Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

uponthetelegram

| 0 posts

23rd Sept 2002 at 6:10 pm

Okay, where do we start???

OKAY, YES, THERE!
Vans Trainers!
Supposed King of Soles!
Well guess what! My Rowley Vans have a massive whole in the soul! Okay, so this may be down to my addiction to footplant/fastplant/beanplant/boneless addiction but still...

You buy a pair of Vans (supposed King Of Soles) and you expect the sole to last at least THREE MONTHS! Damn it...

And what about lazyness in the skate community... For christs sake, learn some new tricks! I'm sick of seeing videos of JUST stairsets and handrails! BLOODY HELL PEOPLE, Pat Duffy was doing that in 1992! Move on!

That's not to say the quality of skating is bad, oh no, technical skating just gets more and more.. technical, but... LEARN SOME NEW TRICKS! Innovate a bit!

Of course, Rodney Mullen is doing this, as he has done and always will (heel flip to a five ft primo slide?!?!?) but others need to progress too! Mike Vallely is another, bringing back old school to street skating (HAIL THE BONELESS!) but it's not enough!

And yeah, bring back old school skating! Rather than follow the increasingly annoying crowd of new school 'oh, Tom Penny is god' kickflip/boardslide crowd, I'm doing something different (which some respect and some dont) I mean, f*ck, I'd never seen a boneless outwards 360 fingerflip until I did it, and a boneless 540 bigspin too! I see very few people trying freestyle footwork or even casper-rail-truckstand lines - and that is a travesty! Old school is the foundation of all skating, not the ollie, fools!

And the commericalisation of skateboarding! ARGH! A dilemma... Do I accept the sponsorship or not...

Anyhow, that's my skating rant over.

Robbie

hikey

| 5,865 posts

24th Sept 2002 at 11:36 pm

its the semi automatic stun gun!!!!!!!!!!!! yeehaw

ive noticed vans are getting shoddy too. b*st*rds. yes .improvise yes create experiment at least bloody try!!!!!!!!!!!!

vans do LOOK f*ckyeah though
he aint all there he dont like beans!!!!!!!!!!!

Alpaca

| 5,875 posts

25th Sept 2002 at 10:00 am

Alpaca -

ive had my pair of vans for ages but my feet are getting too big so dunno. theyre just plain black ones, nothing fancy. i wear my comfy big old skool black adidas ones now, theyre quite plain too but i love them. they smell really bad though.
ive had my vans for about 2 years so theyve lasted a while but bah, theyre too small. boooo

uponthetelegram

| 0 posts

25th Sept 2002 at 1:37 pm

Vans last forever if you just use them to walk about in, but the moment you go skating they just fall apart! The toe section of my last pair of Vans fell apart within days from blasted underflip shoveits. I don't really do scrappy flip tricks either, but I still burn a hole in the side somehow.

Flapdoodle

| 4,238 posts

26th Sept 2002 at 12:11 pm

Flapdoodle - TO THE SEA...

TO THE SEA...

so far my vans are lasting alright, had them since before summer, i wander a lot and i attempt to skate quite a bit (but no tricks as i have crap co-ordiantion and balnce due to my dyspraxia) i want to learn to do something but i fail miserably and injur myself- any tips? ooooh anyway drifting off topicv here, my vans seem to be lasting.

uponthetelegram

| 0 posts

26th Sept 2002 at 4:04 pm

try www.bobstricktips.com
It's mainly oldschool stuff, but don't be put off!
Try learn some simple freestyle stuff too, like caspers and primo tricks. If you ever want any advice, send me an email and I'll get to work on some trick tips for you. I'm not the best oldschool/freestyle skater ever, but I am good.

I know, I'll bring my skateboard to the Nottingham meeting!

Flapdoodle

| 4,238 posts

26th Sept 2002 at 4:08 pm

Flapdoodle - TO THE SEA...

TO THE SEA...

oooh thanx for the site!! i may take you up on the advice offer. ooh skateboarding on the nottingham meet, have to be careful as the best place to skate in town is on the square and you get fined

hikey

| 5,865 posts

6th Oct 2002 at 7:57 am

its the semi automatic stun gun!!!!!!!!!!!! yeehaw

i got new greco vans now

they are ace cept i b*ggerd my ankle in them need wearing in~~sad thing is they look damn good!
he aint all there he dont like beans!!!!!!!!!!!

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page