Geldof slams FIFA over tickertape shortages

Posted In: News. Reading This Thread:

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

10th Jul 2006 at 11:36 pm

Sir (widely expected to become Saint on death) Bob Geldof has attacked football's governing body FIFA over its frivolous use of tickertape at the World Cup Final, when 95% of African families cannot even afford a single piece.

"It's a f**king discrace" said Geldof, "Many African nations would love to obtain that much tickertape.  The Nigerian presidential parade involved six pieces!  Six!  You couldn't even see it!  And birds ended up stealing most of it for their nests!  Yet because Nigeria still owes developed countries several million tonnes of the stuff that they don't have, this is the best they can manage.  Yet in the World Cup Final they just blew billions of pieces up into the air.  For a f**king football match!  I ask you, who cares about football?  Not me, I'm Irish.  It should have gone to a more worthwile cause, like a parade for street kids in Somalia."

FIFA President Sepp Blatter responded with a short statement. "Man, the Boomtown Rats were awful" he said, before settling back into his coffin before sunrise.
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

11th Jul 2006 at 9:26 pm

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

Quote: Joel__VR_Slash_Star

FIFA President Sepp Blatter responded with a short statement. "Man, the Boomtown Rats were awful" he said, before settling back into his coffin before sunrise.

Excellent line. Really really great.

Blatter is like the FIFA version of Michael Howard, except that i'd vote for Howard if he was up for an election.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page