Things that go f*ck in the night...and day

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Vel

| 23,203 posts

25th May 2008 at 3:34 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Scott's had them too. He's still alive. Again, related to panic disorders. Scared the hell out of me every time I got them as I thought I was having a heart attack. One point I also managed to pull an intercostal muscle too so convinced myself I WAS having a heart attack, went to the doctor in such a dizzy panic that the admitted me as an emergency because it was obviously so distressing me.

It was nothing, but at the time I was convinced I was going to die
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Claire

| 15,814 posts

25th May 2008 at 3:37 pm

Claire - Darren is most certainly not my god!

Darren is most certainly not my god!

I wasn't, til people kept saying "Oooh, you're looking pale...". I haven't had one for a little while but before now I'd had them for 24 hours, which makes me less inclined to relate it to panic, but now I'm chillaxing they've gone so it might be.

Actually saying that I have just had another flutter. Just to prove me wrong, stupid body.
Coloured Lilac And Insults Rarely E(Anymore)

Quote: Claire, Jun 2005
Basically, I'm just mangling and regurgitating what everyone's already said.

I’m really glad that the quote in my signature is a teenager.
Joint best Mod 2009. Officials.

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

25th May 2008 at 3:40 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Maybe if you try and concentrate on something else, it might help? Just try and take your mind off it totally. Distraction can be wonderful.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Claire

| 15,814 posts

25th May 2008 at 3:42 pm

I'm trying. I put the radio on for Donny v. Leeds and then the b*ggers are going and losing and making me worseeee.

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

25th May 2008 at 3:42 pm

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

Kimi Raikkonen.

Not cool mate.

Roxannie

| 12,431 posts

25th May 2008 at 3:47 pm

Roxannie -

the OK button on my camera has stopped working so I can't upload my photos from my last ever day of school

Colin

| 10,038 posts

25th May 2008 at 6:16 pm

Colin -

Orange - I had a text bundle with 70 remaining, and they gave me 600 bonus texts. Spending texts depletes the latter, not those I paid for.
As I'm not going to use them all, it doesn't matter, but it's still a waste.
However, in the near future I'll only have to pay £10 every two months

Oh, and I just missed the end of an eBay auction.
Should've bid earlier but I thought I'd just do one thing first...
...then forgot.
http://www.myspace.com/papertruth
[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/resources/uploads/gerrard.jpg]

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

25th May 2008 at 10:39 pm

Carpet Remnant -

Bad, sh*tty news

Vel

| 23,203 posts

25th May 2008 at 10:53 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

You ok George? Nothing to do with what we were talking about on Saturday, is it?
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

25th May 2008 at 10:58 pm

Elusive Moose - Get your Antlers on

Get your Antlers on

Desperate Housewives being cancelled for Big fricking Brother. Not at all impressed.

And George, I hope you're alright
"You can't roast infants. You just don't get away with it."- a life lesson for us all.

Wife of  Phil the Lawful Hippo. Imagine the children!

The Disneyafied Adventures of Me

Vel

| 23,203 posts

25th May 2008 at 10:58 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

F*ck, I'm glad about that. I forgot it was Sunday.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

25th May 2008 at 11:03 pm

Get your Antlers on

You're glad about it ??

Good episode I feel. Oh and you FINALLY find out what's in part of the note in the clips of what SHOULD be next week's episode but isn't (meh).
"You can't roast infants. You just don't get away with it."- a life lesson for us all.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

25th May 2008 at 11:05 pm

Πανδώρα -

my camera's decided to f*ck up again

jesus christ. putting duracell batteries in it didn't work this time
gonna have to acquire some energizer and if they don't do it, find some other digital imaging device of the same nature
*burp*

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

25th May 2008 at 11:40 pm

Get your Antlers on

Also, they've got new plans for our SU building, some of which seem good and others seem totally ridiculous. So they tell people to 'write in with their suggestions'. All you get in response is an automated e-mail saying that the feedback will be collated into a report for release 'at some point during the 2008/9 academic year' and the suggestion that unless you actually go and badger the president/vice in person you won't get a response. They've had less than 70 e-mails, apparently, the least they could do is reply either explaining the more confusing/ seemingly logistically bad plans aspects of the drawings (eg. having a meeting room for societies right next to the great hall. You can hear the bass from gigs in the bar office- where they plan to put the rooms- even when it's busy outside, the glass washer's going and music/the tv's turned right up... Not exactly great for meeting rooms surely??).

Also, what student union thinks it's a good idea to get rid of the bar? The bars were one of the most appealing things of SUs when I was looking round (yeah I'm sad, but I needed SOMETHING to distinguish places I liked from one another). The Taf rocks, it's the best place to do a shift, it does £1.50 doubles before 10 and cheap bottles/pints most days and is just an ace place in general.

And THEN the union execs have the cheek to say it's pretty much never busy either there or in the club. Um, to my knowledge, before the exam period Saturday nights were generally always sold out and the dancefloor/spare room on Mondays was always pretty packed. Oh and the bar/ bars in the club will have queues about three deep at them with people shouting at you to serve them next left, right and centre, but if you think that's not busy then you can have my next Saturday shift... Enjoy!

The union was SO going to go downhill when people voted in someone who gave out out of date condoms for his campaign (he's called Jonny Cox... 'You're always safe with a Jonny'. Apparently not )

Anyway, yeah, would've been nice to have a personal response seeing as we took an hour or so to compose the letter and try to make it as reasonable as possible......... pffffffft.

Dr Namgge

| 14,541 posts

25th May 2008 at 11:59 pm

I don't have talk a total loadf of rubbish while drunk. I pity Cal, listening to me right now.
A Random Link
I don't give a f*ck you f*cking f*ck!

Quote:
You should try being me, I injure myself on an hourly basis in stupid and childish ways. I nearly gave myself a heart attack this morning when I stood on a glove.

Colin

| 10,038 posts

26th May 2008 at 12:07 am

Colin -

Can't songwrite lately.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

26th May 2008 at 12:12 am

Animal -

Quote: Enigmatic_Shrew
Bad, sh*tty news

Ach. After a fairly good night too, you OK fella?
http://www.dasburros.com

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

26th May 2008 at 12:49 am

Outside-left

James Allen.

You are a shame to grand prix racing and the memory of a great, great man.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

26th May 2008 at 12:55 am

Animal -

Two things.

My Mac Mini keeps becoming none responsive, connecting a keyboard and mouse to it shows that I can't launch or quit apps and that menus f*ck up.

I connect the keyboard and mouse used on my laptop each time and reboot - all OK. However my mouse then f*cks up on my laptop... Seems to keep sticking once in a while.

I hate computers, I really f*cking do.

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

Roxannie

| 12,431 posts

26th May 2008 at 9:38 am

Roxannie -

Quote: illusiveshadow
Desperate Housewives being cancelled for Big fricking Brother. Not at all impressed.

NO THE F*CK NOOOOOOOO

Snowflake

| 11,898 posts

26th May 2008 at 10:03 am

Snowflake - Lady Lobschter

Lady Lobschter

Also, they've got new plans for our SU building, some of which seem good and others seem totally ridiculous. So they tell people to 'write in with their suggestions'. All you get in response is an automated e-mail saying that the feedback will be collated into a report for release 'at some point during the 2008/9 academic year' and the suggestion that unless you actually go and badger the president/vice in person you won't get a response. They've had less than 70 e-mails, apparently, the least they could do is reply either explaining the more confusing/ seemingly logistically bad plans aspects of the drawings (eg. having a meeting room for societies right next to the great hall. You can hear the bass from gigs in the bar office- where they plan to put the rooms- even when it's busy outside, the glass washer's going and music/the tv's turned right up... Not exactly great for meeting rooms surely??).

Also, what student union thinks it's a good idea to get rid of the bar? The bars were one of the most appealing things of SUs when I was looking round (yeah I'm sad, but I needed SOMETHING to distinguish places I liked from one another). The Taf rocks, it's the best place to do a shift, it does £1.50 doubles before 10 and cheap bottles/pints most days and is just an ace place in general.

And THEN the union execs have the cheek to say it's pretty much never busy either there or in the club. Um, to my knowledge, before the exam period Saturday nights were generally always sold out and the dancefloor/spare room on Mondays was always pretty packed. Oh and the bar/ bars in the club will have queues about three deep at them with people shouting at you to serve them next left, right and centre, but if you think that's not busy then you can have my next Saturday shift... Enjoy!

The union was SO going to go downhill when people voted in someone who gave out out of date condoms for his campaign (he's called Jonny Cox... 'You're always safe with a Jonny'. Apparently not )

Anyway, yeah, would've been nice to have a personal response seeing as we took an hour or so to compose the letter and try to make it as reasonable as possible......... pffffffft.

The union can hurry up and give our society a flipping locker n all! I'm fed up of falling over uniforms, resusci annies and other first aid training equipment AND the first aid stuff for the union events, (which we can't do at the moment because the union are being assholes about it all)...in my flat! That and having to lug it to the union when we need it. My car is not big, and the hefty boxes have already taken off the seals on my boot!

Also, what the f*ck is a "social learning and network space?!"

My e mail's already gone. That and we're pestering Sally on a regular basis.

The fact that NONE of these plans is going to affect us is beside the point. If I came to Cardiff Uni in say 10 years time...I'd kinda like there to be the same atmosphere on a night out (even during the day in the Taf and CF10) there as there is now!

On another note...

Wish we'd got rid of those stupid door handles.I've walked into two this weekend and caught my arm on them. Starting to look like i have track lines now!
self-confessed spamaholic

about as useful as trying to put the pin back in the grenade

Me and Matt - King and Queen lobster spam team!!

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

26th May 2008 at 10:20 am

Pope of Chilli Town -

Websites that have f*cking sound

Colin

| 10,038 posts

26th May 2008 at 11:29 am

Colin -

Quote: biggaginge
Websites that have f*cking sound

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

26th May 2008 at 11:51 am

Get your Antlers on

Quote: Rebel_Fairy

The union can hurry up and give our society a flipping locker n all! I'm fed up of falling over uniforms, resusci annies and other first aid training equipment AND the first aid stuff for the union events, (which we can't do at the moment because the union are being assholes about it all)...in my flat! That and having to lug it to the union when we need it. My car is not big, and the hefty boxes have already taken off the seals on my boot!

Also, what the f*ck is a "social learning and network space?!"

My e mail's already gone. That and we're pestering Sally on a regular basis.

The fact that NONE of these plans is going to affect us is beside the point. If I came to Cardiff Uni in say 10 years time...I'd kinda like there to be the same atmosphere on a night out (even during the day in the Taf and CF10) there as there is now!

On another note...

Wish we'd got rid of those stupid door handles.I've walked into two this weekend and caught my arm on them. Starting to look like i have track lines now!

The 'social learning and network' space just takes the p*ss. It's just going to be a glorified CF10 that they can use as a bar at night, I think. But then as our manager pointed out the other day, how the hell do they expect that to work properly? On Wednesdays you have 30 drunken rugby players in there from 8, getting their cocks out and throwing up left, right and centre. No way will they be able to keep it a nice space for eating/drinking/working (because people would obviously work while others were eating/drinking around them...) during the day. Solus smells enough as it is and it's only used 4 times a week!!!

Also, they have a sundeck as big as the Taf joined onto that Junction SLN space... WE LIVE IN WALES! It is almost June and currently it is p*ssing it down! We've had one week of nice weather so far this term! Seriously, someone did not think these plans through.

God I've never properly met Sally (save for the time she set up a stand right opposite the bar in CF10 with free food and didn't come and offer us some ) but she really seems to live up to that 'fairy' campaign she put on...

Loads of my friends have taken the 'it won't affect us' attitude but it's like... well... I've recommended the uni based on the nightlife and the union and if they come here and find our club is tiny and rubbish and we have no bar or comedy club or place for the LMS or whatever I think they'd be a bit like... what was she on about... And yeah, if I came back to Solus I'd want it to be the scrutty school disco I remember! And I want the Taf to be as it is as well... It'd be weird for there to be some random meeting rooms there instead...

Snowflake

| 11,898 posts

26th May 2008 at 12:07 pm

Lady Lobschter

The 'social learning and network' space just takes the p*ss. It's just going to be a glorified CF10 that they can use as a bar at night, I think. But then as our manager pointed out the other day, how the hell do they expect that to work properly? On Wednesdays you have 30 drunken rugby players in there from 8, getting their cocks out and throwing up left, right and centre. No way will they be able to keep it a nice space for eating/drinking/working (because people would obviously work while others were eating/drinking around them...) during the day. Solus smells enough as it is and it's only used 4 times a week!!!

Also, they have a sundeck as big as the Taf joined onto that Junction SLN space... WE LIVE IN WALES! It is almost June and currently it is p*ssing it down! We've had one week of nice weather so far this term! Seriously, someone did not think these plans through.

God I've never properly met Sally (save for the time she set up a stand right opposite the bar in CF10 with free food and didn't come and offer us some ) but she really seems to live up to that 'fairy' campaign she put on...

Loads of my friends have taken the 'it won't affect us' attitude but it's like... well... I've recommended the uni based on the nightlife and the union and if they come here and find our club is tiny and rubbish and we have no bar or comedy club or place for the LMS or whatever I think they'd be a bit like... what was she on about... And yeah, if I came back to Solus I'd want it to be the scrutty school disco I remember! And I want the Taf to be as it is as well... It'd be weird for there to be some random meeting rooms there instead...

I know, as much as the Taf looks like a rough version of Ikea these days I'd still want it to be there! Always good on a Tuesday night after meetings, craxking atmosphere when a match is on too. Can't say I've been to CF10 other than for pharmacy socials. And I know what we do to the place, let alone what it's used for the rest of the time.

I love the idea that they're giving us a sun deck. It's an invitation fo rit to rain constantly until it's used for something else.

The only good thing they're really doing is with the roof, and to be fair, to put a gym up there? You've already had a work out having walked up 4 flights of stairs!!!

Sally Airey isn't so bad actually, she's a bit dippy but if you go on and on she'll get something done.

And, I really think, you compare our Union to others...we've lost just looking at the outside. It's a really confusing building. I get lost and I know my way around!!! It looks grubby, tired. And it's rubbishy NOW. But we have to suffer and some big wig with a huge salary gets to decide what they think we'd want.

Also, I've noticed they keep mentioning these "Student Council" things...but never when and where. It's a conspiracy.

Claire

| 15,814 posts

26th May 2008 at 1:15 pm

Bad, sh*tty news

If it's what I think, and it's something I think you'd know so I'm thinking it is but will probs be wrong, I'm with you

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

26th May 2008 at 1:45 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

y Dad's going through his angry part of grief and is taking it out on me.

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

26th May 2008 at 2:16 pm

Carpet Remnant -

I'm ok thanks people
But one of my friends isn't, or.....might not be

and Claire I imagine it is what you think

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

26th May 2008 at 3:09 pm

Πανδώρα -

against my better judgement, i took the pigs this morning:

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/XDOW/pigsheet.jpg]

bloody annoying too
the 2 boars weren't even sold in the auction, so i was ready to go in there & get them to fetch back, but one of the people that work there claimed them for a quid AFTER she'd said to pass them

they're worth more than a quid...
my other boar was...
we went through so much together, first there was the glue on his penis... then the broken toe... poor lad, hope they take care of him
*burp*

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

26th May 2008 at 4:28 pm

Carpet Remnant -

Faith No More were not one hit wonders, F*CK YOU!

Animal

| 32,547 posts

26th May 2008 at 5:41 pm

Animal -

Which d*ck said this, I want to deck the f*cker.

I love Faith No More and will never hear a bad word about them.

Cycling Antics

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

26th May 2008 at 6:08 pm

Πανδώρα -

ACK. she turned up when i was in the bath >_<
*burp*

Vel

| 23,203 posts

26th May 2008 at 6:17 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Ach Amy, what I thought you meant that it was just cancelled last night for Big Brother (for which I was glad as I forgot to watch it).

However, I now know what you mean and am miffed.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

26th May 2008 at 6:28 pm

Carpet Remnant -

Quote: girlpants

Which d*ck said this, I want to deck the f*cker.

I love Faith No More and will never hear a bad word about them.

According to the ever reliable wikipedia VH1 placed Epic at #67 on their 100 Greatest One-hit Wonders list.

Puffalump

| 22,943 posts

26th May 2008 at 7:13 pm

Puffalump - Because cake is happiness

Because cake is happiness

someone getting stroppy at me for something i didn't even f*cking do. then not apologising when they found out they were WRONG AS USUAL. stupid f*cking d*ckhead. send me messages like that again and i will f*cking punch you in your stupid face
Wife of the lovely Alice

Vel

| 23,203 posts

26th May 2008 at 7:18 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Quote: TheUnitedTruth
someone getting stroppy at me for something i didn't even f*cking do. then not apologising when they found out they were WRONG AS USUAL. stupid f*cking d*ckhead. send me messages like that again and i will f*cking punch you in your stupid face

I'll help, wifey!
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Puffalump

| 22,943 posts

26th May 2008 at 7:20 pm

Puffalump - Because cake is happiness

Because cake is happiness

Quote: Lemony_Zester
Quote: TheUnitedTruth

I'll help, wifey!

Yay unstoppable duo. Oh and my night turned out to be otherwise good
Wife of the lovely Alice

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

26th May 2008 at 7:56 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

Speaking to me Grandma before to check if she's OK and she's blaming herself for my Uncle getting cancer as he was ill when he was little, and she thinks she could have done something different

Snowflake

| 11,898 posts

26th May 2008 at 8:28 pm

Lady Lobschter

Application forms which have "most like me, least like me" things.

Now I can be either be honest...or lie.

You'll prefer the lies.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

26th May 2008 at 9:20 pm

Outside-left

You'll prefer the lies.

i hate them so much but i've (perhaps cynically) realised why they do it. they want to see how much you'll lie, and therefore how much you're willing to bend your moral scope to achieve the company aims.

Dr. Harold Shipman

| 10,547 posts

26th May 2008 at 9:32 pm

Dr. Harold Shipman - Old people CLEARLY need more painkillers.

Old people CLEARLY need more painkillers.

This was yesterday, but what the hey.

Finding out the manager, who is currently on holiday yay, made one of the girls at cry because she needed his help.

He's a f*cking cuntish little prick chewing d*ckface.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

26th May 2008 at 9:49 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Quote: Haryuu_No_Hanekata

Finding out the manager, who is currently on holiday yay, made one of the girls at cry because she needed his help.

He's a f*cking c*ntish little pr*ck chewing d*ckface.

Trade you. Really, really would trade you.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Claire

| 15,814 posts

26th May 2008 at 9:54 pm

Regular occurence at my place. One of the managers has made me cry before, and then shouted her head off when I asked a simple question. What exactly are they there for if they're not there to HELP. Best luck ever is she's now going onto the other shift, and we gave the other nice manager who's going to be ours a card as congratulations with lots of mean comments about the nasty manager in it. Nasty manager has now read these and won't speak to any of us. WIN

Dr. Harold Shipman

| 10,547 posts

26th May 2008 at 9:54 pm

Doubt it would work, what with bagels not being similar to furniture

And you'd hate him within about, oh, ten minutes.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

26th May 2008 at 9:57 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

You think ours knows anything about bagels? We've had food with 5+ days on it AGAIN in the fridge, on his shift. We ran out of stuff again before 10, we had 2 whole milks and 1 skimmed this morning, and seeing as we do coffee a lot AND Starbucks was closed, we had to wait until Sainsbury's was open. There were no bagels in. If anyone else had done it, we would have gotten disciplined, but the manager closed.

Oh yeah, and he thinks I'm annoyed at him for some reason...Very astute
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Snowflake

| 11,898 posts

26th May 2008 at 9:57 pm

Lady Lobschter

Quote: Squirrell_of_Doom

You'll prefer the lies.

i hate them so much but i've (perhaps cynically) realised why they do it. they want to see how much you'll lie, and therefore how much you're willing to bend your moral scope to achieve the company aims.

You may be right there.

I always get the bloody things wrong and end up stuck in the same sh*t job...

Dr. Harold Shipman

| 10,547 posts

26th May 2008 at 10:03 pm

You think ours knows anything about bagels? We've had food with 5+ days on it AGAIN in the fridge, on his shift. We ran out of stuff again before 10, we had 2 whole milks and 1 skimmed this morning, and seeing as we do coffee a lot AND Starbucks was closed, we had to wait until Sainsbury's was open. There were no bagels in. If anyone else had done it, we would have gotten disciplined, but the manager closed.

Oh yeah, and he thinks I'm annoyed at him for some reason...Very astute

Ours shouts at the people from the other shop because they get in his way. And thinks that every single thing to be done takes ten minutes, so take a second longer gets you a bollocking.

Oh, and since I haven't been paid a penny, he's, by happy chance, f*cked off on holiday.

Dr Namgge

| 14,541 posts

26th May 2008 at 10:36 pm

Well meaning friends trying to patch up dead relationships.

Take this hint, it's over, I don't want to be with her, and I don't care what you think you airhead, and I certainly do not care if you got felt up by her. Now shut up, leave me alone, and let me get on with learning to be content to be single.

A Random Link
I don't give a f*ck you f*cking f*ck!

Quote:
You should try being me, I injure myself on an hourly basis in stupid and childish ways. I nearly gave myself a heart attack this morning when I stood on a glove.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

27th May 2008 at 1:04 am

Πανδώρα -

...not wort it

wish i'd signed out
*burp*

the doc

| 23,161 posts

27th May 2008 at 8:06 am

the doc -

Big spider next to me bed when I woke up this morning

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: