Suggestions wanted

Posted In: Music. Reading This Thread:

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

19th Apr 2004 at 3:32 pm

Elusive Moose - Get your Antlers on

Get your Antlers on

OK, our media project got changed to something I know pretty much nothing about so I need help. It's now a 'narrative rock video' and for the research I have to analyse already existing rock videos.

In short, can anyone suggest any good narrative rock videos and/ or websites to download them from? (I'm too slow to analyse them from watching MTV and too lazy to bother recording videos and have to fast forward to find one worth doing)

Thank you
"You can't roast infants. You just don't get away with it."- a life lesson for us all.

Wife of  Phil the Lawful Hippo. Imagine the children!

The Disneyafied Adventures of Me

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

19th Apr 2004 at 3:35 pm

One of my fave videos ever is Jaded by Aerosmith, that's got quite a good narrative, although god knows where you'll download it from. Kazaa?
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

Tired/Happy

| 5,601 posts

19th Apr 2004 at 4:25 pm

Heart Shaped Box by nirvana is a good one.

You can find it on kazzaa
"Sometimes people don't build walls to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to tear them down."
Thom is happy

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

19th Apr 2004 at 5:40 pm

Elusive Moose - Get your Antlers on

Get your Antlers on

[quote=Ian_Gillans_sock_ link=1082388755/0#2 date=1082389094]You know what narrative is, right?
"You can't roast infants. You just don't get away with it."- a life lesson for us all.

Wife of  Phil the Lawful Hippo. Imagine the children!

The Disneyafied Adventures of Me

Mr_Self_Destruct

| 73 posts

20th Apr 2004 at 1:04 pm

Trippy Mushrooms

I'm Afraid of Americans by Bowie and Trent Reznor.
I suppose that has a story running through.Plus,it gives you the chance to listen to Mr Reznor.
Don't know if you'll be able to find it though.

Deep by NIN also has a story (something to do with a bank robbery If memory serves me correctly) although that's such a crap song that I wouldn't wish it inflicted on anybody.
this is the dark age of love

pain like a drain on my sense of wonder,makes you wonder,how many butterflies have died in growing old and trying to please the ones they least admire?

aporkalypse

| 4,428 posts

20th Apr 2004 at 1:10 pm

aporkalypse - rawr![/comedy finish]

rawr![/comedy finish]

the blink182 one... josie, it has that bint from charmed in it... hilarious falling down sequences.
A firm favourite for fake alibis and general practices.

[quote author=Citizen Twiggy link=board=spam;num=1105791842;start=390#391 date=04/18/05 at 19:17:29]He said my lack of height was alright because he was looking for quirks.[/quote]

Me Ves Y Sufres

| 153 posts

28th Apr 2004 at 12:19 pm

Me Ves Y Sufres - I think you're crazy..maybe

I think you're crazy..maybe

November rain by gnr...
Silver and cold by AFI
Timberwolves at new jersey - taking back sunday
Radiohead - there there

probably not rock but bla good narratives.. lol
Try Honesty

aporkalypse

| 4,428 posts

28th Apr 2004 at 12:23 pm

aporkalypse - rawr![/comedy finish]

rawr![/comedy finish]

aah taking back sunday!
A firm favourite for fake alibis and general practices.

[quote author=Citizen Twiggy link=board=spam;num=1105791842;start=390#391 date=04/18/05 at 19:17:29]He said my lack of height was alright because he was looking for quirks.[/quote]

Me Ves Y Sufres

| 153 posts

28th Apr 2004 at 12:34 pm

Radiohead do indeed! Arn't they just...awesome.. and taking back sunday... mmmm... they are such cool videos.

Theres also..

Brand new - quiet things that no one ever knows
Rammstein - sonne...kinda
Radiohead - Paranoid android
Radiohead and unkle - Rabbit in your headlights...even though that isnt really a story ish...but hes walking and gets hit by cars alot ??? wahey..
Try Honesty

Me Ves Y Sufres

| 153 posts

28th Apr 2004 at 12:40 pm

Yeah! It planted the thought into my mind that she was actually chased out of the castle by the lovely queen for taking drugs... and that the mirror and ugly appearance of the queen was just what she wanted to see because she was...mean...
Try Honesty

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page