Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Animal

| 32,547 posts

22nd Aug 2008 at 9:54 am

Animal -

Quote: biggaginge
Quote: the_doc
Oh I see!

And what did they put in them to enrage thee so?

Monkey nuts. Its not what they've put in, its that they couldn't come up with something better. If they can go to the effort of cable tying everything of mine together and then to my desk, stealing my scissors THEN recording a song to the tune of 50 Cents Candy Shop with the lyrics "let me take you to the scissor shop, check all the cable ties you got, you aint getting of this tight spot nooo" then they can do better than putting stuff in me shoes.

OK. Kudos to them for the cable tie gag.

Its put some of my better efforts to shame.
http://www.dasburros.com

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

Captain Stupendo

| 2,235 posts

22nd Aug 2008 at 10:17 am

Captain Stupendo - snarf!

snarf!

Newspapers advertising trainees posts and not having a f*cking phone number listed!!! This job hunt is really starting to p*ss me off
Never take life seriously.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

22nd Aug 2008 at 10:19 am

Animal -

Try online agencies, monster, fish4, reed, et al.

http://www.dasburros.com

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

Debs|OWA

| 6,513 posts

22nd Aug 2008 at 1:28 pm

Debs|OWA - Scree

Scree

knelt on glass in work yesterday and now my knee hurts
Its only a wee scratch as well but it bled for frickin ages!

Puffalump

| 22,943 posts

22nd Aug 2008 at 6:28 pm

Puffalump - Because cake is happiness

Because cake is happiness

this prick hung up on me today just cos i didn't know the answer to his question. oh how much am i looking forward to working by myself for a whole day.
Wife of the lovely Alice

Dr. Harold Shipman

| 10,547 posts

22nd Aug 2008 at 10:10 pm

Dr. Harold Shipman - Old people CLEARLY need more painkillers.

Old people CLEARLY need more painkillers.

My pay should have gone up after three months at work.

It hasn't.

There shall be words tomorrow.

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

22nd Aug 2008 at 10:13 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

Quote: TheUnitedTruth
this pr*ck hung up on me today just cos i didn't know the answer to his question. oh how much am i looking forward to working by myself for a whole day.

Oh man, you should work for a law firm, we get hung up on because we dare to ask if people know their own user name & password.

Claire

| 15,814 posts

22nd Aug 2008 at 10:14 pm

Claire - Darren is most certainly not my god!

Darren is most certainly not my god!

I get hung up on by old people because I dare to ask how they are, sometimes!
Coloured Lilac And Insults Rarely E(Anymore)

Quote: Claire, Jun 2005
Basically, I'm just mangling and regurgitating what everyone's already said.

I’m really glad that the quote in my signature is a teenager.
Joint best Mod 2009. Officials.

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

Claire

| 15,814 posts

23rd Aug 2008 at 12:32 am

Disturbing news.

God no x 1000.

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

23rd Aug 2008 at 8:21 am

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

(An old man swore at me and said horrible things to me; people like that are scum.)
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

23rd Aug 2008 at 8:24 am

Chris Kamara -

Why did he do that?

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

23rd Aug 2008 at 8:29 am

River Phoenix

(Oh, i guess it was because i accidentally bumped into him. There was no need for it, though; i can't help that i have bad eyesight and hardly any co-ordination.)

the doc

| 23,161 posts

23rd Aug 2008 at 8:55 am

the doc -

Silly old tw*t

Don't let it get you down, Straws

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

23rd Aug 2008 at 8:56 am

River Phoenix

(Oh, i'm OK; don't worry. Most old people appreciate how great i am. I should feel sorry for people like him because anyone who doesn't appreciate my greatness has no taste.)

the doc

| 23,161 posts

23rd Aug 2008 at 8:59 am

the doc -

Quote: Smashed_Strawberry
(Oh, i'm OK; don't worry. Most old people appreciate how great i am. I should feel sorry for people like him because anyone who doesn't appreciate my greatness has no taste.)

That's the spirit!

Dr Namgge

| 14,541 posts

23rd Aug 2008 at 12:14 pm

Oh dear Christ.

This guys got serious artisitic talent, yet he won't apply for a job with a local games company because he "doesn't like the games they make". Even though what he wants to do in life is do art for games. Despite being told how it would be relevant experience, he just doesn't do it.

Some people just don't want to be helped do they?
A Random Link
I don't give a f*ck you f*cking f*ck!

Quote:
You should try being me, I injure myself on an hourly basis in stupid and childish ways. I nearly gave myself a heart attack this morning when I stood on a glove.

the doc

| 23,161 posts

23rd Aug 2008 at 5:43 pm

the doc -

Quote: SHADOW_FIGHTER
Seeing Straws all confident and stuff is awesome

I agree wholeheartedly. Tis something I would like to see much more of. Straws is wicked

Snowflake

| 11,898 posts

23rd Aug 2008 at 5:58 pm

Snowflake - Lady Lobschter

Lady Lobschter

That f*cking discrepancy for Durogesic 50s that Sarah and I just can't find
self-confessed spamaholic

about as useful as trying to put the pin back in the grenade

Me and Matt - King and Queen lobster spam team!!

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

23rd Aug 2008 at 7:09 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

On the way to town, witnessed a car accident. Some foreigner overtaking and pulling in too soon, overtaking near dangerous bends for about half a mile. He had to quickly pull in between two other cars while attempting to overtake 4 cars at the same time, one car had to slam on the brakes and another foreigner who was in front of me crashed into her cos he was tailgateing. Luckily I'd left enough distance between us and had plenty of time to stop.

Not a serious accident and no-one was hurt, but I waited round for about 15 minutes before the police came as I was a witness (even though no-one else did, I barely seen anything) After the police took down my details and asked me what happened, he said I could go. Walking back to the car, noticed I'd left my lights on.

I had to get the guard and another lad to give me a push cos my battery was dead. Of all the f*cking things.

I'm not saying all foreigners are bad drivers, but if the drivers seat is on the other side and you cant properly see before you overtake, DON'T. And dont tailgate. If you cant follow the rules of the road, get off it
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

23rd Aug 2008 at 7:11 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

I wondered why you kept mentioning they were foreigners...now I think you mean their driving seats were on the wrong side to usual?
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

23rd Aug 2008 at 7:16 pm

I aim to misbehave

Yeah, the car that was overtaking everyone had the driving seat on the other side. Which just irritates me cos even for a normal car the way he was overtaking was just plain ridiculous

Tobias Fünke

| 4,730 posts

23rd Aug 2008 at 7:19 pm

Tobias Fünke  - I blue myself.

I blue myself.

Quote: Paddy_Irishman
On the way to town, witnessed a car accident. Some foreigner overtaking and pulling in too soon, overtaking near dangerous bends for about half a mile. He had to quickly pull in between two other cars while attempting to overtake 4 cars at the same time, one car had to slam on the brakes and another foreigner who was in front of me crashed into her cos he was tailgateing. Luckily I'd left enough distance between us and had plenty of time to stop.

Not a serious accident and no-one was hurt, but I waited round for about 15 minutes before the police came as I was a witness (even though no-one else did, I barely seen anything) After the police took down my details and asked me what happened, he said I could go. Walking back to the car, noticed I'd left my lights on.

I had to get the guard and another lad to give me a push cos my battery was dead. Of all the f*cking things.

I'm not saying all foreigners are bad drivers, but if the drivers seat is on the other side and you cant properly see before you overtake, DON'T. And dont tailgate. If you cant follow the rules of the road, get off it

There is an insurance scam that works on this premise...don't be too surprised if people do end up "hurt".

I remember living in West Belfast a few years ago and a bus crashed with 15 or so people on board. They had claims from over 40 people claiming to have been on board...

Analrapist.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

23rd Aug 2008 at 7:21 pm

I aim to misbehave

An ambulance arrived a few minutes before the guards. Which I found funny as they werent actually called, they said they were just driving round for a spin.

I love the Irish

wombat

| 8,154 posts

23rd Aug 2008 at 7:38 pm

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

After Biden's speech about Obama, U2's beautiful day started playing.

f*cks sake, the song isn't that good and hugely overplayed.
Southern hemispherical rat boy

Snowflake

| 11,898 posts

23rd Aug 2008 at 7:44 pm

Lady Lobschter

The moment passed weeks ago, mate

Vel

| 23,203 posts

23rd Aug 2008 at 8:52 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

There are thousands of fricking lip balms, why can I not find any specifically for my nose?

I have one, Nosore, but it's running out as I've had it for years, but it is truly excellent. A blend of aloe, menthol, vaseline and green colouring that tones down the redness and so lessens the Rudolph resemblence.

But nowhere seems to sell it any more.

And I'm going to have to find some sellotape to peel off the dried skin
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

23rd Aug 2008 at 9:53 pm

Πανδώρα -

i've been crying for half an hour straight & the f*cking a*se of a b*st*rd f*cking knobhead labrador's bounced the hamster down the stairs
*burp*

Tobias Fünke

| 4,730 posts

23rd Aug 2008 at 10:20 pm

I blue myself.

Quote: The_Educatedwombat
After Biden's speech about Obama, U2's beautiful day started playing.

f*cks sake, the song isn't that good and hugely overplayed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ1G0-ddAiA

Can't believe Obama picked this guy.
Analrapist.

Claire

| 15,814 posts

23rd Aug 2008 at 11:50 pm

EUGHHHH my Dad again. Trying to apologise to me for being a c*ck to my boyfriend and me and everyone in the world basically but apportioning most of the blame for why he was being a c*ck squarely at my feet. It's not my fault you're a knobhead Dad, I have had it with accepting your bullsh*t apologies just to keep the peace, you cannot treat people like that, especially people who have forgiven you a hell of a lot in the past and who do not deserve your f*cking mentalism. Everyone has problems, they don't take it out on everyone else and then make out it was deserved. I am not putting up with it anymore, I'm not being bigheaded but you don't deserve daughters like me and Vicki, and you definitely don't deserve a wife like my Mum. I've given you too long to wake up and realise that, but it's not going to happen, you're just going to keep on treating us like sh*t until you die. As soon as I can get away from you and into my own house, you won't be visiting. You're not f*cking setting foot near me, I can tell you that for certain, and I don't care how miserable you get about it, it will just be for sympathy from people who have stopped caring about you anyway.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 1:14 am

Πανδώρα -

dogs
teeth
uuurrgghhhh
*burp*

Claire

| 15,814 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 1:33 am

Making me more sad than owt is the fact that the Tinsley Towers have about half an hour left to live. They always tell me I'm not far from home if we're coming from t'North or tell me I'm near Meadowhell. I'll be all confused without them, they are a Yorkshire landmark and they've been there all my life and now they won't be I wish I'd gone to see them come down now but I couldn't be arsed to drive and then get stuck in Sheffield with a load of drunken chavs.

[http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44914000/jpg/_44914522_e4759569-ebab-46ba-9680-1a1d4f410e49.jpg]

Snowflake

| 11,898 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 6:43 am

Lady Lobschter

Quote: Lemony_Zester
There are thousands of fricking lip balms, why can I not find any specifically for my nose?

I have one, Nosore, but it's running out as I've had it for years, but it is truly excellent. A blend of aloe, menthol, vaseline and green colouring that tones down the redness and so lessens the Rudolph resemblence.

But nowhere seems to sell it any more.

And I'm going to have to find some sellotape to peel off the dried skin

Happinose was a bit like that, I think that's still about, but very few places stock it. I tend to use Vaseline and look like Rudolph for a few days. Tends to work quite well.

the doc

| 23,161 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 10:24 am

the doc -

Quote: Lilac_Leopard
Making me more sad than owt is the fact that the Tinsley Towers have about half an hour left to live. They always tell me I'm not far from home if we're coming from t'North or tell me I'm near Meadowhell. I'll be all confused without them, they are a Yorkshire landmark and they've been there all my life and now they won't be I wish I'd gone to see them come down now but I couldn't be a*sed to drive and then get stuck in Sheffield with a load of drunken chavs.

[http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44914000/jpg/_44914522_e4759569-ebab-46ba-9680-1a1d4f410e49.jpg]

They're knocking them down?!

I always get dizzy looking at them whenever I drive past

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 10:54 am

Chris Kamara -

They're long gone now.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_yorkshire/7578266.stm

I quite like controlled explosions.

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 10:58 am

Aww that's tragic. I'm in Sheffield at the moment too, coulda gone to see that.
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

the doc

| 23,161 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 11:44 am

the doc -

F*cking cool video though.

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 1:30 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

Ahh for f*cks f*cking cunting dogsh*t cunting sake, this is walking distance from me!

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1063927_cash_machine_pays_out_double?rss=yes

Puffalump

| 22,943 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 2:03 pm

Puffalump - Because cake is happiness

Because cake is happiness

I just spent ages making a CD full of awesome songs for work AND IT WON'T BURN!
Wife of the lovely Alice

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 2:26 pm

Chris Kamara -

Ahh for f*cks f*cking c*nting dogsh*t c*nting sake, this is walking distance from me!

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1063927_cash_machine_pays_out_double?rss=yes

Gutted! Some crackhead said to me at the cashpoint the other week 'That thing is paying out double' but when I tried it it paid out toss all extra so that's why I thought he was a crackhead. Turns out he could well have been right. I only took out a tenner, if I'd taken £30 it might have worked.

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 2:27 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

Quote: farmer_jack
Ahh for f*cks f*cking c*nting dogsh*t c*nting sake, this is walking distance from me!

Gutted! Some crackhead said to me at the cashpoint the other week 'That thing is paying out double' but when I tried it it paid out toss all extra so that's why I thought he was a crackhead. Turns out he could well have been right. I only took out a tenner, if I'd taken £30 it might have worked.

Its proper p*ssed me off, I could have made over a grand from that thing

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 2:29 pm

Chris Kamara -

F*cks sake.

Snowflake

| 11,898 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 2:47 pm

Lady Lobschter

You do realise you have to pay it back, don't you? The bank know your details if you take cash out...

Colin

| 10,038 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 2:49 pm

Colin -

That article said that they don't intend to chase down the lost money.
http://www.myspace.com/papertruth
[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/resources/uploads/gerrard.jpg]

Tobias Fünke

| 4,730 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 2:51 pm

I blue myself.

Quote: farmer_jack

Its proper p*ssed me off, I could have made over a grand from that thing  

Blatant "I have over a grand in my account" post.
Analrapist.

Snowflake

| 11,898 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 2:54 pm

Lady Lobschter

Quote: thelostdude

Couldnt be arsed to read the article. Pretty unusal for banks to not chase after money.

And why the f*ck would anyone keep more than a grand in their current account???

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 2:55 pm

Chris Kamara -

For in case cash machines start paying out double.

Snowflake

| 11,898 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 2:57 pm

Lady Lobschter

Haha... could always have an inside job and get someone to put the £20 notes where the £10 notes should go.

That's always a laugh.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 2:57 pm

Chris Kamara -

Sounds like a plan

You arrange it all, and I'll bring my card.

Snowflake

| 11,898 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 2:59 pm

Lady Lobschter

I want 25%.

And my mum's not a bank manager anymore

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

24th Aug 2008 at 2:59 pm

Πανδώρα -

Quote: Rebel_Fairy
Quote: thelostdude

Couldnt be a*sed to read the article. Pretty unusal for banks to not chase after money.

And why the f*ck would anyone keep more than a grand in their current account???

in the case of my sister, becasue she's an eejit & doesn't know whats good for her.

had £8k in there at one point.
*burp*

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: