| 15,327 posts

28th May 2008 at 11:55 pm

Πανδώρα -

the dog's eaten a box of 16 frozen fish fingers ¬_¬
*burp*

The Underwhelmed One

| 7,111 posts

29th May 2008 at 4:25 am

well done Sarah, not sleeping at all before a maths exam because you're so bloody frightened and stressed is only a way to freak yourself out more as you're now so tired you can't even do basic maths.

I hate that I get stress insomnia.
I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

Colin

| 10,038 posts

29th May 2008 at 5:06 am

Colin -

The band name "Carissa's Wierd". It hurts my eyes.
http://www.myspace.com/papertruth
[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/resources/uploads/gerrard.jpg]

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

29th May 2008 at 8:17 am

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Quote: Enigmatic_Shrew
I broke my chair

IT IS OK YOU CAN STOP PANICKING AND CRYING, I FIXED IT.

Well done. (i feel like posting a chair smiley, but it's a bit scary.)
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

29th May 2008 at 8:54 am

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

idiots on Stephen Wright

"i'd like to ban xxx, xxx, xxx and xxx"

Yes, because banning everything you disagree with is a great exercise of free will in a civilised society

Turtle

| 3,404 posts

29th May 2008 at 9:14 am

A girl I went to school with who applied for the same courses as me at the same universities and is all involved with youth parliament who eventually chose to do the same degree as me at the same uni only to drop out in the first day but is still doing straight pol has a facebook status of 'blah blah working at the UN IN NEW YORK this summer!'
She's so manipulative and deceitful and lacks genuine diplomatic skills or charisma that isn't forced so I worry. She's not naturally talented and she is like a mini Hitler whenever I look at her so her being involved in int politics in the future scares me. She is not a good person and even though she'll go far, she shouldn't because she is driven by a relentless pursuit to ruin others. Believe me, I know her. This is the girl who made the winner of a class election cry when she didn't get elected to be a class rep. Nevertheless, I'm so jealous of her right now.
I'm seriously taking the internship module in HK now, regardless of how many travel/module points it'll take up.

Edited by Turtle May 2008

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

29th May 2008 at 9:37 am

Outside-left

Quote: Citizen_Twiggy
A girl I went to school with who applied for the same courses as me at the same universities and is all involved with youth parliament who eventually chose to do the same degree as me at the same uni only to drop out in the first day but is still doing straight pol has a facebook status of 'blah blah working at the UN IN NEW YORK this summer!'
She's so manipulative and deceitful and lacks genuine diplomatic skills or charisma that isn't forced so I worry.

All this makes her sound like a seamlessly brilliant policitian/c*nt.

the doc

| 23,161 posts

29th May 2008 at 10:50 am

the doc -

This being Thursday, I'll just have my usual moan about the unmitigated sh*ttiness of jobhunting, if you please. Bah.

John Cage Bubblegum

| 6,555 posts

29th May 2008 at 11:07 am

John Cage Bubblegum -

Quote: the_doc
This being Thursday, I'll just have my usual moan about the unmitigated sh*ttiness of jobhunting, if you please. Bah.

Just about to apply for a job as a data clerk, humiliatingly. I didn't realise I'd hate London so much but I feel like my media career is over before it's really started.
Peter Kenyon has a medal

the doc

| 23,161 posts

29th May 2008 at 11:15 am

the doc -

Quote: samurai_hedgehog
This being Thursday, I'll just have my usual moan about the unmitigated sh*ttiness of jobhunting, if you please.  Bah.

Just about to apply for a job as a data clerk, humiliatingly. I didn't realise I'd hate London so much but I feel like my media career is over before it's really started.

I feel your pain, bro. Worst thing is when you get knocked back for jobs that you don't f*cking want to do anyway. Tis a sh*te state of affairs, to be sure. I've been applying for all sorts of crap recently, and now I've had to sign on I'll have them c*nts after me and it's only gonna get worse

Dr Namgge

| 14,541 posts

29th May 2008 at 11:16 am

Just about to apply for a job as a data clerk, humiliatingly.

You realise those of us still in retail would kill for that sort of job, right?
A Random Link
I don't give a f*ck you f*cking f*ck!

Quote:
You should try being me, I injure myself on an hourly basis in stupid and childish ways. I nearly gave myself a heart attack this morning when I stood on a glove.

John Cage Bubblegum

| 6,555 posts

29th May 2008 at 11:22 am

John Cage Bubblegum -

I feel your pain, bro. Worst thing is when you get knocked back for jobs that you don't f*cking want to do anyway. Tis a sh*te state of affairs, to be sure. I've been applying for all sorts of crap recently, and now I've had to sign on I'll have them c*nts after me and it's only gonna get worse

Applied for some sh*tty job at the DWP the other week and didn't even get that. There were some right scruffy arses there as well.

Quote: Dr_Namgge
Just about to apply for a job as a data clerk, humiliatingly.

You realise those of us still in retail would kill for that sort of job, right?

I actually did have hopes of a mediocre career in the media, though. Don't fancy being stuck in £15k jobs all my life.
Peter Kenyon has a medal

Turtle

| 3,404 posts

29th May 2008 at 11:22 am

Quote: Squirrell_of_Doom
She's so manipulative and deceitful and lacks genuine diplomatic skills or charisma that isn't forced so I worry.

Exactly. She's such a crazy b*tch too so this is all just setting her up to be prime minister.
*shudders* Her About me on facebook says 'Judge me. Go on, I dare you' and she describes herself as 'Mary Poppins-esque Activist, Youth suffrage campaigner and Volatile Young Alpha Female.'
What a c*nt.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

29th May 2008 at 11:46 am

Outside-left

and the media in manchester, music especially, is cliquey as f*ck.

pity me though, a white fella with ambitions of police work.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

29th May 2008 at 11:47 am

Outside-left

Exactly. She's such a crazy b*tch too so this is all just setting her up to be prime minister.
*shudders* Her About me on facebook says 'Judge me. Go on, I dare you' and she describes herself as 'Mary Poppins-esque Activist, Youth suffrage campaigner and Volatile Young Alpha Female.'
What a c*nt.

"Chip-on-shoulder b*tch" sounds more appropriate.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

29th May 2008 at 12:18 pm

Animal -

This being Thursday, I'll just have my usual moan about the unmitigated sh*ttiness of jobhunting, if you please.  Bah.

But yet shockingly easy to break into it.
http://www.dasburros.com

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

29th May 2008 at 1:10 pm

Outside-left

Quote: girlpants

But yet shockingly easy to break into it.

He says sitting in an Apple office.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

29th May 2008 at 1:22 pm

Animal -

Whats your point, squire?

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

29th May 2008 at 1:30 pm

Outside-left

You haven't done so, despite how much it would help your various plans.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

29th May 2008 at 1:35 pm

Animal -

Actually, I have, I then due to a change in situation, left it quite promptly too.

Think back about a year and a half ago. Thanks to the band I was very much fully entrenched in the manchester music scene and in turn, by way of my various job skills, pulled into the manchester media scene (The music side of it, at least.)

All of which I am again no longer part of.

Cycling Antics

Dr. Harold Shipman

| 10,547 posts

29th May 2008 at 1:38 pm

Dr. Harold Shipman - Old people CLEARLY need more painkillers.

Old people CLEARLY need more painkillers.

I've just heard that song by the Ting Tings.

What an utter pile of sh*te.

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

29th May 2008 at 2:28 pm

Carpet Remnant -

F*CK YOU! I F*CKING HATE YOU AND HOPE YOU DIE IN A HOLE VERY SOON YOU F*CKING HORRIBLE B*TCH!

Also Mike Patton is curating that ATP thing that Stu was on about in the festival thread so I'd kill to go but I know I won't

Vel

| 23,203 posts

29th May 2008 at 2:30 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

F*CK YOU! I F*CKING HATE YOU AND HOPE YOU DIE IN A HOLE VERY SOON YOU F*CKING HORRIBLE B*TCH!

Also Mike Patton is curating that ATP thing that Stu was on about in the festival thread so I'd kill to go but I know I won't

Gill? Or someone else?

If it is the former, do you want me to poke her with the knife tomorrow?
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Roxannie

| 12,431 posts

29th May 2008 at 2:31 pm

Roxannie -

split my lip

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

29th May 2008 at 2:42 pm

Dissimulation -

Quote: Haryuu_No_Hanekata
I've just heard that song by the Ting Tings.

What an utter pile of sh*te.

An utter pile of sh*te is the Ting Tings in a nutshell. That girl singing has got a voice like nails down a chalkboard and the lyrical nause of a fanny fart.

John Cage Bubblegum

| 6,555 posts

29th May 2008 at 2:47 pm

John Cage Bubblegum -

Quote: Dissimulation
That girl singing has got a voice like nails down a chalkboard and the lyrical nause of a fanny fart.

Would though
Peter Kenyon has a medal

Animal

| 32,547 posts

29th May 2008 at 3:08 pm

Animal -

I think i may just explode

Holy hell, I would love to be there. I know I'll never end up going though. I do this every year.

Cycling Antics

John Cage Bubblegum

| 6,555 posts

29th May 2008 at 3:39 pm

John Cage Bubblegum -

People who grass at work. What the f*ck has anything I do got to do with you, you self-righteous c*nt? You're not my boss so get to f*ck. F*cking weasel.
Peter Kenyon has a medal

the doc

| 23,161 posts

29th May 2008 at 3:44 pm

the doc -

People who grass at work. What the f*ck has anything I do got to do with you, you self-righteous c*nt? You're not my boss so get to f*ck. f*cking weasel.

Chin him

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

29th May 2008 at 3:48 pm

Outside-left

People who grass at work. What the f*ck has anything I do got to do with you, you self-righteous c*nt? You're not my boss so get to f*ck. f*cking weasel.

Chin him

Aye, knock the c*nt one.

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

29th May 2008 at 4:04 pm

idiots on Stephen Wright

Yes, because banning everything you disagree with is a great exercise of free will in a civilised society  

Do you mean Matthew Wright? Stephen Wright was the Ipswich Ripper.
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

John Cage Bubblegum

| 6,555 posts

29th May 2008 at 4:04 pm

John Cage Bubblegum -

Chin him

Aye, knock the c*nt one.

Unfortunately it's a woman, otherwise I'd be very tempted.
Peter Kenyon has a medal

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

29th May 2008 at 4:05 pm

Outside-left

Chin him

Aye, knock the c*nt one.

Unfortunately it's a woman, otherwise I'd be very tempted.

Walk up to her and tell her what happens in the SATC film.

Quote: pablomarmite
idiots on Stephen Wright

Do you mean Matthew Wright? Stephen Wright was the Ipswich Ripper.

I don't even know! Channel 5 in the mornings.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

29th May 2008 at 5:02 pm

Πανδώρα -

kids at the dooooor

seriously, my boobs hurt, f*ck off
*burp*

Colin

| 10,038 posts

29th May 2008 at 5:28 pm

Colin -

Steven Wright's also the ugly but brilliant deadpan standup, the radio guy with a voice made of fart and more.

My post:
1. Mega-Zine's column-format is too slim for my limerick, so WLW removed line breaks and left it largely as prose. As there wasn't a comma at the end of line 1, the limerick structure was ruined.

2. Karma really turned on me today. I did something brave, got rewarded then had a series of bad things happen. I guess I was nasty in a past life.

Colin

| 10,038 posts

29th May 2008 at 6:11 pm

Colin -

I saw the end of that American make-over show again, which I now know is called Style Her Famous. Again, the woman was quite pretty before, though a bit dorky in mannerisms (which changing her appearance wouldn't help), and it was modelled on a Jessica Alba this time.
Again, she looked pretty awful at the end. What's with them?

Freshly Squeezed Cynic

| 6,189 posts

29th May 2008 at 6:52 pm

Freshly Squeezed Cynic - apparently the big pink bastard is me

apparently the big pink bastard is me

she describes herself as 'Mary Poppins-esque Activist,

She hangs around kids and fake cockneys a lot?

Sounds dodgy to me.

Roxannie

| 12,431 posts

29th May 2008 at 6:58 pm

Roxannie -

Quote: thelostdude
I saw the end of that American make-over show again, which I now know is called Style Her Famous. Again, the woman was quite pretty before, though a bit dorky in mannerisms (which changing her appearance wouldn't help), and it was modelled on a Jessica Alba this time.
Again, she looked pretty awful at the end. What's with them?

It's worth watching just because the presenter is the archetypal gay

Vel

| 23,203 posts

29th May 2008 at 7:06 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

I just can't f*cking CONCENTRATE!
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Roxannie

| 12,431 posts

29th May 2008 at 8:13 pm

Roxannie -

people not answering their home OR mobile phones nng

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

29th May 2008 at 8:17 pm

Πανδώρα -

no dog

lonely and F*CKING BORRED.
*burp*

Colin

| 10,038 posts

30th May 2008 at 12:59 am

Colin -

Robbie Williams' rapping.
Well, it's also Cheerup Extreme at the same time...

Vel

| 23,203 posts

30th May 2008 at 7:04 am

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Not sleeping until well after 3 am.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Colin

| 10,038 posts

30th May 2008 at 7:31 am

Colin -

Quote: Lemony_Zester
Not sleeping until well after 3 am.

That, but an hour later.
At least I didn't just wake at 5am again...

Animal

| 32,547 posts

30th May 2008 at 9:00 am

Animal -

Pages 2

Its a bag of w*nk.

It lets you send objects to the background of the document, but then they become completely unselectable and nothing beyond opening the job in pages 3 can fix this.

Cycling Antics

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

30th May 2008 at 9:15 am

Pope of Chilli Town -

Clubbers i.e. people who just go out to listen to w*nk music and take loads of drugs.

People who dont realise that the copiers we have dont handle card. At. All.

Regional teams trying to poach my staff while they've got guys on holiday to cover them

Exposé on my Mac randomly stops working and only a reboot sorts it

Animal

| 32,547 posts

30th May 2008 at 9:56 am

Animal -

Quote: biggaginge

Same thing happened to me last night. I suspect it may be a screen saver I was f*cking about with, however.

You got the crash logs from it?

Cycling Antics

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

30th May 2008 at 10:29 am

Pope of Chilli Town -

Quote: girlpants
Quote: biggaginge

Same thing happened to me last night. I suspect it may be a screen saver I was f*cking about with, however.

Nope, it doesn't crash per sé (I dont get an error or anything) I'll just go to use it and its stopped working....
You got the crash logs from it?

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: