Pearl Jam

Posted In: Music. Reading This Thread:

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

8th Feb 2011 at 2:23 am

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

Last Exit.

I was having a conversation about "Ten" with my housemate the other night. We both always thought it sounded like quite a feelgood album until we read the lyric book and worked out what half the songs were about. A lot of the earlier stuff sounds a bit dated, but it's still bloody brilliant.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

8th Feb 2011 at 8:57 am

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Black
Better man
Nothingman
Immortality
Elderly woman behind the counter in a small town
Life wasted
Daughter
Rearviewmirror
Yellow Ledbetter
Even flow
Once
Dissident
Nothing as it seems

These are just SOME of the Pearl Jam songs I like. The ones I can think of now. Favourite has to be the acoustic version of Black they did for MTV Unplugged (I'll post the video later, unless George has posted it above, they're not showing up on my phone, probably because of not enough reception to load the thumbnails. But I digress)

Just had a look there, and I'm actually ashamed now that I don't have all my Pearl Jam albums on my iPhone. Only the Rearviewmirror greatest hits. Thank you George for bringing this to my attention. This shall be rectified this evening.
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

15th Feb 2011 at 2:58 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Can't believe I forgot about their version of '25 Minutes To Go' from one of their live albums. Love that so very, very much
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page