Downtime

Posted In: News. Reading This Thread:

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

23rd Oct 2009 at 5:30 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

VR was down for most of last night - for reasons mostly unknown. From my logs it went down about 1am, and only came back up about 2 this afternoon.

I could've had it up a bit quicker, but performance was a bit slow until I repaired the database...

This is what my host said.

Quote:
Looking at the core dumps they are referencing SQLite. From the servers logs I see we reinstalled SQLite at 5:37am CDT this morning. As far as why the issue started, the server had been rebooted into a new kernel and it appears SQLite had been affected at some point in that process. It looks like everything is working properly now.

Hostgator are great and their tech support guys are top notch - but I'm going to look into getting a dedicated server in the UK for VR, to speed it up a bit more. Plus I'd know when there is likely to be downtime like this.

Anyway, sorry guys

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

24th Oct 2009 at 8:10 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Quote: Das Buroski, Oct 2009
Want me to see how much a dedicated box at my place would be under staff pricing?

Would be nice to get some prices... but I think zen is a little out of my price range. Plus I don't really need a dedicated box, a VPS would be perfect - but I don't think you guys do that?

Claire: Or maybe that's jugs an iPad thing. Anyways I'm shoutboxing like its 2005 and so that's nice
Claire: Jugs. Excellent autocorrect
Claire: If I keep posting maybe James will see
Claire: Not my jugs
Claire: Nearly thereeee
Claire: Good, well
Claire: I've really achieved something this evening
((: hello! i see ur messages! my life is cool! how are you? if ur still here
Claire: I'm OK ta, what brings you to these parts? It's been a long time and I often wondered how you were getting on.
((: i'm back because i'm a youth worker now + there are things on here that could do with being swept under the rug, lmao. especially because i used to be a bit more, er. completely useless at not giving out personal information online.
Claire: Well if it helps there is an option now to hide your posts unless someone is signed in
Claire: And I think new sign ups are off
Claire: In your profile there's an option
((: yeah! i've hit that ty <3 I'm just cleaning out stuff a wee bit anyways like, belt and braces.
((: it did mean having to confront my 12 year old poetry but i survived that with the help of a large glass of wine
the doc: F*cking hell, is that Tabby?!
the doc: Always wondered what happened to you
the doc: Hope life's treating you well after all these years. Them were some f*cked up times we lived through.
the doc: Ah man, it was weeks ago. Ah well. If you drop by again, send us a quick PM and let us know how you're doing. I'd love to hear from you. I'm all grown up with kids and everything. Madness.
Luco El Loco: Greetings and salutations for anyone passing through.

One Page