Things that get on your tits somewhat.

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

the doc

| 23,161 posts

20th Aug 2008 at 8:43 am

the doc -

Quote:
i'll throw a full can of beans (with the lid on) at your head.

That happened to me once, at Reading in 1998, Nickolarse lobbed one at me...........f*cking hurt as well, it did.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

20th Aug 2008 at 9:33 am

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

(i remembered something that my (sister) told me and it upset me.)
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

John Cage Bubblegum

| 6,555 posts

20th Aug 2008 at 9:40 am

John Cage Bubblegum -

The amount of godawful programmes on TV at the minute. Kevin Bishop, Spooks Code 9, How Not To Live Your Life and the astonishingly poor Tonightly with that tubby Peter Kay wannabe Jason Manford. It's like a big banquet of poo.
Peter Kenyon has a medal

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

20th Aug 2008 at 9:58 am

Elusive Moose - Get your Antlers on

Get your Antlers on

I know it's what happens with all concerts nowadays but god it p*sses me off when people buy the tickets that fans go after just to sell them on ebay at 3 times the price. Fecking grrr.
"You can't roast infants. You just don't get away with it."- a life lesson for us all.

Wife of  Phil the Lawful Hippo. Imagine the children!

The Disneyafied Adventures of Me

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

20th Aug 2008 at 10:37 am

Pope of Chilli Town -

Quote: illusiveshadow
I know it's what happens with all concerts nowadays but god it p*sses me off when people buy the tickets that fans go after just to sell them on ebay at 3 times the price. Fecking grrr.

Capitalism at its finest It also means that loads of clueless idiots think they're being clever and that they end up selling tickets on at a massive lost last minute

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

20th Aug 2008 at 11:08 am

Carpet Remnant -

Yeah well I asked her to go cinema and she said no, so f*ck you all! Apparently it's her mums birthday and she did say 'Maybe another time!' so not the worst outcome.
Oh and it wasn't as a date, just a trip to the cinema without any fixed connotations.

The worst part is I really want to see Hellboy 2

But seriously, thankyou to everyone for their advice, I really appreciate it

Edited by Carpet Remnant Aug 2008

Freshly Squeezed Cynic

| 6,189 posts

20th Aug 2008 at 11:24 am

Freshly Squeezed Cynic - apparently the big pink bastard is me

apparently the big pink bastard is me

Quote: Enigmatic_Shrew
Yeah well I asked her to go cinema and she said no, so f*ck you all! Apparently it's her mums birthday and she did say 'Maybe another time!' so not the worst outcome.
Oh and it wasn't as a date, just a trip to the cinema without any fixed connotations.

Hey, hey, that's not the worst outcome at all! Now all you need to do is pick less awkward days

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

20th Aug 2008 at 11:30 am

Pope of Chilli Town -

I've seen it, its pretty good, its doing the rounds on torrent sites as a DVD rip...

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

20th Aug 2008 at 11:31 am

Pope of Chilli Town -

Oh and good stuff! Now play hard to get

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

20th Aug 2008 at 11:31 am

Carpet Remnant -

Quote: biggaginge

I've seen it, its pretty good, its doing the rounds on torrent sites as a DVD rip...

Yeah, that makes sense, it's been out for a while in teh americas. Did you like the first? How does it compare? Hired Goons?

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

20th Aug 2008 at 11:36 am

Pope of Chilli Town -

Yeah, that makes sense, it's been out for a while in teh americas. Did you like the first? How does it compare? Hired Goons?

I prefer the personal touch you only get with hired goons..

Yeah I did like the first, this is deffo slightly more grown up, and some of the monsters are pretty cool, also it doesnt get dragged down by sentiment.

YEAH BUDDY!

Animal

| 32,547 posts

20th Aug 2008 at 12:08 pm

Animal -

FINALLY.

See, see, eh, eh?

http://www.dasburros.com

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

Animal

| 32,547 posts

20th Aug 2008 at 12:12 pm

Animal -

Hold on, George is a boy. We don't normally do that kind of crap....

Do we?

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

20th Aug 2008 at 12:27 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

Quote: girlpants

Do we?

Well you don't go sniffing like a dog as it just looks desperate.

Freshly Squeezed Cynic

| 6,189 posts

20th Aug 2008 at 12:31 pm

Freshly Squeezed Cynic - apparently the big pink bastard is me

apparently the big pink bastard is me

Plus women seem to find you sniffing their a*se an invasion of their personal space.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

20th Aug 2008 at 1:07 pm

Animal -

Do we?

No, but then I struggle to think of any guys I know who do the whole hard to get, or other assorted games.

Cycling Antics

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

20th Aug 2008 at 2:10 pm

Πανδώρα -

being exppected to be a mother f*cking pack horse

f*cking paving slabs
hands are f*cked now, stinging like f*ck & skin stripped
c*nt, you've got free hands why not use them you took mthem out of the car, just take them, or atleast one of the round the back

ugh.
*burp*

wombat

| 8,154 posts

20th Aug 2008 at 4:31 pm

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

Do we?

It works, just play it right.

No, but then I struggle to think of any guys I know who do the whole hard to get, or other assorted games.

Southern hemispherical rat boy

Colin

| 10,038 posts

20th Aug 2008 at 8:37 pm

Colin -

My parents using "well, it depends what's important to you" as a guilt trip. Of course it's f*cking important, but I'm not waiting at home all day for a phonecall that's unlikely to come and not really that urgent, when they've also got my e-mail address and mobile telephone number, instead of enjoying a day together with Tabby.

8 more marks would've saved me from this.
http://www.myspace.com/papertruth
[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/resources/uploads/gerrard.jpg]

Vel

| 23,203 posts

20th Aug 2008 at 8:39 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

STOP BEATING YOURSELF UP!

It might turn out for the best that you didn't get into Edinburgh- have you tried asking them what you'd need to get in for next year, be it more experience actually in the field or something, and then volunteering at your old school's music department?

That sort of thing was the only reason my mate got into Cambridge
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Vel

| 23,203 posts

20th Aug 2008 at 10:03 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Left wrist RSI. Should get off the computer.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

wombat

| 8,154 posts

20th Aug 2008 at 10:14 pm

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

It'll be alright Colin.
Southern hemispherical rat boy

Vel

| 23,203 posts

20th Aug 2008 at 10:17 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

If he really doesn't want to go to Huddersfield then it makes sense to scrap it and take this year as a gap year. Although it's only 4 hours to Edinburgh on the train with Virgin XC through Manchester, maybe a bit longer via Leeds as I think that has more stops.

To be honest, Huddersfield isn't a great environment. It's ok, but it's not somewhere where I could see myself living, personally.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Vel

| 23,203 posts

20th Aug 2008 at 10:23 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Have you ever been? It's quite grim. OK for a day trip I guess
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Vel

| 23,203 posts

21st Aug 2008 at 2:52 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

It's not *rough*, it's just not a fantastic place. Possibly a bit more upmarket than Bradford, but only marginally. Definitely less studenty than Leeds, but that's probably what Colin would want (I think). He doesn't strike me as the night life type.

However, they say you can't lose anything by giving something a chance, and even if it does turn out horrid, he can drop out like I did, and find something else elsewhere
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Vel

| 23,203 posts

21st Aug 2008 at 3:07 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Darren invited me to "Cockworld". I cannot go, as I am at home doing stuff there. But what is annoying is that "Cockworld" is Jilly's, aka a music hole with alcohol, and not a museum of cocks or chickens.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Puffalump

| 22,943 posts

21st Aug 2008 at 3:44 pm

Puffalump - Because cake is happiness

Because cake is happiness

"you look well bored" what do you f*cking expect they were covering McFly, did you expect me to be bouncing with joy! ungrateful b*tch.
Wife of the lovely Alice

Vel

| 23,203 posts

21st Aug 2008 at 4:29 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

I am hungry after traipsing up and down Bradford looking for, and eventually with big tins of paint.

Only we have to eat as a family, and we have to eat at 7pm.
I LIKE TO EAT AT 6pm!

Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

klinsmann18

| 10,181 posts

21st Aug 2008 at 6:08 pm

klinsmann18 - Matt.

Matt.

Spending 25 minutes manually searching (by which i mean not typing anything in) for the Faroe Islands international football stadium on Google Earth, and then finding it, only to discover that it was cloudy the day the pictures were taken, and you can hardly see it.
When you get here, the Welcome To This Town sign, it scares little kids with it's skulls and it's gore
When you leave here, the Get The Hell Out sign is well kept and pretty with floral decor

Me and Jez - King and Queen lobster spam team!!

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

21st Aug 2008 at 7:02 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

Quote: Lemony_Zester
I am hungry after traipsing up and down Bradford looking for, and eventually with big tins of paint.

Only we have to eat as a family, and we have to eat at 7pm.
I LIKE TO EAT AT 6pm!

I just like to eat

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

21st Aug 2008 at 7:29 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

why the frig is youtube videos loading so damn slowly for me lately? Its not like i'm currently downloading purchasing legally anything!
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

21st Aug 2008 at 7:31 pm

I aim to misbehave

also, the blonde girl with the sunglasses on those dfs ads with Rockstar by Nickelback playing. Does she think this is her big break or something? Such annoying overacting that just really irritates me even though normally I wouldnt care.

Claire

| 15,814 posts

21st Aug 2008 at 7:43 pm

Claire - Darren is most certainly not my god!

Darren is most certainly not my god!

Are those people actors? If I was going to make an advert trying to sell sofas I would at least pick people that are sexual, I assumed they were real customers, that woman with the bright ginger hair looks like an unfortunate version of the following

[http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9c/Bearded_Collie_600.jpg]
Coloured Lilac And Insults Rarely E(Anymore)

Quote: Claire, Jun 2005
Basically, I'm just mangling and regurgitating what everyone's already said.

I’m really glad that the quote in my signature is a teenager.
Joint best Mod 2009. Officials.

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

21st Aug 2008 at 7:54 pm

I aim to misbehave

dunno if they're actors or not, but the blonde girl i'm talking about seems to think she is. I almost expect her to start jumping on the couch and shouting "NOW I'M AS FAMOUS AS TOM CRUISE!"

I dont know why I hate her so much. Its not right

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

21st Aug 2008 at 8:34 pm

I think I'm having a mental breakdown. I've not been able to leave Dad's house all week. It's just one thing after anohter going wrong.
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

Animal

| 32,547 posts

21st Aug 2008 at 11:52 pm

Animal -

I've finally found out why the jam night was killed off.

Basically, their is a guy in Leigh who tends to run all the local jam nights and just so happened to be good mates with the landlord of the pub we were using.

So, apparently for the past month, while we've slaved and built up a steady, regular crowd, Scouse c*nt Steve, the landlord and Waz, the jam night mogul have been in secret discussions to make arrangements for Waz to take the night over and basically take our f*cking regulars.

What a pair of pricks, I'm going to f*cking burn them!

Cycling Antics

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

22nd Aug 2008 at 7:47 am

Pope of Chilli Town -

Work: People have complained because my team are having a laugh trying to escape the crushing drudgery of their job, they're p*ssing me off an all to be honest, but thats only because their "practical" jokes have involved putting stuff in my shoes.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

22nd Aug 2008 at 8:30 am

Animal -

Practical jokes and IT jobs go hand in hand.

Christ, we're often cooking up schemes in the office to pass the time.

I think the last major thing to happen, prior to my ordering An... James a mankini, was me removing a fan from a colleagues machine, replacing it with a shoe, setting his desktop background to be the same shoe, setting his home pages to be clarks website, plus a few other things.. Was rather amusing at the time, particularly because it took him 4 days to realise, despite the numerous dropped hints.

Cycling Antics

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

22nd Aug 2008 at 8:35 am

Pope of Chilli Town -

I appreciate a good solid practical joke as much as the next man, but that requires so little thought and effort, its demeaning.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

22nd Aug 2008 at 8:39 am

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

(People making me feel even worse about how i look, but i know what i have to do about it.)
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Animal

| 32,547 posts

22nd Aug 2008 at 8:43 am

Animal -

I appreciate a good solid practical joke as much as the next man, but that requires so little thought and effort, its demeaning.

Yeah, thats a fair point.

I dunno, I enjoy japes, and hijinks but I guess something as lame as just putting something in a shoe would be annoying.

Cycling Antics

the doc

| 23,161 posts

22nd Aug 2008 at 8:56 am

the doc -

How did they manage to get something in your shoes without you noticing?

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

22nd Aug 2008 at 9:04 am

Pope of Chilli Town -

Quote: the_doc
How did they manage to get something in your shoes without you noticing?

I leave my work shoes in work and wear trainers as I go to the gym after I've finished suckling at the breast of the corporate beast.

the doc

| 23,161 posts

22nd Aug 2008 at 9:05 am

the doc -

Oh I see!

And what did they put in them to enrage thee so?

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

22nd Aug 2008 at 9:10 am

Pope of Chilli Town -

Quote: the_doc
Oh I see!

And what did they put in them to enrage thee so?

Monkey nuts. Its not what they've put in, its that they couldn't come up with something better. If they can go to the effort of cable tying everything of mine together and then to my desk, stealing my scissors THEN recording a song to the tune of 50 Cents Candy Shop with the lyrics "let me take you to the scissor shop, check all the cable ties you got, you aint getting of this tight spot nooo" then they can do better than putting stuff in me shoes.

the doc

| 23,161 posts

22nd Aug 2008 at 9:13 am

the doc -

When I was a youngster we used to put stuff in me mam's wellies when we went to the farm. Chickens feet and dead mice and stuff like that........... :-[

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

22nd Aug 2008 at 9:19 am

Pope of Chilli Town -

If they went to the trouble of getting dead stuff, I'd be impressed

Vel

| 23,203 posts

22nd Aug 2008 at 9:27 am

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

A whole steak in your shoe?
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

22nd Aug 2008 at 9:43 am

Pope of Chilli Town -

Quote: Lemony_Zester
A whole steak in your shoe?

Mmm steak.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

22nd Aug 2008 at 9:49 am

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

I suppose that's how you get beef wellington... :-[
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: