England

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

YaDunKnow

| 95 posts

17th Oct 2007 at 5:37 pm

VR kicks ass!

Why oh why oh why oh why oh why?

Only the fact that my Mum (God bless her) has just come in the door with 16 Estrella Damms, 12 Super Bocks and some chorizo to console me, my Dad and my mates with is stopping me smashing my face repeatedly against a brick wall right now.

Robinson at fault once again. A top class keeper should be able to push that wide at least. It wasn't that far away from him.

Not that I want to blame anybody. Luck played a big part today. Rooney was offside, which cancelled out the awfull penalty decision, and then there's that second goal.

Oh well, it ain't over yet, although we now need a miracle in Israel in a few weeks' time.

Come on, Georgia!

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

17th Oct 2007 at 5:40 pm

Elusive Moose - Get your Antlers on

Get your Antlers on

It's your own fault for following the football in the first place. Get with the rugby
"You can't roast infants. You just don't get away with it."- a life lesson for us all.

Wife of  Phil the Lawful Hippo. Imagine the children!

The Disneyafied Adventures of Me

YaDunKnow

| 95 posts

17th Oct 2007 at 5:49 pm

VR kicks ass!

Errrrrrm..............

I'm a bit fragile at the moment so I'm going to pretend you didn't say that.

Anyone got anything constructive (that doesn't belittle the shattered dreams of tens of millions of people) to add?

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

17th Oct 2007 at 5:55 pm

Get your Antlers on

Woah, twas meant in jest, not offensive or to belittle people's 'shattered dreams' or whatever. Apologies... I'd say the chances are you'll be able to say things along a similar line to me on Saturday anyways, but gotta think positive...
"You can't roast infants. You just don't get away with it."- a life lesson for us all.

Tobias Fünke

| 4,730 posts

17th Oct 2007 at 6:30 pm

Tobias Fünke  - I blue myself.

I blue myself.

I don't think Russia will beat Israel in Israel, to be honest. 0-0, I reckon. Beating Croatia is going to be the problem.
Analrapist.

YaDunKnow

| 95 posts

17th Oct 2007 at 6:32 pm

VR kicks ass!

We can't rely on that though, can we? Israel have got nothing to play for as well.

Tobias Fünke

| 4,730 posts

17th Oct 2007 at 6:38 pm

I blue myself.

When it's not in your hands, you can't rely on anything. You just hope.

They didn't deserve to lose, tbh. A draw would have been a fair result.
Analrapist.

Tobias Fünke

| 4,730 posts

17th Oct 2007 at 6:41 pm

I blue myself.

You're not far wrong. Stevie 'G' Gerrard has been awful in the last two games.
Analrapist.

JM

| 8,289 posts

17th Oct 2007 at 10:57 pm

Quote: Johnny_Moustache

His one contribution that i did notice included missing that open goal. Shocking!

Surely, the manager is out of a job after the Croatia game regardless

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

17th Oct 2007 at 11:02 pm

Chris Kamara -

Who really expected any better. Steve McClaren is w*nk. The sooner he's out the door, the better. He should never have been appointed in a million years. It seems the FA have had to learn the error of their ways the hard way.

JM

| 8,289 posts

17th Oct 2007 at 11:04 pm

Quote: Crush_Puny_Humans
Who really expected any better. Steve McClaren is w*nk. The sooner he's out the door, the better. He should never have been appointed in a million years. It seems the FA have had to learn the error of their ways the hard way.

A valid point. The lack of a suitable English replacement seems all too apparent though.

John Cage Bubblegum

| 6,555 posts

18th Oct 2007 at 10:20 am

John Cage Bubblegum -

Not according to today's Mail. He'll be 'tending his grazes after busting a gut for England' don't you know.
Peter Kenyon has a medal

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

18th Oct 2007 at 11:54 am

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

Quote: Slates_Slags_etc

Not according to today's Mail. He'll be 'tending his grazes after busting a gut for England' don't you know.

Wow. Quite unlike The Mail to send a compliment North of the Watford Gap. *fans self*

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

18th Oct 2007 at 11:50 pm

Chris Kamara -

Quote: Gene_Hunt
I honestly can't get my head round anyone supporting national football teams, how can you cheer someone you're supposed to hate?

How does that work?

I'm with this, I haven't a clue. I support one team and one team only, and I've been like that for as long as I can remember.

Man Utd are the only team I care about. Supporting the country I was born in is not something I've ever considered. I can't stand some of the players at club level, and they don't automatically become different players when playing for England.

Whether England win lose or draw, I don't care one shred. But I still like to watch the games, because it's football.

It's not a popular opinion, but it'll never be one I'm swayed out of; it's just the way it is. But still, each to their own and all that.

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

19th Oct 2007 at 2:42 am

Jewbacca -

Quote: Ignignokt
I don't get how anyone can like football enough to get upset over the loss of a game... But y'know, thats just me.

With you on this one. I've only ever been to one match, and it was surprisingly (for me at least ) a lot of fun. Partly because we won 3-1 but I'd not have been upset in the slightest if we'd lost.
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Tobias Fünke

| 4,730 posts

19th Oct 2007 at 9:27 am

I blue myself.

Quote: Martin
Quote: Ignignokt
I don't get how anyone can like football enough to get upset over the loss of a game... But y'know, thats just me.

With you on this one. I've only ever been to one match, and it was surprisingly (for me at least ) a lot of fun. Partly because we won 3-1 but I'd not have been upset in the slightest if we'd lost.

Analrapist.

YaDunKnow

| 95 posts

21st Oct 2007 at 5:33 pm

VR kicks ass!

Well, there is the small matter of me having shelled out in excess of 1,000 Euros for tickets to next summer's European Championships (thanks, UEFA) Unless Russia somehow slip up in Israel and England beat Croatia at Wembley, I'll have to go through the hassle of selling them on (I don't like the idea of other team's fans missing out if I take the tickets for a tournament that England aren't even in) I'd say that's reason enough to be depressed over the result.

The real sh*tter is the possibilty of us not being there in Austria and Switzerland next summer though. Those of you who don't like football don't really know what you're missing out on. Quite simply, the European Championships is the biggest thing that happens in Europe. Hundreds of thousands of people from 16 different countries converge on a different location every 4 years to take in a new country, enjoy some top notch football, make new friends and generally party for a month or so. If that doesn't appeal to you then you've been watching too many lame Panorama documentaries and reading a bit too much Daily Mail.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

21st Oct 2007 at 5:53 pm

Topper - Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Quote: Crush_Puny_Humans
Quote: Gene_Hunt
I honestly can't get my head round anyone supporting national football teams, how can you cheer someone you're supposed to hate?

How does that work?

I'm with this, I haven't a clue. I support one team and one team only, and I've been like that for as long as I can remember.

Man Utd are the only team I care about. Supporting the country I was born in is not something I've ever considered. I can't stand some of the players at club level, and they don't automatically become different players when playing for England.

Whether England win lose or draw, I don't care one shred. But I still like to watch the games, because it's football.

It's not a popular opinion, but it'll never be one I'm swayed out of; it's just the way it is. But still, each to their own and all that.

Agreed.

I only give a hoot about England because I want the United players involved to succeed, but then again I want Ronaldo to do well and impress with Portugal, Vidic with Serbia etc etc.

I hope some day, for some reason, David Duchovny is investigated by the FBI. Because that would make a great story.

http://www.myspace.com/toppercutter

Mancomb Seepgood

| 3,455 posts

22nd Oct 2007 at 6:04 am

Mancomb Seepgood - Grog me.

Grog me.

Quote: Harry_Potter
I can't understand how people can enjoy Napoelon Dynamite.

Eh?
If I could get an orange that was as low-maintenance as an apple, I'd be a happy man

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

22nd Oct 2007 at 2:16 pm

Outside-left

Quote: Wayne_Coyne
like I can't understand how people can enjoy Napoelon Dynamite.

Wow I was beginning to think I was on my own with this opinion.

No. It's a truly awful film.

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

23rd Oct 2007 at 10:47 pm

Get your Antlers on

Quote: Valentino_Rossi

I thought I was the only one too. Can't stand it!

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

23rd Oct 2007 at 10:51 pm

Outside-left

Quote: Big_G
Quote: Elusive_Moose
Quote: Valentino_Rossi

I thought I was the only one too. Can't stand it!

I'm going to find the people that looked at me like I had just sexxed up their parents when I said I didn't like it and show them I'm not the only one.

And you should say, "I've found a contingent of others who found that film to be worse than your mother was in bed".

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page