How to go about this...

Posted In: Music. Reading This Thread:

Paula

| 4,556 posts

7th May 2011 at 2:11 pm

Paula - King of Knights

King of Knights

I'm having a clear out and getting rid of a lot of CDs. The majority of them I'm happy to take to an independent record store or send to Music Magpie or a similar site. I'm more bothered about clearing out the clutter than making money.

Everything except this. During my phase of being a Heartagram wearing, Ville Valo worshiping girl that I've thankfully grown out of, I went out of my way to get one of these limited editions of the Dark Light Album and I've kept it in really good condition. It has the tin, the booklet, the Certificate of Authenticity and the pen light all there. I'm not sure if the pen light still works or not but I took the batteries out if it ages ago so I think it might be ok.

What do you lovely people think would be the best thing for me to do with it? I've never put anything on ebay before so I'm not sure about going that route

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

7th May 2011 at 3:13 pm

Carpet Remnant -

There aren't any on eBay right now so it's hard to see what the demand might be. On Amazon marketplace people are asking for £300-£666(LOL) for them new and unsealed, I'd be surprised if anyone has actually paid that. Used copies are at about £45 on there which seems a bit more reasonable based on my brief research of that edition.

You sure you want to get rid of it? Even though you've grown out of the band and that it's still the kind of thing that would be pretty difficult to get hold of should you decide you want it again for whatever reason.

hmmm there are also people selling it opened but 'as new' as a collectible on amazon and asking for about £200, still be surprised if there actually selling. I've got a CD that is on Amazon marketplace for £200 but I know I couldn't get that for it

Animal

| 32,547 posts

7th May 2011 at 3:30 pm

Animal -

I checked a site earlier and found it was hitting around £60 if you were to sell it. In your favour with Ebay is the fact it is very much a sellers market, meaning you can sometimes get above the expected price for something.

Though the music stack site gives little info in terms of what each version actually is, so the valuation is a bit off..

As George said though, are you sure you want rid? Collectors pieces are often worth holding onto for posterity's much as anything else.
http://www.dasburros.com

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

Paula

| 4,556 posts

7th May 2011 at 5:10 pm

Paula - King of Knights

King of Knights

I'll have a think about it, thanks guys.

Little Blue Fox.

| 4,256 posts

10th May 2011 at 11:17 am

Little Blue Fox. - Hope is important.

Hope is important.

You should keep it, I think.
It hurts too much not to try.
I will see you in another life when we are both cats.
Quod perditum est, in venietur.*Facebook.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page