Festival season (nearly)

Posted In: Music. Reading This Thread:

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

2nd Mar 2010 at 12:18 am

Well it's festival-lineup-announcing season anyway. Where's everyone going? Hopefully I'm off to Leeds.

Glastonbury has U2, Muse and Stevie Wonder, Reading/Leeds has Blink 182 self-confirmed, My Chemical Romance (probably) and according to efestivals, Arcade Fire. T In The Park's too far away for me to care about, and V has just announced one of the blandest lineups in living memory - http://www.vfestival.com/lineup/index.html
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

2nd Mar 2010 at 1:31 am

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

I've completely fallen out of love with festivals in the past couple of years for a few reasons, mainly because I haven't found a single line up that genuinely excites me in that time. Needless to say, it's almost a certainty that I'll be saving £200 by not buying a Leeds Festival ticket this summer.

Typically, there's already a 'Downfall' parody of the rumoured Reading/Leeds lineup.

Blink, MCR and Arcade Fire? Nigga please.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

2nd Mar 2010 at 11:41 am

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Quote: Darren, Mar 2010
It's not so bad. I count four decent acts. Possibly five at a push.

(It does have some good acts but some of them are pretty sh**. i mean, Scouting For Girls, ugh.)
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

2nd Mar 2010 at 12:34 pm

Delirium Tremens -

If Download had booked Black Sabbath, they would have involved every metal band I actually like this year. If I can find the cash, I think I may go there.

John Cage Bubblegum

| 6,555 posts

2nd Mar 2010 at 5:23 pm

John Cage Bubblegum -

A bit before festival season proper, but with a bit of luck I should be heading to this. However, Primavera's line-up is extremely unlikely to be bettered this year, I would say.
Peter Kenyon has a medal

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

24th Mar 2010 at 6:25 pm

Libertines, Blink 182 and Guns & Roses for Reading/Leeds according to the latest rumour mill. Interesting...

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

24th Mar 2010 at 7:36 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Quote: Rufio, Mar 2010
Quote: The Doc, Mar 2010
Download and Kendal Calling hopefully.
I'd like to go to Leeds and Glasto, but I feel like I've missed their peak now and I don't want the inferior experience.

Kendal!
Quite a few people I know are showing interest in it

IT'S THE NEW GLASTONBURY!!!11!!!1!!!!!1!!!11 /hyperbole
My ex guitarists new gig are playing. I have to go! His missus and kid are heading down and we're forming a point and laugh at beard crowd when they are on.

Sounds like fun. Though which festival do you mean

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

24th Mar 2010 at 8:53 pm

learrggh -

If I could afford it, I'd head to Burning Man. Or SXSW

my mate trying to pressure me into going bloodstock. not v interested. line up is meh. is lots of money. cba.

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

24th Mar 2010 at 9:04 pm

Delirium Tremens -

Quote: Sam Hall, Mar 2010
If Download had booked Black Sabbath, they would have involved every metal band I actually like this year. If I can find the cash, I think I may go there.

What metal bands do you actually like?

Sorry, only just saw this.

I like AC/DC, Motorhead, Black Sabbath, bits of Guns n Roses and Aerosmith in a trashy pop kind of way. Also, I'd put Bon Jovi, Poison and Motley Crue style on about the same fun artistic level as bubblegum pop. Looking at them, I think you'd describe those groups as hard rock rather than metal. Metal's not really my cup of tea.

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

25th Mar 2010 at 5:53 am

Jewbacca -

Had to pull out of Leeds for the second year running because I'm not going to be in the country Only slightly gutted since it's like two million pounds.
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

25th Mar 2010 at 3:28 pm

Outside-left

Quote: Albi The Racist Dragon, Mar 2010
Libertines, Blink 182 and Guns & Roses for Reading/Leeds according to the latest rumour mill. Interesting...

That has certainly stoked my interest slightly. But a ticket is £180, an EE pass is £15, and fees are likely to be another £10 on top, which takes the ticket to a cost that is very nearly 100% more than what I paid for Leeds 2002.

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

25th Mar 2010 at 5:45 pm

Quote: Albert Johanneson, Mar 2010

That has certainly stoked my interest slightly. But a ticket is £180, an EE pass is £15, and fees are likely to be another £10 on top, which takes the ticket to a cost that is very nearly 100% more than what I paid for Leeds 2002.

Heh I thought of you when I saw GnR and The Libertines together...

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

25th Mar 2010 at 7:44 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Quote: LoonyPandora, Mar 2010
Quote: The Doc, Mar 2010
Download and Kendal Calling hopefully.
I'd like to go to Leeds and Glasto, but I feel like I've missed their peak now and I don't want the inferior experience.

Kendal!
Quite a few people I know are showing interest in it

IT'S THE NEW GLASTONBURY!!!11!!!1!!!!!1!!!11 /hyperbole
My ex guitarists new gig are playing. I have to go! His missus and kid are heading down and we're forming a point and laugh at beard crowd when they are on.

Sounds like fun. Though which festival do you mean
I quoted a post mentioning Kendal. :p

And Download, and Leeds, and Glasto... And you mentioned heading 'down' there, and since Kendal is North of you, and North is traditionally 'up' - it confused me

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

25th Mar 2010 at 11:07 pm

Outside-left

Quote: Albert Johanneson, Mar 2010

Heh I thought of you when I saw GnR and The Libertines together...

Aye, but Blink can f*ck off though.

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

30th Mar 2010 at 11:36 am

Leeds tickets confirmed, finally. I even have two spares cuz we all panicked and double booked. Dan, can I tempt you to the Libertines and Guns n Roses...?

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

30th Mar 2010 at 2:33 pm

Outside-left

Leeds tickets confirmed, finally. I even have two spares cuz we all panicked and double booked. Dan, can I tempt you to the Libertines and Guns n Roses...?

Appreciated, but I can't give you a definite yes answer for a while yet, so if someone else wants them and can pay you sooner than me, go for them.

Flapdoodle

| 4,238 posts

24th Apr 2010 at 4:43 pm

Flapdoodle - TO THE SEA...

TO THE SEA...

Although not posted on for a while I'm going to get involved.

So far my festival plans consist of Mighty Sounds Festial which is a ska-punk thing in the Czech Republic. Not been before (it'll be my first proper festival outside of the UK), know 1 or 2 folk who went last year and ae trying to get a bigger group this year.
Added bonus of it falls over my birthday weekend.

Other festivals looking into are Rebellion and some juggling ones (not really for this board though with it being music)

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

24th Apr 2010 at 10:25 pm

Jewbacca -

Quote: Eyjafjallajökull, Mar 2010
Quote: Lisbeth Salander, Mar 2010
Quote: Ted 'Smooth' Bundy, Mar 2010
Just been sorted a free ticket for V at Weston Park off one of the grafters(touts) and have apparently been sorted for a spot in a camper van

Lucky Beggar.

I entered a competition to win tickets to download. So I'm glad I'll be going to that for free, save a bit of cash.

Make sure you give Cheryl Cole a good bumming

Have you won them yet?

It's only a matter of time. I answered the question correctly.

Actual lol.
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Mancomb Seepgood

| 3,455 posts

4th May 2010 at 8:28 pm

Mancomb Seepgood - Grog me.

Grog me.

Just did Camden Crawl. Wet but fun. Gang of Four and Teenage Fanclub and such.

Thinking of Latitude now. Ridiculously good line up.

Grizzly Bear, The National, Belle and Sebastian, Sweet Billy Pilgrim, Spoon, Vampire Weekend, Daniel Kitson, Adam Buxton, John Cooper Clarke, Emo Philips etc etc.
If I could get an orange that was as low-maintenance as an apple, I'd be a happy man

Flapdoodle

| 4,238 posts

25th May 2010 at 12:14 am

Flapdoodle - TO THE SEA...

TO THE SEA...

Slam Dunk (Leeds date) is now a festival I've got a ticket for, it is only a one day thing at the weekend and I'm largely going for just one stage but will mooch about and see a few other acts when I can.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page