Organising Gigs

Posted In: Music. Reading This Thread:

Flapdoodle

| 4,238 posts

10th Jun 2004 at 11:35 am

Flapdoodle - TO THE SEA...

TO THE SEA...

Has anyone ever put one on? For my 19th birthday I'm half thinking of trying to organise a gig with just a few local bands where i know various members in them. Anyway I am just trying to make sure I'm not going to forget anything. I'm asking as many people as possible so I can be sure I've not forgotten anything. So far my list consists of:
[list][*]Bands
[*]Venue
[*]PA
[*]Back Line (drums, amps, cabs)
[/list]
I know I really should of started to organise this a bit soonerbut it's just an idea and I'lll make a back up plan just incase. Does anyone have any helpful suggestions for this?

Flapdoodle

| 4,238 posts

10th Jun 2004 at 2:02 pm

TO THE SEA...

Sound guy and lighting stuff I think I will have to speak to the venue about otherwise drag my mate steve back from Berwick for the day.
Cheers for that.

Mr_Self_Destruct

| 73 posts

10th Jun 2004 at 2:57 pm

Trippy Mushrooms

Make sure you have a decent bar.Some people I know organised a gig at a local rugby club with four good bands,but the beer the bar was serving was terrible.I swear they were selling pints of something called 'Carlstenberger' for about
this is the dark age of love

pain like a drain on my sense of wonder,makes you wonder,how many butterflies have died in growing old and trying to please the ones they least admire?

Flapdoodle

| 4,238 posts

10th Jun 2004 at 4:00 pm

TO THE SEA...

Well some friends and I in college time tend to go to the pub part every thursday for lunch so we know it is a decent bar.

Flapdoodle

| 4,238 posts

18th Jun 2004 at 9:41 pm

TO THE SEA...

Right got it all sorted I think. Venue is sorted for my actual birthday, size is 125 and cost includes the venue, PA and engineer. Twas very reasonable, even more so now that my friend Russ is stealing my idea (well sharing) and we are going halves with it being his 18th 4 days beforehand and his brothers band is playing anyway (Bad Habit), also got my friend Thom's band playing (still no name but i've threatened them if they don't come up with 1 i'm naming for the night- 9 months in they should by now have a name- my ex [the bass player in the band] fears the name i may come up with). Between the band we're pretty sure we have the equipment, i have my pennies sorted out so I'm cautiosly confident that this whole thing may work.

1 month to go.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page