charles manson

Posted In: Music. Reading This Thread:

bob fletcher

| 1,339 posts

1st Jun 2004 at 8:56 pm

bob fletcher - woop woop

woop woop

nowdon't go either *shock horror* charles manson! or f*cking kids morbid fascination...tut tut

charles manson was genuinley clever and talented.

the songs:
girl look at your game
sick city
big iron door
mechanical man

and the talking track i should kill all of you is interesting. has anyone else heard much of his stuff (as it is old now but i like it) and if so do oyu like it?
you are love to me, an epiphany,
you set me free and let me be
and one day i'll be love back for you
and you can know what it feels like too.

bob fletcher

| 1,339 posts

5th Jun 2004 at 11:35 pm

bob fletcher - woop woop

woop woop

no one else like him? no? just me then? oh ok...walks off

JM

| 8,289 posts

6th Jun 2004 at 3:04 pm

Wasn't Charles Manson a serial killer?

Well, he did have one good song. So good i can't remember the title.

Insert sanity here

| 244 posts

6th Jun 2004 at 3:37 pm

Insert sanity here - Flee from the truth

Flee from the truth

never heard of him
Burn burn the truth, the lies, the news
Burn burn the life that you cant choose
Burn burn the hate that gets you through
Burn burn for us for them for you

bob fletcher

| 1,339 posts

6th Jun 2004 at 3:54 pm

bob fletcher - woop woop

woop woop

i don't htihnk he persoannly killed anyone yeah but he's known as a serial killer

Mr_Self_Destruct

| 73 posts

6th Jun 2004 at 5:05 pm

Trippy Mushrooms

Sick City is an amazing song.Great lyrics.
As for him being a serial killer,as far as I know there was only one murder where he may have been directly involved.I'm not defending him-he was a twisted man who warped people into doing his will(the Tate murders in LA) but i'm just not sure on how many people he actually killed.Maybe none.
Didn't he also read something about Dune-buggy attack squads and racial wars in the lyrics to the White Album?
this is the dark age of love

pain like a drain on my sense of wonder,makes you wonder,how many butterflies have died in growing old and trying to please the ones they least admire?

bob fletcher

| 1,339 posts

6th Jun 2004 at 5:13 pm

bob fletcher - woop woop

woop woop

i don't know but yeah he controlled a bunch of hippies who did naked stuff, and stole dune buggies etc...apparently i think i read somewhere the manson family were responsable or could have been responsable for 24 tdeaths, again as far as i'm aware manson never killed one of them, they originally arrested him on chrges of theft (for the dune buggies)

is he still alive? if he is ...his parole hearing is in 2007...how much controversy would it be if was released?!

Mr_Self_Destruct

| 73 posts

7th Jun 2004 at 7:41 am

Trippy Mushrooms

As far as I know he is still alive.
As for the dune buggies,he believed(after interpreting the White Album) that there would be a war against white people which he would eventually save with his 'dune buggy battalion'.
As for the Family,I think they were probably a bunch of naive hippies who had had far too much LSD,but who knows?

pain like a drain on my sense of wonder,makes you wonder,how many butterflies have died in growing old and trying to please the ones they least admire?

bob fletcher

| 1,339 posts

7th Jun 2004 at 12:16 pm

bob fletcher - woop woop

woop woop

i still don't think anyone would go and just murder people without question if there wasn't some form of mind control, and if you read like a load of interviews with em they are like normal people kinda so i have to hand it to charlie, he controlled (somehow) a group of hippies and yeah. still quite scary if you think about it!

Mr_Self_Destruct

| 73 posts

8th Jun 2004 at 7:56 am

Trippy Mushrooms

Didn't the CIA (supposedly) develop LSD as a from of mind control.
He has also been surprising influential in rock music.
Marilyn Manson's 'My Monkey' is based on 'Mechanical man'.
System of a Down's 'ATWA' is taken from his philosophy of Air Trees Water Animals.
I think Guns and Roses covered one of his songs too,but I'm not sure.

Lucozade Lover

| 8,558 posts

8th Jun 2004 at 10:25 am

Lucozade Lover -

At first I was thinking of the armed robber, but he draws doesn't he and writes poetry?

bob fletcher

| 1,339 posts

8th Jun 2004 at 8:28 pm

bob fletcher - woop woop

woop woop

manson took quite alot form him. the whole portraight of an american family ws produced (and maybe recorded) i nthe tate house. and one night trent and manson were workign on the stuff and loadsa of charles manson samples just kept appearing on the trakcs they left liek straight away (pretty sh*t up as you wud b) came back next morning and they weren't there! btu yeah the name, manson did a song called dune buggy which is derived from the family stealing the buggies. etc... and yeah theres loads of manson samples on portraight...i didn't know that about system tho.

lsd was first imported from china buy skull and bones, to give to the cia, it was used by illuminati to ocntrol governments and cia etc... and then obviously got out somehow.
still going to bed with some one and regreting it is one thing, premeditated murder is another!

Lucozade Lover

| 8,558 posts

8th Jun 2004 at 9:19 pm

Lucozade Lover -

I dunno... Killernet for instance could quite easily happen. I know plenty of screwed in the head nutcases, of whom it wouldn't take much to push them over the edge. But that's students for you!

Mr_Self_Destruct

| 73 posts

9th Jun 2004 at 2:53 pm

Trippy Mushrooms

NIN's the Downward Spiral was also written and recorded at the Tate House(which Trent bought without knowing it was the Tate house).
Supposedly a lot of weird samples came on the tapes there but a lot of new (digital) equipment was being used for the first time so it could have been that.
As for the Family,perhaps they believed they would make a difference to the world...

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page