Yet another rant from the Rubber

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

| 2,016 posts

29th Aug 2002 at 12:45 am

Quote:
if you can give me a straight anwer that is based on fact then i wont comment on this subject again, but i know that wont happen because as far as we are aware a vampire is nothing more than a mythological creature..

dont get me wrong i believe they exist but i dont buy into them having anything to do with wicca or being magical.

but thats just me, and no i cant give any facts about a vampires origin so dont ask me to, no one can do that

The Myth of vampires is based on fact.

There is a disease, of which I don't know the name, that damages skin cells, making the skin grow tight. The tight skin on the face makes the lips pull back to reveal the teeth and gums of the victim.

In the middle ages, particularly in Eastern Europe, there were many cases of this disease, and a lot of superstition surrounding it, this is where the myth of vampires comes from.
Triptoheaveandhoupdowntoandfroyouhaveno
wordtriptriptoadreamdragonhideyourwingsina
ghosttowersailscacklingateveryplatewebreak
krackedbyscatteredneedlesthelittleminute
goNg

Hatjan

| 1,497 posts

29th Aug 2002 at 1:32 am

Hatjan - insatiable curiosity

insatiable curiosity

i'm not sure whether it's the same same disease, but when my cousin lived in geneva, he was friends with a boy who had this very rare condition where he had really long canine teeth (which his dentist had sawn down to make him look normal) and i think it was dangerous for him to be exposed to too much heat (which was why they lived up in the mountains) i don't know a lot about it, but i think people with this condition get ill quite a lot and usually don't live much longer than 30
"A witty quote proves nothing"

| 2,016 posts

29th Aug 2002 at 1:55 pm

Yes, granted, but you challenged for someone to suggest the origins of the myth of vampires. I did so, not to say I believe in vampires though.
Triptoheaveandhoupdowntoandfroyouhaveno
wordtriptriptoadreamdragonhideyourwingsina
ghosttowersailscacklingateveryplatewebreak
krackedbyscatteredneedlesthelittleminute
goNg

The Angry Monkey Show

| 2,387 posts

1st Sept 2002 at 12:59 am

The Angry Monkey Show - Stop it, Catherine

Stop it, Catherine

I saw part of it, and really, didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

And all that stuff about the usage of candles in the spells... well, that just got me thinking Terry Pratchett, so that was good.
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/Brilliant+Karl.png]

The Angry Monkey Show

| 2,387 posts

2nd Sept 2002 at 10:56 pm

Stop it, Catherine

Er, just to clear something up; "God in a dodgy hat" seems to be, er, censored in for "T-E-R-R-Y P-R-A-T-C-H-E-T-T". Just so ya'll know.

Galileo

| 1 posts

7th Sept 2002 at 8:57 am

I Love The Vegetable Revolution!

Hey man, just thought i'd drop u a little message since im now a member of the Veg Rev.

What i won't tell u is who i am but u do know me personally!

Cya

Galileo
Galileo Judas Figaro

The Angry Monkey Show

| 2,387 posts

7th Sept 2002 at 9:33 am

Stop it, Catherine

Er, could you at least do us the honour of telling us who you're a close personal friend of?

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page