uponthetelegram

| 0 posts

24th Aug 2002 at 1:27 pm

2+2=5

Edited by uponthetelegram Oct 2002

uponthetelegram

| 0 posts

24th Aug 2002 at 2:43 pm

I welcome reviews, thoughts and ideas relating to this, the first of my 'proper' poems.

| 2,016 posts

26th Aug 2002 at 12:23 am

Quote: uponthetelegram_
I welcome reviews, thoughts and ideas relating to this, the first of my 'proper' poems.

I quite like this, but one thing, I can't figure out what "Channel 7" is referring to.
Triptoheaveandhoupdowntoandfroyouhaveno
wordtriptriptoadreamdragonhideyourwingsina
ghosttowersailscacklingateveryplatewebreak
krackedbyscatteredneedlesthelittleminute
goNg

uponthetelegram

| 0 posts

28th Aug 2002 at 1:17 pm

Channel 7 is the Hypnotist's Channel.

Been training dogs

| 4,685 posts

28th Aug 2002 at 1:19 pm

The rythm is quite disjointed, with the second two lines rhyming which is very irregular. I suppose it adds to the poem's originality? (I'm trying to be a literature boffin here but it's not working )
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.

http://www.cco.net/~jpete/deepthou.htm

uponthetelegram

| 0 posts

28th Aug 2002 at 1:27 pm

Yeah, I know. Hence the reason it's a poem and not a song (as it was going to be).

Been training dogs

| 4,685 posts

28th Aug 2002 at 1:29 pm

If you could come up with some decent psychadelic music for it it would be ace. I'd try, but ( ) I've just sold my guitar and I'm not getting a new one till some time in september.

*cries once more*

Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.

uponthetelegram

| 0 posts

28th Aug 2002 at 1:55 pm

I decided against the guitar. And decided on a four track recorded. I went to by the four track recorder. Sold out. So I wasted all my money on a new deck (cos I'd pogoed my old one to death), clothes and videos and even CD's.

Been training dogs

| 4,685 posts

28th Aug 2002 at 2:01 pm

Wow, i wasted some money on clothes recently coz of the new dress code at school.

I look like a f*cking school prefect!

uponthetelegram

| 0 posts

28th Aug 2002 at 2:11 pm

With your results, I'm suprised you're not a prefect!

uponthetelegram

| 0 posts

28th Aug 2002 at 2:11 pm

Anyhow, enough of that, I still welcome comments, review, etc, on this poem I wrote.

uponthetelegram

| 0 posts

30th Aug 2002 at 4:40 pm

One of the only decent poems Ive written... A good poem - but could still be improved.

clivey_baby

| 0 posts

8th Sept 2002 at 1:42 pm

i like
made me think, well ponder

uponthetelegram

| 0 posts

9th Oct 2002 at 2:32 pm

It didn't exist

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page