Musician Interviews

Posted In: Music. Reading This Thread:

Topper

| 6,773 posts

4th Aug 2004 at 11:17 pm

Topper - Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Interviews with bands and artists can be notoriously difficult and have spectacular results. What are your faves? For whatever reason. Did it have conflict? (BeeGee's and Clive Anderson), sexual tension (Paula Yates and that musician whose name currently escapes me on the Big Breakfast), did someone reveal something amazing? (Insert example here, or even better, in your post), was it funny? (my example, which will follow), or whatever. Can be a live face-2-face interview or whatever. Or whatever.

My choice: Interview with Aphex Twin before release of latest (2001) album called 'Drukqs'.
1) Why "DRUKQS"?
it's up to everyone to make their own interpretation.

2) So rumours of your retirement were greatly exaggerated? What made you change your mind?
the old mind was getting really slow and dull so I thought Id get a new one.

3) What have you been doing since Windowlicker was released?
playing around with human embryos that myself and my girlfriend made, before its illegal.

4) Where/when was the album recorded?
All over the place travelling, in some bank vaults and in the bath.

5) Is all the material new?
its the newest music available. actually its a compilation of all the fake aphex tracks found on the world.wide.w*nk, I didnt write any of them.

6) Will there be any singles?
Yes tomorrow, limited to 1 copy on my hard disk, my friend bought it one Ebay which I think is on the internet.

7) The tracks have very bizarre titles, what do they mean?
kwrejgwekrjhwegkwegrkwerjbg

8) Have you worked with anyone else on this album?
Yeah, at the beginning of 1997 I adopted 3 goats on my farm in Scotland and taught them how to write music,I upgraded one of the goats at the end of 98'with a hoof mod and its f*cking serious man/woman.

9) Are there going to be any more collaborations with yourself and Chris Cunningham?
Well I think chris is too skinny at the moment and I cant bear working with skeletons so ,he has to put on a considerable amount of weight onfirst.

10) Where did you get the idea for the cover?
while i was djing at the next rephlex party at 93ft east club end ofaugust2001.

11) Have you been listening to lots of classical music?
Is this a sign that you're mellowing in your old age? I have actually gone deaf from djing and so I cant listen to any music at all, im totally gutted, have learnt how to lip read and I can still mix records by smelling the grooves.

12) What is your dru(g)kq of choice?
what does dru(g)kq mean, I dont understand the question, sorry.

13) Are you planning any live shows?
What surprises have you got instore? Well Im playing on the national lottery in December as they offered me the rollover if nobody won it that week, seriously!

14) Napster, do you have an opinion on them?
[b]Well I should do ,I actually wrote the code for the precursor to napster and that bloke nicked it off me, im not bitter though, ive managed to download my entire catalogue off it when it worked, saved myself
I hope some day, for some reason, David Duchovny is investigated by the FBI. Because that would make a great story.

http://www.myspace.com/toppercutter

Topper

| 6,773 posts

8th Aug 2004 at 7:15 am

Topper - Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

I hate you all.
I hope some day, for some reason, David Duchovny is investigated by the FBI. Because that would make a great story.

http://www.myspace.com/toppercutter

Lucozade Lover

| 8,558 posts

14th Aug 2004 at 10:57 am

Lucozade Lover -

Quote:
that musician whose name currently escapes me on the Big Breakfast

I think it's Michael Hutchence who was in INXS, but is now dead.

Emma

| 9,777 posts

14th Aug 2004 at 11:02 am

Emma - EXTREME!

EXTREME!

That would be right...
Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page