Something weird

Posted In: Music. Reading This Thread:

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

27th Apr 2004 at 11:57 am

Speaking as someone who despises hip hop...

The best song out at the moment is She Wants To Move by N*E*R*D. Also, the best couple of lyrics around are from Goldie Lookin' Chain ("Wanna be a f*cking robot after smoking too much draw") and Twista ("She's got a white-skinned friend that looks like Michael Jackson, She's got a dark-skinned friend that looks like Michael Jackson").

Spooky, non?
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

Tired/Happy

| 5,601 posts

27th Apr 2004 at 3:39 pm

Yay to the second one, and nooooooo to the first one.
"Sometimes people don't build walls to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to tear them down."
Thom is happy

Rose

| 3,316 posts

27th Apr 2004 at 4:23 pm

A very attractive man. Not me. Him.

i'm gradually getting into hip hop, still sticking to the more mainstream side of it though. i hate the twista song but that line is genius and N*E*R*D are very good indeed
Anton Chekhov - Smash Hits

Flapdoodle

| 4,238 posts

27th Apr 2004 at 8:23 pm

Flapdoodle - TO THE SEA...

TO THE SEA...

Goldie Lookin' Chain are fantastic- i saw them on Saturday night- completly hypnotizing to watch- couldn't take my eyes off their set.

aporkalypse

| 4,428 posts

28th Apr 2004 at 11:08 am

aporkalypse - rawr![/comedy finish]

rawr![/comedy finish]

the first time i heard goldie looking chain i had to run to my radio to switch it off but now its just bloody hilarious "you cant go to the shop with tin foil stuck to your face"
A firm favourite for fake alibis and general practices.

[quote author=Citizen Twiggy link=board=spam;num=1105791842;start=390#391 date=04/18/05 at 19:17:29]He said my lack of height was alright because he was looking for quirks.[/quote]

Hobbes

| 8,575 posts

28th Apr 2004 at 1:36 pm

Hobbes - the hoopiest of all the froods

the hoopiest of all the froods

Quote: Come_The_Dark_
I hear Goldie Looking Chain might collaborate with The Darkness.

Doing "Walk This Way" in a Aerosmith/Run DMC stylee? I read that it was a joke...
"I'M SIGNIFICANT!!!"
screamed the dust speck

Tired/Happy

| 5,601 posts

28th Apr 2004 at 5:09 pm

Nooooooooooo!

They CANNOT touch Walk This Way.
"Sometimes people don't build walls to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to tear them down."
Thom is happy

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page