So how was your weekend?

Posted In: Main. Reading This Thread:

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

20th Dec 2010 at 8:50 am

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

So how was your weekend? Do anything nice?

I spent most of it cleaning out my room at home. Going to paint it today. That's about it really.
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

20th Dec 2010 at 9:48 am

Carpet Remnant -

On Friday night I saw Tim Minchin with his orchestra at the MEN and then on Saturday I saw James at the MEN and yesterday I watched the 100 greatest toys. It was a good weekend.

wombat

| 8,154 posts

20th Dec 2010 at 6:14 pm

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

I saw Alice on the Friday/Saturday, the snow cancelled my plans to see Carols for Godless, which was a shame.

On Sunday I made it to London with some friends with the intention of viewing some flats and doing some Christmas shopping, but ended up getting sh*t canned in Camden and ended up commando rolling, singing rap songs and playing Beer Gladiators on the tube.

F*cking love Camden.
Southern hemispherical rat boy

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

20th Dec 2010 at 6:18 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Quote: wombat, Dec 2010
I saw Alice on the Friday/Saturday, the snow cancelled my plans to see Carols for Godless, which was a shame.

On Sunday I made it to London with some friends with the intention of viewing some flats and doing some Christmas shopping, but ended up getting sh*t canned in Camden and ended up commando rolling, singing rap songs and playing Beer Gladiators on the tube.

F*cking love Camden.

Is that what you kids are calling it these days?
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

20th Dec 2010 at 6:41 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

Friday my best mate cancelled on her trip to see me coz of the snow so I went out and got sh*tfaced in 5th ave got up to the usual sh*tcunt tricks, ended up in Withington, stranded, had to ring my mate Snide so I could kip at his (luckily he'd been out with us earlier so was still about), lost some garlic bread to snow. Spent Saturday wrote off.

Puffalump

| 22,943 posts

20th Dec 2010 at 9:25 pm

Puffalump - Because cake is happiness

Because cake is happiness

Friday was my works christmas do, at a fancy hotel. Food wasn't great though, apple pie for pudding? Where the f is the chocolate in that??? Played on the roulette there and got the number and colour right pure fluke but if it was real I would have won quite a bit I think possibly. Had lots to drink, went to fanclub for a bit, then went to the greasy take away place nearby and had chips and cheese.

Saturday did nothing apart from eat ice lollies and sleep it off. Actually the postie arrived on Saturday morning, I opened the door still in my dressing gown and looking rough as f*ck (night befores make up and everything) I'd even left the chain on the door when I opened the door. Embarassing much? Anyway it was a lovely card and some presents (which I've not unwrapped yet cos I'm good) from Strawberry, so thank you for brightening my day

Sunday I spent all day worrying about Akpo, and stressing that she wasn't going to make it. I was sat with her in the kitchen, feeding her water from a teaspoon as she wouldn't take it from the bottle or a bowl, and wishing she'd eat something Today she is a little better but I'm still very concerned for her. Alfie is fine at the minute.
Wife of the lovely Alice

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

21st Dec 2010 at 12:18 am

Πανδώρα -

friday... nothing much happened
saturday the bloke was complaining at me that he was ill, but wouldn't take any meds and ignored all my advice on how to feel better.
spend my day itching to finish my shopping but couldn;t as he was acting like he was dying, but he wanted to go see tron on the night, so can't have been that ill.
I had to pay for it as the dingbat didn't have any f*cking money on him. £19.80 to see a bloody film.
he still owes me a tenner. it wasn't a bad film but i think i missed something in there as he really liked it... god only knows.

sunday was mostly spent in bed, through lack of anything to do really. just laid around
the afternoon my bro and his wife came round to bathe as they have no heating or hot water again. and no one is going to look at it until weds. sp she's kicked off at my bro...

my weekend was dull.
*burp*

Animal

| 32,547 posts

21st Dec 2010 at 1:25 am

Animal -

Friday: Went for a quick drink with Katie, in part to introduce her to Paula, in part to give her, her christmas present and finally to provide moral support since she was out for a mates birthday and knew no one other than her mate. From there I went watching Tron with Paula which was f*cking awesome. Sadly we got stuck in the snow due to how unprepared all of Manchester was for it; so didn't get back 'til one-ish.

Saturday: lazy day. Started to get ready for works do in the evening, only to decide not to, due to the amount of aggro involved in coming home last night suggesting the same might be true after this was done.

Sunday: spent all day looking after an ill Paula.

Monday: repeat Sunday with a trip to the local walk in centre thrown in for good measure.
http://www.dasburros.com

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

21st Dec 2010 at 9:31 pm

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

Worked Friday and Saturday, both decent nights hosting Xmas do's for people. Went up to Leeds on Sunday and on Monday night it was a cousin's birthday so the whole family went to Black House for a meal, which was excellent and I highly recommend it.

Got home, cooked a pizza and cut my hand quite badly when applying too much force with a pizza cutter. There's a small gash there now, and it probably needs stitches, but I've a lot of bandage over it and am hoping that it bonds naturally.

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

21st Dec 2010 at 9:33 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

Quote: Albert Johanneson, Dec 2010
Worked Friday and Saturday, both decent nights hosting Xmas do's for people. Went up to Leeds on Sunday and on Monday night it was a cousin's birthday so the whole family went to Black House for a meal, which was excellent and I highly recommend it.

Got home, cooked a pizza and cut my hand quite badly when applying too much force with a pizza cutter. There's a small gash there now, and it probably needs stitches, but I've a lot of bandage over it and am hoping that it bonds naturally.

Superglue is mint for deep c*nts

the doc

| 23,161 posts

22nd Dec 2010 at 10:02 am

the doc -

I got very, very stoned.

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

22nd Dec 2010 at 3:47 pm

Delirium Tremens -

Quote: Super Nintendo Chalmers, Dec 2010
Superglue is mint for deep c*nts

I've read and re-read that and all I can take from it is that Phil uses superglue as a kind of anti-lube.

The Underwhelmed One

| 7,111 posts

22nd Dec 2010 at 8:55 pm

Friday, finished work and went back to the flat of 'new work guy' where we drank a bottle of wine, he cooked, and we watched The Hangover, followed by Inside Man. It was rather lovely.

Saturday, spent until about 5pm in bed, doing unmentionable things and being made cups of tea! Then went home, did a Quick turnaround and was back out for 7 in evening dress for a winter banquet thing. Drank a Lot of champagne, red and white wine and a Lot of port. I was drunk enough to smoke a cigar at any rate.
Got to bed about 3am in the house it was held at but about 4am was woken by a drunk guy who wanted to spoon and almost had a heart attack until my friend Lewis heard me screaming bloody murder and came in and carried him out. Not sure what happened after that! Think there may have been a fight.

Sunday, drove home about noon in vile snow and ice.
When I got home I felt terrible but was forced out Christmas decoration shopping, then cooked a gorgeous fish pie and watched the apprentice final!

All in all, 9/10.
I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page