Posted In: Music. Reading This Thread:

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

16th Nov 2009 at 1:41 pm

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

Quote: Winston Zeddemore, Nov 2009
Quote: Das Buroski, Nov 2009
Graphs the music industry wants to keep hidden.

So, the argument of musicians starving due to file sharing seems invalid, theirs the potential for the revenue earned by artists to actually surpass the revenue earned by the label, for the first time since, well, forever in the modern music industry.

Methinks the prevalent theory that the labels were up in arms due to personal loss of cash flow was pretty much correct.

Someone prove that Spotify is a scam and using it makes you a Record Industry puppet. Cheers.

Well, you've now the option to buy the song you're listening to (through 7Digital), which pretty much shows to even the most deniable user that having it free for a year was just a ruse to get a userbase. Nothing more than an attempt at a another mp3 paid download site.

That said, if someone says to me, "check out [band]", I'll use Spotify to give them a listen.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

16th Nov 2009 at 2:21 pm

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

Grooveshark is pretty good for that.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page