Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

15th Aug 2014 at 8:04 am

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Quote: the doc, Aug 2014
Quote: Rayanne Graff, Aug 2014
I'm listening to Blind Lemon Jefferson for the first time in a f*cking age, and Jamie is showing up online.....spooky

Jamie was here yesterday as well, so perhaps that's what made you listen to Blind Lemon Jefferson.

Smart a*se

(Thanks very much for the card and the biscuits, btw - absolutely delicious. I meant to PM you but with everything else that's been going on it kinda slipped my mind)

It's all right.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

15th Aug 2014 at 8:49 am

Πανδώρα -

Re: page 8 thank you, ladies
I've taken my head for a shake since then and remembered that just getting on with stuff is one of the best ways to feel less like a three legged cart horse pulling a trailer of well rotted manure.

(and the fact that I can now see my bedroom floor and.walls,.rather than one being covered in general Sh*te, and the other lined with all the dresses I'd failed to put away makes dragging my Butt out of bed that much easier)

Shall be busying myself with woodwork and actually going to the gym today. Hopefully. Though I get the feeling that despite having given out money for fuel with the express intention that it is to be used for driving me up there, I'm unlikely to get a lift
lift.

*burp*

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

15th Aug 2014 at 11:07 am

Πανδώρα -

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

>_<
*burp*

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

15th Aug 2014 at 11:39 am

Πανδώρα -

Oh... Right. Turns out I forgot to take my meds three days running. That might explain the beeping ARRAARRRGHHRARRGHH brain
*burp*

Debs|OWA

| 6,513 posts

15th Aug 2014 at 3:56 pm

Debs|OWA - Scree

Scree

I ate my Mango Chutney Chasni too fast and now I have a tummy ache

the doc

| 23,161 posts

15th Aug 2014 at 6:56 pm

the doc -

Quote: Carpet Remnant, Aug 2014
Quote: Emma, Aug 2014
Quote: Cooder, Aug 2014
I'm going to assume some of you remember the VR Food Club? Them were the days

I had forgotten about Food Club but then I was looking through old PMs and saw a reference to it and was like "ohhhhhhhhhh I remember food club!"
They were the days.

Did you come to see the Wildhearts with me, Emma and Gary? That was around about that time. I was f*cking deaf when I came out of that gig.

No, I'm pretty sure I've never seen The Wildhearts :-(
I saw Iron & Wine, The Gutter Twins and...Biffy Clyro with you!

Biffy! That was it. Was totally wrecked and got asked to do a station ident vy some radio lass - "Hi. I'm the Doc, and I'm getting some Biffy on with Xfm Manchester....." The Academy was in bits so if you wanted a p*ss there were loads of portable ones outside, that was that night, wasn't it?

Gutter Twins was a brilliant show. Sh*tting hell man, it's f*cking donkeys years ago, that. 2008, I think. F*ck.

Yep! I remember the portaloos. That might have been the first gig I ever really went to.
The Gutter Twins were amazing, such presence. I remember them stopping the show to threaten people filming.

I had forgotten the portaloos!! I dunno how though, they were memorable. Then we went to 42s after, there's a photo of me holding 3 bottles of Desperados from that night...

What a night! That definitely wasn't my first time in 42s.

I thought we went to 42s after Iron and Wine? Marton was there. And Emma was smoking.....after Biffy we all got sh*tfaced on Strongbow and did Singstar at the flat and kept Alice up all night, I think. Fee was at that one too, don't remember her coming to Iron and Wine. And the Gutter Twins was just me, Ania and George, I think. I was driving that night so I was sober

Claire

| 15,814 posts

16th Aug 2014 at 5:38 pm

Claire - Darren is most certainly not my god!

Darren is most certainly not my god!

Sudden urge to dye hair...
Coloured Lilac And Insults Rarely E(Anymore)

Quote: Claire, Jun 2005
Basically, I'm just mangling and regurgitating what everyone's already said.

I’m really glad that the quote in my signature is a teenager.
Joint best Mod 2009. Officials.

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

Emma

| 9,777 posts

16th Aug 2014 at 5:47 pm

Emma - EXTREME!

EXTREME!

Quote: Emma, Aug 2014
I'm going to assume some of you remember the VR Food Club? Them were the days

I had forgotten about Food Club but then I was looking through old PMs and saw a reference to it and was like "ohhhhhhhhhh I remember food club!"
They were the days.

Did you come to see the Wildhearts with me, Emma and Gary? That was around about that time. I was f*cking deaf when I came out of that gig.

No, I'm pretty sure I've never seen The Wildhearts :-(
I saw Iron & Wine, The Gutter Twins and...Biffy Clyro with you!

Biffy! That was it. Was totally wrecked and got asked to do a station ident vy some radio lass - "Hi. I'm the Doc, and I'm getting some Biffy on with Xfm Manchester....." The Academy was in bits so if you wanted a p*ss there were loads of portable ones outside, that was that night, wasn't it?

Gutter Twins was a brilliant show. Sh*tting hell man, it's f*cking donkeys years ago, that. 2008, I think. F*ck.

Yep! I remember the portaloos. That might have been the first gig I ever really went to.
The Gutter Twins were amazing, such presence. I remember them stopping the show to threaten people filming.

I had forgotten the portaloos!! I dunno how though, they were memorable. Then we went to 42s after, there's a photo of me holding 3 bottles of Desperados from that night...

What a night! That definitely wasn't my first time in 42s.

I thought we went to 42s after Iron and Wine? Marton was there. And Emma was smoking.....after Biffy we all got sh*tfaced on Strongbow and did Singstar at the flat and kept Alice up all night, I think. Fee was at that one too, don't remember her coming to Iron and Wine. And the Gutter Twins was just me, Ania and George, I think. I was driving that night so I was sober

You know what I think you're right!! 42s was after Iron & Wine... Biffy was the night Fee laughed at all the people waiting for the bus to work as she walked home...
Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

16th Aug 2014 at 9:51 pm

Πανδώρα -

Quote: Claire, Aug 2014

BLUE
*burp*

Debs|OWA

| 6,513 posts

17th Aug 2014 at 11:57 am

Debs|OWA - Scree

Scree

I got that last night too! Suddenly wanted blue hair again!

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

17th Aug 2014 at 2:12 pm

Πανδώρα -

I want to dye my hair, but it won't dye
*burp*

Vel

| 23,203 posts

17th Aug 2014 at 3:50 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

I've lost 6lb this week.

Bit extreme.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Puffalump

| 22,943 posts

17th Aug 2014 at 4:05 pm

Puffalump - Because cake is happiness

Because cake is happiness

Quote: Maeby, Aug 2014
I've lost 6lb this week.

Bit extreme.

I recommend you have the left over pizza for tea and those chocolate twisty things.

Hope the mouse hasn't resurfaced!

x
Wife of the lovely Alice

Vel

| 23,203 posts

17th Aug 2014 at 4:15 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

I will try.

Can't really stomach food though.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Vel

| 23,203 posts

17th Aug 2014 at 4:52 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

If I had any energy, I guess I'd feel angry. Seriously, 5 minute home visits from the Crisis Team. Is that supposed to be any good for anyone?

I give up. Just let me sleep.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Vel

| 23,203 posts

18th Aug 2014 at 1:35 am

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

I need a hug.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Puffalump

| 22,943 posts

18th Aug 2014 at 7:41 am

Puffalump - Because cake is happiness

Because cake is happiness

I need a hug.

*Hugggggggggg*
Wife of the lovely Alice

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

18th Aug 2014 at 8:27 am

Carpet Remnant -

Quote: Puffalump, Aug 2014
I need a hug.

*Hugggggggggg*

*GROUP HUG*

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

18th Aug 2014 at 8:49 am

Πανδώρα -

Quote: Puffalump, Aug 2014
I need a hug.

*Hugggggggggg*

*GROUP HUG*
*burp*

TinyShine

| 2,144 posts

18th Aug 2014 at 10:09 am

TinyShine -

Quote: Rayanne Graff, Dec 2013
I've locked the previous thread so here's a new one.

Also, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

[Angel.gif]

Can't post without quoting!

Now thinking there is a picture of me wearing a waistcoat in the gallery....What was I thinking?! ;-p

Sarah xx

Claire

| 15,814 posts

18th Aug 2014 at 2:18 pm

You can't? Do you not have the little reply business in the bottom right corner?

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

TinyShine

| 2,144 posts

18th Aug 2014 at 2:55 pm

TinyShine -

You can't? Do you not have the little reply business in the bottom right corner?

Nope!

Hence the quoting again hehe. I am on my phone though, maybe that's why?!

Sarah xx

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

18th Aug 2014 at 2:59 pm

Carpet Remnant -

Quote: TinyShine, Aug 2014

Nope!

Sarah xx

I can only see it on the far right of the black bar when I zoom the page out as far as it'll go on my phone, have you tried that?

Claire

| 15,814 posts

18th Aug 2014 at 3:09 pm

Nope!

Sarah xx

Yeah that'll be why. Nice to see you on here, anyway

Debs|OWA

| 6,513 posts

18th Aug 2014 at 6:40 pm

Debs|OWA - Scree

Scree

Call queue = 6
*2 mins later*
Call queue = 106

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

18th Aug 2014 at 6:43 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

Like f*ck am I paying any f*cking attention to any anti-vaccination crackpots.

Starman

| 4,265 posts

18th Aug 2014 at 8:20 pm

Starman - Between your experience and my hypomania, we can do anything

Between your experience and my hypomania, we can do anything

What variety of anti-vaxxers did you encounter?

Sorry, pet hate.

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

18th Aug 2014 at 9:22 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

Quote: Bouncebackability, Aug 2014

Sorry, pet hate.

My father-in-laws next door neighbour, her son is severely autistic and she is rabidly fanatical about vaccines causing, despite having no evidence. She's a f*cking lunatic.

Problem is my Mrs is on the hippy side of things and lends some of the stuff credence when it doesn't deserve it...

Debs|OWA

| 6,513 posts

18th Aug 2014 at 9:54 pm

Debs|OWA - Scree

Scree

Sorry, pet hate.

My father-in-laws next door neighbour, her son is severely autistic and she is rabidly fanatical about vaccines causing, despite having no evidence. She's a f*cking lunatic.

Problem is my Mrs is on the hippy side of things and lends some of the stuff credence when it doesn't deserve it...

I'm fairly sure the autism link was disproved and the doctor behind it lost his license for falsifying his findings? There is literally no link to it.
I hate anti-vax people

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

18th Aug 2014 at 10:04 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

Quote: Tiggs, Aug 2014

Sorry, pet hate.

I'm fairly sure the autism link was disproved and the doctor behind it lost his license for falsifying his findings? There is literally no link to it.
I hate anti-vax people

Yep, he was a f*cking scam merchant, sickening that people still believe it all.

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

18th Aug 2014 at 11:47 pm

Carpet Remnant -

Sorry, pet hate.

I hate anti-vax people

Yep, he was a f*cking scam merchant, sickening that people still believe it all.

It's astonishing to me that people continue to believe all this despite the none-evidence that existed being thoroughly disproven.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

19th Aug 2014 at 12:06 am

Πανδώρα -

I will never understand what in the world ever possesses anyone to decide to have their face tattooed.
*burp*

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

19th Aug 2014 at 12:06 am

Πανδώρα -

I will never understand what in the world ever possesses anyone to decide to have their face tattooed.
*burp*

Starman

| 4,265 posts

19th Aug 2014 at 1:01 am

Starman - Between your experience and my hypomania, we can do anything

Between your experience and my hypomania, we can do anything

Sorry, pet hate.

I hate anti-vax people

It's astonishing to me that people continue to believe all this despite the none-evidence that existed being thoroughly disproven.

He wrote up 12 case studies and claimed because some kids with autism had had the MMR it caused it
Took blood samples without permission for kids at his sons birthday party
Had a patent for a measles-only vaccine

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

19th Aug 2014 at 1:09 am

Carpet Remnant -

Sorry, pet hate.

I hate anti-vax people

He wrote up 12 case studies and claimed because some kids with autism had had the MMR it caused it

Have you read Bad Science by Ben Goldacre? It contains a really insightful chapter analyzing the whole issue and dissecting the wrongheadedness of it all. I've forgotten a lot of what I read though, I've had it installed on my Kindle for a second reading for ages. I really should get around to it

Vel

| 23,203 posts

19th Aug 2014 at 3:01 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

There was already a measles-only vaccine, wasn't there? I'm pretty sure I had it because my dad's epileptic so I wasn't allowed the MMR until I was 19. Not via my parents, but via the NHS because they were afraid it'd cause complications.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

TinyShine

| 2,144 posts

19th Aug 2014 at 3:44 pm

TinyShine -

Sorry, pet hate.

I hate anti-vax people

I think a lot of parents with children who have Autism latch on to the MMR theory because signs of Autism begin to emerge at around the age the child receives the vaccination...That's purely because the child isn't reaching the social and communication milestones they should be for that age and prior to that the parent may not have noticed anything 'different' about their child.

I work with children with varying diagnoses and quite often the parent will have a strange theory as to why their child is that way. Many of these theories have no evidence whatsoever to support them...But people like to have a reason, they want to know WHY their child is different. They desperately want to find something that means they are not to blame (when of course they never were). It is sad. I think they think if they can find a reason for why it happened then they will find a cure

Sarah xx

Lianne

| 9,643 posts

19th Aug 2014 at 7:30 pm

Sorry, pet hate.

I hate anti-vax people

I think a lot of parents with children who have Autism latch on to the MMR theory because signs of Autism begin to emerge at around the age the child receives the vaccination...That's purely because the child isn't reaching the social and communication milestones they should be for that age and prior to that the parent may not have noticed anything 'different' about their child.

I work with children with varying diagnoses and quite often the parent will have a strange theory as to why their child is that way. Many of these theories have no evidence whatsoever to support them...But people like to have a reason, they want to know WHY their child is different. They desperately want to find something that means they are not to blame (when of course they never were). It is sad. I think they think if they can find a reason for why it happened then they will find a cure

Sarah xx

My Dad has 2 autistic children out of 5 of us, we were all vaccinated. His opinion is "autism causes autism. some kids will be autistic, some kids won't, it's just what fate hands to you, and you deal with it"

Vel

| 23,203 posts

19th Aug 2014 at 8:53 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

This girl I know called Sharon just won't leave me alone (online). I don't have the heart to block her, but she KNOWS what has happened and keeps chuntering on about this guy she likes and whether he likes her or not and I just do not have the energy for that.

If I could turn back time, I would do so many things differently this year.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

20th Aug 2014 at 5:44 am

Jewbacca -

I think we all feel that way about some things in the past. I know you can pull through though, you're more than strong enough having had your fair share of these experiences. Sharon sounds like a drain though
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

the doc

| 23,161 posts

20th Aug 2014 at 7:49 pm

the doc -

This girl I know called Sharon just won't leave me alone (online). I don't have the heart to block her, but she KNOWS what has happened and keeps chuntering on about this guy she likes and whether he likes her or not and I just do not have the energy for that.

If I could turn back time, I would do so many things differently this year.

Blockblockblock. Save your mental energy for the stuff you really need it for at the minute.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

20th Aug 2014 at 8:31 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Thanks

As withering looks don't translate well online, I have just decided to ignore her for a bit.

I have this horrible feeling that I'm the protagonist in a sh*tty novel - either a Choose Your Own Adventure (turn to p.38 to see your group's fate: hint, everybody dies), or a tragedy. I have no hope any more. 2014, you broke me.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Vel

| 23,203 posts

20th Aug 2014 at 9:38 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

F*ck that. I actually live on Wisteria Lane.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Emma

| 9,777 posts

20th Aug 2014 at 10:12 pm

Emma - EXTREME!

EXTREME!

F*ck that. I actually live on Wisteria Lane.

... and it's a f*cking long Lane that stretches all the way up to Glossop!
Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Vel

| 23,203 posts

20th Aug 2014 at 10:33 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Aren't we supposed to AT LEAST get some hot gardeners? AT LEAST?!!
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

the doc

| 23,161 posts

20th Aug 2014 at 10:38 pm

the doc -

I used to work as a gardener

(killed the entire lawn at the place i was working at, blamed it on a hot summer, then reaped the praise for rescuing it back to greenness, when all I did was wait for it to grow back again )

Debs|OWA

| 6,513 posts

20th Aug 2014 at 10:40 pm

Debs|OWA - Scree

Scree

I need to stop impulse buying.
I just bought an A1 album simply because I made a tweet saying my fringe looks like Ben from A1 right now ¬_¬

Vel

| 23,203 posts

20th Aug 2014 at 10:45 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

(killed the entire lawn at the place i was working at, blamed it on a hot summer, then reaped the praise for rescuing it back to greenness, when all I did was wait for it to grow back again )

Council employee?
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

the doc

| 23,161 posts

20th Aug 2014 at 10:52 pm

the doc -

Council employee?

Nah, I were working for Anchor Housing at the time. Looking after old folks

Vel

| 23,203 posts

20th Aug 2014 at 10:59 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

I bet you wore L'eau du swede ...
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: