Pseudo philosophy at gone 2 am

Posted In: Poetry + Prose. Reading This Thread:

Griff

| 764 posts

27th Apr 2009 at 12:12 am

Griff - (indoors)

(indoors)

Or Mark (Griff) is tired and wants to sound intelligent by saying words in a certain order.

Do beliefs need proof?
Can love conquer all?
Are friends on the internet any less friends that you meet in social situations?

Our dreams can be a truly great thing, giving us the power and self confidence to achieve something. But they can also be tempting annoying things that torment and betray us. They can make us happy or drive us mad. They can get us in trouble, indirectly of course. They are what we see when we sleep, and yet we forget so many of them. [highlight]I am talking out of my *rse now and need to stop. What was once a possibly good idea has been ruined by tiredness and me not knowing when to stop.
[/highlight]
The human race is an incredible thing. The body is intricate and social situations, language and knowledge are so amazing, and yet we are too busy thinking of everyday things that we never take the time to think about things like this. Unless on drugs (which I don't like to think about) or overtired, or bored. But aside from boredom, none of the other ways of realising these things are any good. Death is another reason to think about life, but it's a depressing one. Suicide is one of the most selfish things anyone can do. It's the "easy way out", leaving those still living with a lot of cleaning up to do, the family and friends to grieve, the finder of the body to bear. Jumping in front of something is something the driver has to live with for the rest of their life, but the commiter of the selfish act doesn't have to. Or in a way they do. It's not fair. Too many people die in this world that the lives we all live and endure together and alone should be precious. We live in the better parts of this world in terms of most of our lives aren't sh*t, and yet I, among many people, complain about it. I can't understand how unbelievably ridiculous I am for worrying about feeling alone, just because no one's around me, or they have something genuinely better to do; when all around the world bad things are happening that are truly bad and worth being upset about. Most of us don't know we're born, and no we shouldn't and won't and can't change, but it's just something maybe to think about, I don't know, I'm bloody tired and turning insomniac-like. Sorry for this block of text. I need to get it out. Pressing cancel will make this worse. I am an attention seeker and I can't help it. Not without effort at least.

Please talk about the original thoughts thing though, like philosphical ones, not just whether one is wearing matching socks. A person, not one of the original thoughts. I want to sound interesting.
[http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/3580/99b13b914a1d02c13011793.gif]

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page