FML

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Vel

| 23,203 posts

27th Jul 2011 at 9:16 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Because of everything that's been going on lately, my OCD is back with a vengence, my hands hate me, I'm panicky and I hate that...

...And my hair's now falling out.

Great.

FML.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

27th Jul 2011 at 9:36 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

(i hope things get better for you.)
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Vel

| 23,203 posts

28th Jul 2011 at 4:24 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Hahahaha... f*cking hell. Last night was hell.

I thought I'd have to call an ambulance for my mum. She's ok now, but I genuinely thought she was dying.

Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

28th Jul 2011 at 7:45 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

F*cking hell Alice....

Glad to hear your mam is alright. That's the main thing.

As for the rest, I can't begin to imagine how stressful everything is for you. I kinda feel that any of the usual lines like "Don't worry, it'll all work out" probably aren't going to help you much. Stress leads to health issues which leads to more stress, and it's a f*cking horrible cycle. All you can do is just take each day as it comes, take a few minutes every now and again to try and relax and clear your mind, and just try your best. Things will always happen which are outside your control, and all you can do is, with the help of those close to you, is just try your best in each situation.

tl;dr - Don't worry, it'll all work out
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

28th Jul 2011 at 9:09 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

I have never been as scared as I was then.

Good thing was, I didn't panic. But it's not the thing you want happening the night after her birthday, particularly when my family have a nasty habit of dying around their birthdays.

I have an appointment with the nurse tomorrow. Can't get one with the doctor.

TBH, a lot of it is work related. With the non-payment (finally came this month but no-one should have to wait 5 months!), the being moved twice, being shouted at by customers at work, being sent up in a lift with a "blind" guy who is actually a sexual predator but nobody warned me (females aren't allowed to be alone with him)...
is it any real surprise that the thought of going back there is giving me palpitations?

Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

the doc

| 23,161 posts

28th Jul 2011 at 9:17 pm

the doc -

Quote: Maeby, Jul 2011
I have never been as scared as I was then.

Good thing was, I didn't panic. But it's not the thing you want happening the night after her birthday, particularly when my family have a nasty habit of dying around their birthdays.

I have an appointment with the nurse tomorrow. Can't get one with the doctor.

TBH, a lot of it is work related. With the non-payment (finally came this month but no-one should have to wait 5 months!), the being moved twice, being shouted at by customers at work, being sent up in a lift with a "blind" guy who is actually a sexual predator but nobody warned me (females aren't allowed to be alone with him)...
is it any real surprise that the thought of going back there is giving me palpitations?

This still with the library? My God, you should come and work in mine, it's bliss. We get the odd homeless dude falling asleep and p*ssing himself on a chair, and the other day someone came in and banged a stick of broccoli on the counter and asked if it was a stick of broccoli or the key to the garden of good and evil, but apart from that it's cushty.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

28th Jul 2011 at 9:22 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Yeah. I only have 2 weeks left there until I move, but I'm not sure I can take that. My friend, who's been moved the same amount of times as me, now has a flipping stalker at this new library. He's been following her in it, outside, to the car, to the supermarket and making comments about how he's going to "get her".

Work won't do anything. She's had to go to the police to write a report. But they can't do anything on just threats.

10 people are currently signed off sick for stress.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

the doc

| 23,161 posts

28th Jul 2011 at 9:26 pm

the doc -

Which bit of Manc are you working in? There's a library in Leeds (more than one, actually, but one in particular) that's like that. I've just dropped lucky cos all the ones I've worked in have been nice. And now that I'm a proper librarian I don't have to deal with the publc much anyway!

You moving to London then?

Vel

| 23,203 posts

29th Jul 2011 at 3:32 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Signed off...
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page