Things that make you happy as f***ing Barry

Posted In: Spam. Reading This Thread:

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

30th Apr 2020 at 7:20 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Finished college project last night. Woke up this morning realising there's something I just probably add, so took a quick look at it and realised there was something I hadn't spotted that I should analyse in it. So just spent the last 3 hours adding some great stuff to it.

It's either the best school/college/work thing I've ever done, or it's laughably bad and I don't know what I'm doing. The trouble with having lecturers who are actually experts in their field is that you can't bullsh*t them (unlike when I was actually in college years ago and some of the lecturers were learning what they were teaching us about 2 weeks ahead of us). But I'm happy with it for now anyway. If I'd applied myself like this in college, I'd be in exactly the same place I am now but maybe I'd have had a bit less imposter syndrome over the years.

Final module starts tomorrow. 6 more weeks, and I am f*cking done. I'm never learning anything ever again. I'm not even going to bother learning how not to finish rambling posts with non-sequiturs like how my neighbour eats apples.

Edited by Dinglebutt Apr 2020
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Rayanne Graff

| 75,989 posts

1st May 2020 at 7:57 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

i saw a rainbow yesterday.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

5th May 2020 at 9:43 am

I aim to misbehave

Made bread yesterday for the first time. It's... okay actually. Not sure it's worth the effort considering you can just, y'know... buy bread. But it's okay. I'll not get onto Great British Bake-Off any time soon (and not just because of Paul "Hollywood" Hollywood's restraining order against me) but might try making a few more things.

Also, a piece of work I was doing on the side which I thought was dead because of the virus (as I hadn't heard from the clients, and more importantly, haven't been paid for the work I've done so far) has come up again. Client called me over the weekend and want to finish it off. At least it means I know I have a bit of extra money coming in.

And lastly, something I've been struggling with the last few months... I think I've kinda resolved within myself. I still need to talk to a therapist when life resumes and work on some stuff, but I see a bit of a path forward at least.

Also I'm just going to grow my beard back. F*ck shaving.

So yeah... decent enough weekend.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

10th May 2020 at 6:12 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Claire, May 2020
I thought the above said you were going to grow a back beard. And I was like OK it’s getting a tad warm for that but live your truth, Barrington.

Full back beard would look ridiculous

I keep a back goatee similar to the Muskateers, or Lawrence Llewelyn-Bowen.

Rayanne Graff

| 75,989 posts

6th Jun 2020 at 7:13 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

i saw a squirrel yesterday.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

20th Jun 2020 at 11:54 pm

Πανδώρα -

Happy, but also devastating as f*ck, a year ago at this time Jake and i had just finished packing all our bits together ready to throw in the car in the morning and pootle off to windermere for a few days for his wife's first and last proper holiday.

They bloody loved it <3
*burp*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

24th Jun 2020 at 11:38 am

I aim to misbehave

Seems like from next week, back on a 5-day working week, and in office every 2nd day (and home the rest).

I didn't mind working from home, but it will be good to get back into a better routine and being out of the house more. Also seems like while our business took a definite hit, we're in a fairly good position with more work coming in now, so should hopefully survive without any losses to personnel or paycuts or anything.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: