There you are, mofos. Post your joy.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

24th Apr 2012 at 12:59 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Masturbation makes me as happy as f*cking Barry, because I am f*cking Barry
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

24th Apr 2012 at 1:48 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Also, this thread title was suggested in December of 2009.

The fiancé bought me a small strawberry cheesecake and a small strawberry sponge cake.

i went for a walk and saw a black and yellow bird.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

24th Apr 2012 at 5:24 pm

Πανδώρα -

Quote: Bryan Johnson, Apr 2012
Masturbation makes me as happy as f*cking Barry, because I am f*cking Barry

It is truly magical.
Nothing can compare.
Not even gio compario.

I just had an ice-cream, also possible girly holiday later in the year
Whoop. Just need a deal to come up
*burp*

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

24th Apr 2012 at 9:56 pm

Πανδώρα -

Duggies
*burp*

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

25th Apr 2012 at 2:15 pm

River Phoenix

the doc

| 23,161 posts

28th Apr 2012 at 5:05 pm

the doc -

Finished work for the weekend, missus is away so got three days to sit here and get baked in front of the snooker.

Also, apparently that house is going to be ours in two weeks

Alec

| 1,347 posts

29th Apr 2012 at 9:41 am

Alec - Bing Bong Changes

Bing Bong Changes

I have placed a booking fee on a flat. I'm finally moving out of my mum's place for a second time. And for good, I hope!

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

29th Apr 2012 at 9:56 am

River Phoenix

The fiancé bought me chocolate raisins. And i found 20p on Thursday.

Bob Flapper

| 5,002 posts

29th Apr 2012 at 3:11 pm

Bob Flapper - Me?!

Me?!

Got a gig at The Comedy Store on a pro night

the doc

| 23,161 posts

30th Apr 2012 at 12:48 am

the doc -

My good buddy Phillip the Second has blagged some money out of a production company to go to Iraq and make a documentary about women's rights over there. He's not even graduated frrom uni yet

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

1st May 2012 at 1:58 am

Πανδώρα -

The lass i got Callie off a couple of years back sent me a message on facebook tonight, she's got a double hutch she doesn't need any more so it's mine if i want it

Sisters partner needs a hutch for his rabbits, so we were just pricing up the ones in pets at home tonight, no need to now, just have to find some way of collecting it. good times

Also, Avengers Assemble was freakin' AWESOME.

Vue vip seating... Not so much.
*burp*

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

1st May 2012 at 2:16 pm

River Phoenix

Puffalump

| 22,943 posts

1st May 2012 at 4:56 pm

Puffalump - Because cake is happiness

Because cake is happiness

Hard day at work, but I have a gorgeous chef in my kitchen sorting my tea before I head off for Spanish.

Yay!
Wife of the lovely Alice

the doc

| 23,161 posts

1st May 2012 at 5:07 pm

the doc -

MY lady is coming back from Belgium tonight.

It's always fun to have her away and get smashed for a few days, but it's always even nicer at the end of it when she comes back.

Claire

| 15,814 posts

4th May 2012 at 12:36 pm

Claire - Darren is most certainly not my god!

Darren is most certainly not my god!

Emma's birthday this evening Makes me even more happy because my Nanna was rushed to hospital at the beginning of the week and I thought she'd be too ill for me to go away, but apparently my Nanna is made of titanium and despite scaring the crap out of me is getting better, so I can go and I get to see awesome people and Andrew's off work and coming too and YAY
Coloured Lilac And Insults Rarely E(Anymore)

Quote: Claire, Jun 2005
Basically, I'm just mangling and regurgitating what everyone's already said.

I’m really glad that the quote in my signature is a teenager.
Joint best Mod 2009. Officials.

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

4th May 2012 at 6:03 pm

River Phoenix

The fiancé bought me aloe vera deodorant, some small triple layer chocolate cakes and a chocolate brownie sundae. Also, i saw a squirrel yesterday.

Puffalump

| 22,943 posts

4th May 2012 at 6:28 pm

Puffalump - Because cake is happiness

Because cake is happiness

It is FRIDAY. No more work until TUESDAY
Wife of the lovely Alice

wombat

| 8,154 posts

6th May 2012 at 11:30 am

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

It was good walking out of work with a legitimate reason to say 'See you next Tuesday!'
Southern hemispherical rat boy

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

6th May 2012 at 2:09 pm

River Phoenix

i saw a snail yesterday. Taking Pearl for a walk today was fun and i saw a butterfly.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

6th May 2012 at 5:09 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Quote: wombat, May 2012
It was good walking out of work with a legitimate reason to say 'See you next Tuesday!'

I always giggle when I hear people saying that. Had to explain to my colleagues what it meant though...
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

the doc

| 23,161 posts

8th May 2012 at 8:41 pm

the doc -

Quote: Maeby, May 2012
Quote: wombat, May 2012

I always giggle when I hear people saying that. Had to explain to my colleagues what it meant though...

I was in Brighton years ago the first time I heard it.

My other favourite one is when I skive off work and leave early - I tell people I have some private urgent business to attend to

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

10th May 2012 at 8:34 pm

River Phoenix

The fiancé bought me Gu ganache mini puddings and a chocolate doughnut. And his mother bought me strawberry sweets. Also, i found 5p.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

12th May 2012 at 12:13 am

Πανδώρα -

"The Master race"
I forgot about that completely!

John Simm very possibly looks like he's having too much fun in those dresses...

Wish i had a full chicken to eat like a depraved chimpanzee
*burp*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

12th May 2012 at 8:45 am

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Hare, May 2012
"The Master race"

My favourite part is The Doctor cocking the gun each time he turns around. Dramatic b*st*rd. Plus, pretty sure he was holding the trigger down the whole time too. Think the gun might have been broken

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

12th May 2012 at 12:35 pm

Πανδώρα -

Quote: The Other Doc, May 2012
"The Master race"

My favourite part is The Doctor cocking the gun each time he turns around. Dramatic b*st*rd. Plus, pretty sure he was holding the trigger down the whole time too. Think the gun might have been broken

That's what i thought too... And it wasn't just in one shot either...
I spent most of the episode wanting to touch his lips anyway
Goddamn. I've never noticed before, but those are some nice looking lips...
*burp*

the doc

| 23,161 posts

15th May 2012 at 8:06 pm

the doc -

Watched the City game on Sunday. With a Utd fan. Sorry to .Phil if you're reading this, but it was funny as f*ck. Not for Sidecar though.

Went to a really bang on gig in the evening an all, although I was that f*cking smashed I can't remember a whole lot about it come to think of it.

Also, I'm very happy that Aimz has been posting a bit more of late. It's nice to have her back.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

15th May 2012 at 10:13 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Quote: the doc, May 2012
Watched the City game on Sunday. With a Utd fan. Sorry to .Phil if you're reading this, but it was funny as f*ck. Not for Sidecar though.

Went to a really bang on gig in the evening an all, although I was that f*cking smashed I can't remember a whole lot about it come to think of it.

Also, I'm very happy that Aimz has been posting a bit more of late. It's nice to have her back.

I really hoped QPR would hang on.

Anyone for improving Tevez's looks with a glassing?
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

16th May 2012 at 10:01 pm

River Phoenix

The fiancé bought me Belgian chocolate eclairs and Cadbury Mini Rolls.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

17th May 2012 at 6:09 pm

I aim to misbehave

Hehe, I just saw the forum page.

*screenshotted*

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

18th May 2012 at 12:26 am

Πανδώρα -

It is a Barry enjoyable sight
*burp*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

18th May 2012 at 8:30 am

I aim to misbehave

It is a Barry enjoyable sight

One of the best abuses of mod powers ever. Really raised the Barry

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

18th May 2012 at 8:38 am

I aim to misbehave

In other news, Stewart Lee last night was f*cking fantastic. Great show, and he dealt with hecklers better than I've ever seen him do before. Stupid mouthy c*nts though. One woman even got thrown out. She started shouting something repeatedly, leading to Lee repeatedly replying "Huh? What?". She came up to the stage and when he put the microphone down to her, she said "You're cute" and went to try get up on the stage.

It's a comedy show. It is designed to be funny. You chose to come to it. There is no need to shout anything out. There is no need to talk during it. Sit down, shut up and listen. The reason you didn't understand the joke was because you weren't f*cking listening.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

19th May 2012 at 11:40 am

River Phoenix

i went for a walk and i saw a squirrel.

James

| 315 posts

21st May 2012 at 10:14 am

James -

I saw Suggs at the airport. Suggs! I've been a massive Madness fan my whole life, and there was Graham McPherson, just behind me in the queue to get across the border, moaning about customs in that rich voice that's gotten more middle class over the years. I didn't want to geek up his night, so I let him be, but it absolutely made a long, long day's travelling better.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

21st May 2012 at 11:51 am

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Walt Flanagan, May 2012
I saw Suggs at the airport. Suggs! I've been a massive Madness fan my whole life, and there was Graham McPherson, just behind me in the queue to get across the border, moaning about customs in that rich voice that's gotten more middle class over the years. I didn't want to geek up his night, so I let him be, but it absolutely made a long, long day's travelling better.

I met Stewart Lee after the show and got a book signed. I was hoping this would be a great "I met a famous person story", but it isn't. Here's how the conversation went:

Me: Hey
Stew: Hi, thanks for coming. What's your name?
Me: Barry
Stew: Is that with a -y or an -ie?
Me: -y (Stew begins to sign book).... -ie?
Stew: Yeah, you'd be surprised how many people spell it that way. I always check just in case. It's a lisdningiranmvasihfglarbv;aos (I couldn't understand what he said) (Stew laughs)
Me: ... haha... Cheers, really enjoyed the show.

My one and only conversation with a famous person, someone I truly like and admire, a comedian no less, who made himself laugh during our brief encounter and I couldn't even understand what he said. Hence, not a great story.

It might never have worked out between you and Suggs. Just be glad you saw him and were that close to him.

James

| 315 posts

21st May 2012 at 12:04 pm

James -

Quote: Steve-Dave, May 2012
Quote: Walt Flanagan, May 2012

I met Stewart Lee after the show and got a book signed. I was hoping this would be a great "I met a famous person story", but it isn't. Here's how the conversation went:

Me: Hey
Stew: Hi, thanks for coming. What's your name?
Me: Barry
Stew: Is that with a -y or an -ie?
Me: -y (Stew begins to sign book).... -ie?
Stew: Yeah, you'd be surprised how many people spell it that way. I always check just in case. It's a lisdningiranmvasihfglarbv;aos (I couldn't understand what he said) (Stew laughs)
Me: ... haha... Cheers, really enjoyed the show.

My one and only conversation with a famous person, someone I truly like and admire, a comedian no less, who made himself laugh during our brief encounter and I couldn't even understand what he said. Hence, not a great story.

It might never have worked out between you and Suggs. Just be glad you saw him and were that close to him.

He seems really nice in real life. I listened to 90s Comedian on the plane last night, and just got reminded of what a fantastic artist he really is, his control of an audience, of mood and tone is above anyone else. My favourite of his is still 41st Best Stand Up, which is probably the most pure and sustained stand up I've ever seen. His book's great; I ordered the little leaflet about Milder Comedian, but I missed the postman and couldn't be bothered walking down to the post office.

The TV shows are great, but I'm a little concerned that he's heading out of my wheelhouse. His sense of humour might be getting too meta for me, which I'm fine with because I really do feel like I'm following someone important, but as a fan, I guess I want him to stay in the period that suits me best - that 41st era.

Was it straight up funny last night, or more head-y?

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

21st May 2012 at 1:46 pm

I aim to misbehave

Actually, if I had to compare it to one of his previous DVDs, it probably would be closest to 41st Best Stand Up. There was a fair bit of meta stuff, though it's hard to tell how much of that was structured into the show and how much was responding to hecklers.

It's hard to judge the balance of funny versus clever as stand up is always funnier when you're actually there. He definitely wasn't dumbed down, but it wasn't as meta/head-y as Milder Comedian and some of the TV episodes. That being said, it was still very, very clever. I watched 90's Comedian and 41st Best Stand Up over the weekend too, and had watched Stand Up Comedy about two weeks ago. He does seem to be finding more of a middle ground (41st-type comedy) while verging into funny and head-y occasionally.

James

| 315 posts

21st May 2012 at 1:52 pm

James -

That's very heartening. Looking forward to his new DVD, whenever it may come.

the doc

| 23,161 posts

21st May 2012 at 6:59 pm

the doc -

Great weekend.

Milk Music absolutely slayed on Friday. Got utterly wasted with them afterwards , then headed back to Sidecar's for a smoke and ended the night faceplanting myself into a big puddle in the gutter outside my house at two a.m. Managed to not smash the rare and delicate vinyl I'd bought from the band at the gig as well. Result.

Unscathed at work on Saturday, then proceeded to get stoned sh*tless with Sidecar and Phil till four a.m. The only thing that spoilt it was Chelsea winning (John Terry you are a f*cking disgrace and an embarrassment to football) but I was that f*cked that by the time I floated home I'd forgotten the whole thing ever happened.

And yesterday was spent reading, listening to TMS, drinking tea and basically not leaving the sofa

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

21st May 2012 at 7:23 pm

Πανδώρα -

Had a really good afternoon out with the Anus & the dogs
Wander down to the river, walked along the bank, by the cycle track meeting loads of really cute little dogs (one was a papillon/pomeranian/chihuahua mix, absolutely gorgeous, his ears were amazing) who Jake was really good with as well, despite them jumping up at him.
We went for a wander down to the museum gardens, sat with the mutts on her brothers bench for a while, had a slow wander back up the river with an ice cream
Jake decided once again to roll in a big stinking muddy puddle, but he had a good swim afterwards which got rid of most of it.
When they'd had enough swimming we had a sit down and a natter on the grass with a beer.
Good times.
Even Goof was fetching balls out of the water, and she's never played with a ball in her life.
The weather was really nice too, couldn't have really asked for a better day
*burp*

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

21st May 2012 at 7:28 pm

River Phoenix

The fiancé bought me passion fruit, mango and Scottish raspberry cheesecake and scones.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

21st May 2012 at 7:32 pm

Πανδώρα -

Oh yeah, and tea tonight was chips, cheese, beans & gravy

It's like being at school all over again
*burp*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

22nd May 2012 at 1:56 pm

I aim to misbehave

Woo Hoo! Almost €300 in mileage paid into my account. Badly needed as I was running out of money between car insurance, car test, car tax, 4 new tyres for the car, diesel for the car, new air freshener for the car (Black Ice), and I also bought myself a Cornetto one day.

Wonder where all my money is going to?

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

22nd May 2012 at 1:58 pm

River Phoenix

i saw two butterflies today.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

22nd May 2012 at 2:00 pm

I aim to misbehave

If you ever invite me around to your house for tea... Don't invite me over to your house for tea.

While my hatred of cheese has subsided somewhat over the past few months, I still detest beans, and can only imagine cheese would not make them any better. In fact, I imagine they could only possibly make them worse; the notion of which actually terrifies me.

Y'know, glad you enjoyed n' all... but... bleurgh...

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

22nd May 2012 at 2:09 pm

I aim to misbehave

F*ck, now that I think about it, I did spend just over €500 on the car this month without even adding in the cost of diesel (about €65 each week).

Just bad timing. Insurance has to be renewed every May, just bad luck that my tax was also up this month and I had to get the NCT (MOT) this month too. Next month should be better (though still have to try save some money)

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

22nd May 2012 at 2:52 pm

Πανδώρα -

Quote: Steve-Dave, May 2012

If you ever invite me around to your house for tea... Don't invite me over to your house for tea.

While my hatred of cheese has subsided somewhat over the past few months, I still detest beans, and can only imagine cheese would not make them any better. In fact, I imagine they could only possibly make them worse; the notion of which actually terrifies me.

Y'know, glad you enjoyed n' all... but... bleurgh...

Haha, i do actually cook nice food for other people
It's just easier to throw stodge like that at myself if i'm only feeding me

But then again, if you're not keen on cheese, watching my mum eat a mountain of the stuff on top of just about anything you put in front of her would likely have you running out the door...
(she's even started heaping it on mashed potato now :/)

Speaking of which though, i'm happy right now that she's finally f*cked off to work.
She's lost her voice, which would normally be a blessing, but she's just wheezed on and bloody on today, trying to sing & saying it's funny.
YOU'RE NOT FUNNY MAM. GO AWAY.
*burp*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

22nd May 2012 at 2:56 pm

I aim to misbehave

Ah, mother humour. The least funny of all the humours.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

23rd May 2012 at 8:58 am

River Phoenix

i found 1p.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: