Boris Johnson

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

3rd Jan 2008 at 5:25 pm

It's not really been a new years resolution to be more angry, I just am

I cannot fkking believe there is a Facebook application to support Boris Johnson's London Mayoral campaign. I also cannot fkking believe people are taking Boris Johnson's campaign seriously.

What's he known for again? Oh yes, for being a bumbling fool. And for offending people. He doesnt seem to have any policies or beliefs, apart from vague racism. His performance at the Tory Party Conference was so bad even Arnold Schwarznegger, a man not known for being able to say long words, complained as to how bad he was. Yet for some reason the British public can't seem to distinguish between being well known and being well known for being an idiot. It's the step before Jade Goody getting elected for something.

Would anyone here actually vote for him? If so... why?
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

3rd Jan 2008 at 5:41 pm

Elusive Moose - Get your Antlers on

Get your Antlers on

While I do love Boris Johnson, it is for pure comedic value. When he visited our school I don't remember him really giving a straight answer to anything and I certainly couldn't have told you what any of his policies are (although I doubt he really has any considering being a Tory is enough to win you an election here...). Considering I haven't seen him do a lot in this constituency (although I suppose we're quite lucky insomuch as that not a huge amount needs to be done around here...) I wouldn't want him to be Major of London and having to be concerned with even more people. That said, I think he'd probably take that more seriously than Henley.

But yeah, he's always come accross as a decent enough bloke but I wouldn't want a 'decent enough bloke' being Major of London. I wouldn't vote for him anyway. But you never know... I'll reserve judgement until it happens (if it does, anyway)
"You can't roast infants. You just don't get away with it."- a life lesson for us all.

Wife of  Phil the Lawful Hippo. Imagine the children!

The Disneyafied Adventures of Me

JM

| 8,289 posts

3rd Jan 2008 at 5:45 pm

Someone fell down the escalator in Westminster last year and broke their arm...blood everywhere etc.

All i can remember is 'Boris Drama Queen Johnson' complaining that he had to walk outside (risk seeing the public!) and use another entrance to get across from his office to the main building. What a wazzock.

JM

| 8,289 posts

3rd Jan 2008 at 6:02 pm

Not at all. There was a woman bleeding everywhere! He should be put in thesaurus under 'idiot.'

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

3rd Jan 2008 at 6:07 pm

Quote: scarlet
I think it somewhat more likely that he was complaing about having to walk outside 3 months later while an extensive risk assesment was being carried out before the escalator could be used again by those who had recieved their escalator safety training.

And at least he's honest about the fact that it annoyed him.

I'm pretty sure that sort of thing only happens in Daily Mail readers' heads.

Dr Namgge

| 14,541 posts

3rd Jan 2008 at 6:27 pm

Quote: pablomarmite
I think it somewhat more likely that he was complaing about having to walk outside 3 months later while an extensive risk assesment was being carried out before the escalator could be used again by those who had recieved their escalator safety training.

I disagree with that statement. It implies intelligence to the Daily Mail reader.

If the Tory's want to look better, they should get Boris a job as a public speaker... for the Labour Party.
A Random Link
I don't give a f*ck you f*cking f*ck!

Quote:
You should try being me, I injure myself on an hourly basis in stupid and childish ways. I nearly gave myself a heart attack this morning when I stood on a glove.

Freshly Squeezed Cynic

| 6,189 posts

3rd Jan 2008 at 7:07 pm

Freshly Squeezed Cynic - apparently the big pink bastard is me

apparently the big pink bastard is me

basic common sense.

The words "basic common sense", I've tended to find, are a warning sign that the next thing that's going to be said will quite probably be fairly simple, deeply reactionary and incredibly wrong.

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

3rd Jan 2008 at 7:49 pm

Elusive Moose - Get your Antlers on

Get your Antlers on

Putting Boris Johnson and basic common sense in the same sentence has got to be an oxymoron of some sort. Unless 'has got no' appears inbetween.

I think the fact that no matter how hard I try the only thing I can remember about his obligatory school visit is that he spilt his glass of water all over the table says enough really...
"You can't roast infants. You just don't get away with it."- a life lesson for us all.

Wife of  Phil the Lawful Hippo. Imagine the children!

The Disneyafied Adventures of Me

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

3rd Jan 2008 at 8:49 pm

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

You've clearly never worked in an office for a large company.

As for Boris...not really a politician. Just a carefully crafted image that some people happen to relate to. Whilst i'd prefer anyone, including Boris, to Red Ken being MoL, it won't happen, so people should stop getting their manpants in a twist.

The Man from Southampton

| 3,794 posts

3rd Jan 2008 at 11:31 pm

equality, tolerance & logic

Quote: illusiveshadow
While I do love Boris Johnson

BJ reminds me of a friend I one knew.

edit: i and o on the keyboard are next to each other

Edited by The Man from Southampton Jan 2008
Now is that salary pre or post tax?

100% of Earth's population agrees with the following statement.

"Forces should be spending their time catching rapists and murders and not worry about piracy theft."

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

4th Jan 2008 at 9:35 am

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

(i agree with what George said.)
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

4th Jan 2008 at 10:01 am

Jewbacca -

I agree with what Dan said
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

John Cage Bubblegum

| 6,555 posts

4th Jan 2008 at 10:54 am

John Cage Bubblegum -

Quote: fsc
basic common sense.

The words "basic common sense", I've tended to find, are a warning sign that the next thing that's going to be said will quite probably be fairly simple, deeply reactionary and incredibly wrong.

Correct.

Boris Johnson, behind his bumbling idiot facade, is a deeply unpleasant and prejudiced old Etonian with a 50s-throwback mentality. Even Livingstone is preferable, despite being a slimy little sh*tbag.

I'd happily see him Mayor of Liverpool though.
Peter Kenyon has a medal

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

4th Jan 2008 at 3:27 pm

Quote: Enigmatic_Shrew
Boris Johnson is hilarious but I thought it was clear to everyone ever that he's the worst politician ever.

It's not though, that's my main point. It should be, but he still seems to be taken seriously. Presumably for being a big name, but the right-wing and the young don't seem to realise he's a big name for being an idiot.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

5th Jan 2008 at 12:09 am

Outside-left

Quote: Enigmatic_Shrew
Boris Johnson is hilarious but I thought it was clear to everyone ever that he's the worst politician ever.

It's not though, that's my main point. It should be, but he still seems to be taken seriously. Presumably for being a big name, but the right-wing and the young don't seem to realise he's a big name for being an idiot.

Oh no! Everyone does but you're the only one that can see it!

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

6th Jan 2008 at 4:09 pm

Outside-left

Quote: biggaginge
He was right about the scousers.

And Portsmouth.

wombat

| 8,154 posts

18th Jan 2008 at 12:28 pm

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

It's not really been a new years resolution to be more angry, I just am

I cannot fkking believe there is a Facebook application to support Boris Johnson's London Mayoral campaign. I also cannot fkking believe people are taking Boris Johnson's campaign seriously.

What's he known for again? Oh yes, for being a bumbling fool. And for offending people. He doesnt seem to have any policies or beliefs, apart from vague racism. His performance at the Tory Party Conference was so bad even Arnold Schwarznegger, a man not known for being able to say long words, complained as to how bad he was. Yet for some reason the British public can't seem to distinguish between being well known and being well known for being an idiot. It's the step before Jade Goody getting elected for something.

Would anyone here actually vote for him? If so... why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wrSUeDxBhg
Southern hemispherical rat boy

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page