Student Accomodation

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

JM

| 8,289 posts

27th Apr 2008 at 7:43 pm

JM -

My roof is leaking AGAIN

Why is it that all landlords who offer student accomodation are a joke and try to make you move into houses made of lego?

This particular company is run by a couple of cowboys!

JM

| 8,289 posts

27th Apr 2008 at 7:51 pm

JM -

They really tried to sell the spare room to someone a few weeks back with the following line:

"Well, to be honest, it's not the finest house in our portfolio."

I hold no hope of getting my deposit back either

Edit: oh, this is a letting agent, Alice.

JM

| 8,289 posts

27th Apr 2008 at 7:56 pm

JM -

Student letting agency.

To be honest, i should have had more sense. Most students know them as 'Comedy Warehouse' for a reason.

JM

| 8,289 posts

27th Apr 2008 at 8:05 pm

JM -

Yeah, only another 3 weeks of living here. Then i'm moving to the West Midlands for my new job!

Currently looking for accomodation around the Great Barr, West Bromwich, Wednesbury, Oldbury area, so if anyone has any ideas give me a shout. Hey, it's a long shot...

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

28th Apr 2008 at 10:40 am

Elusive Moose - Get your Antlers on

Get your Antlers on

I swear, our landlord must be a gift from the Gods. We can text him at about 10 at night saying something's wrong and he'll be round the next morning (after warning us) to check it out and make the necessary arrangements to fix it. It might be because I swear he fancies my housemate, but it suits us fine.

I hope next years are as good. The letting agency we went through had free sweets and tea on tap though, so they can't be bad... Right?

On the other end of the spectrum, my boyfriend's house is SO badly run. They've had mice for about six months and they've only just got people in to fix it, their boiler is constantly going and it's just generally a rank house.

Oh and my other friend (living in a house of 8 girls) had the lock break on their FRONT door. The letting agency refused to do anything about it, claiming it had to be their fault, so they had to sleep a night with the front door unlocked and then arrange for someone to come in and fix it. The person said it was just a poorly done lock and nothing to do with the girls living there and wrote a report to say so along with the bill, which they took into their letting agency... And had torn up infront of their faces, told that it wasn't anything to do with the agency.

So if you're ever in Cardiff, NEVER go with CPS or Horizon, for they are utterly sh*t.
"You can't roast infants. You just don't get away with it."- a life lesson for us all.

Wife of  Phil the Lawful Hippo. Imagine the children!

The Disneyafied Adventures of Me

wombat

| 8,154 posts

2nd May 2008 at 10:41 am

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

a?
Southern hemispherical rat boy

Colin

| 10,038 posts

2nd May 2008 at 11:00 am

Colin -

And this is what I'm applying for right now...
http://www.myspace.com/papertruth
[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/resources/uploads/gerrard.jpg]

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

2nd May 2008 at 11:11 am

Elusive Moose - Get your Antlers on

Get your Antlers on

Oh halls are even better. Fire alarms at 3am (they only go off when you hit them or someone intentionally sets them off though, never when there's actual smoke/fire), being able to hear about ten different music played at full volume until the early hours (most noticeably during exams), look like prison blocks, heating that's either too hot or too cold, showers that are more a drizzle than anything else, being woken up by people coming home at 2:30 every night, broken EVERYTHING, the probability that if you leave your door unlocked then you will NOT come back to it in the same state...

...but you'll come to love them and for at least the first term of second year will be constantly remisicing about the fun you had in your flat.

Aaaah Uni Halls.
"You can't roast infants. You just don't get away with it."- a life lesson for us all.

Wife of  Phil the Lawful Hippo. Imagine the children!

The Disneyafied Adventures of Me

JM

| 8,289 posts

2nd May 2008 at 11:12 am

JM -

Quote: thelostdude
And this is what I'm applying for right now...

For the most part, university halls are quite good. They university fix things anyway.

EDIT: I take it all back after reading the above comment

SayNotAWord: Does this thing still work?
SayNotAWord: Oh good - I ended up here at the end of a Mega Zine nostalgia rabbit hole
SayNotAWord: Nice to see there's still life in this glorious old place
SayNotAWord: It's ya boy, Parsley Possum
Luco El Loco: Hello
Emma: EVERYBODY DANCE NOW.
Luco El Loco: Wow I haven't heard that one in a while.
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: I was in the shower and "Fluff The Evil One" randomly floated through my mind so I thought I'd stop by, hi 'ziners!
Captain Spiky: Considering I haven't been on this site for over a decade, I find it mildly terrifying that I still have an average of 1.71 posts per day...
Captain Spiky: I miss this place... Much loveage to anybody reading this x
Graham: Passing through, hope you beautiful lot are doing well!
Rayanne Graff: Bye; peace to small Christmas trees.
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Friday night just thinkin' about sharing jaffa cakes with WLW... <3
Maeby: Almost 4 years. Where did the time go?
Pope of Chilli Town: Time flies Alice.
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Peace to small Christmas trees.
flicky: I'm back, 11 years on
Emma: ... and we get quieter and quieter.

Page: