, I am NOT buying the next toilet roll.

And someone doesn't wash the edges and undersides of his plates. Urrrgh.

AND something exploded in the microwave oven and the perpetrator didn't try scrubbing at all.

When the (kinda crap, but that's not the problem) cleaners were here on Friday, I'm pretty sure I could hear them commenting on the mess. They're damn right.

:-[

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

10th Nov 2008 at 12:44 pm

Πανδώρα -

People who drive with no due care or attention, who don't do something as simple as indicate when turning

no one round my area thinks they should do this, i just stand around now and wait for them to do what the f*ck they're gonna do
especially bad at the cul de sac opposite the end of my street
often walked up there with the dog, sat him at the side of the road when a cars been driving out of there, not indicating at all waited for them to do whatever the hell they're doing and been given some seriously weird looks when they turn the other way to where i'm crossing

as if i like standing around like a tw*t. meh.
*burp*

Claire

| 15,814 posts

10th Nov 2008 at 1:03 pm

Amen at the bad driver thing. A bad driver resulted in me having £500 tied up for most of the year waiting for her insurance company to pay the f*ck up because not only was she a bad driver who thought turning onto the road right infront of me without looking was a perfectly lovely idea, she then proceeded to ignore all communication from people asking her to confirm what she'd done so I could get my f*cking money back. AND she didn't learn, because I've since seen her car parked practically in the middle of the road blocking traffic. People who don't give a sh*t about other drivers shouldn't be allowed to drive...especially people who don't indicate as mentioned because it takes two seconds ffs and people who decide to go in the right hand lane when a road is merging from two lanes to gain a car's length in distance. And people who wait over the junction when trying to pull out because YOU'RE BLOCKING THE ROAD IDIOT, IT'S AGAINST THE F*CKING LAW.

Velvet Soldier

| 206 posts

10th Nov 2008 at 1:11 pm

The Turtle Moves

Also people who see the signs for a lane closure, and still stay in that lane hoping to push in at the end.

And people who jump red lights.

And the tw*t earlier this year who ruined my cars doors by crashing into them in a car park, and driving off, leaving me to discover the damage. When I find them they shall die.

In fact an easier way to put all of this would be - Driving makes me angry.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

10th Nov 2008 at 1:14 pm

Animal -

Only thing that redeemed him slightly was that he stopped, and paid cash for me to have a new bumper. But still.
He paid you cash there and then? Didn't give you insurance details? If so I'd have crucified the f*cker, whether he was willing to pay it or not, unless someone has a damned good f*cking reason for not giving me insurance details after a shunt or any other kind of hit to a car I'm in, then something is very, very wrong and potentially dodgy as f*ck about the whole thing.

Cycling Antics

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: