| 23,161 posts

16th Jan 2012 at 9:37 pm

the doc -

Quote: Rayanne Graff, Jan 2012
Quote: the doc, Jan 2012
You nerds crack me up.

I'm far too cool to be a nerd

On page 49 of Spam, there's a thread where people asked each other questions. On page 22 of the thread, i asked What's the nerdiest thing you've ever done? and you answered it.

What did I say?

There's nothing nerdy about rock n roll

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

16th Jan 2012 at 9:43 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Hm, i still think that answering the question was an admission of nerdiness. Anyroad, here is my wrath: Yesterday, i noticed some blood on my computer mouse and then i noticed i'd cut my finger. i don't know how i cut it, though.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Roxannie

| 12,431 posts

17th Jan 2012 at 9:53 am

Roxannie -

I'm fed up of having no income and doing things like going back and forth between shops and getting chapstick from poundland instead of boots because it's 9p cheaper and I wish I could just walk into the body shop and get the £4 lip balm that I love but I ran out of months ago.

I'm fed up of applying for jobs and never hearing back and I'm fed up of applying for jobs and being told no. I'm fed up of waiting for easter when I get to spend a grand total of 8 4-hour days working with hyperactive little sh*ts to get a whole £180 that's going to have to last me until the summer.

I'm fed up of Charlie paying for things and promising me he doesn't mind when he already drives me everywhere and does whatever I want and treats me so much better than I deserve for so little in return.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

17th Jan 2012 at 2:46 pm

River Phoenix

(i gave some clothes to a charity shop today. The woman i gave them to didn't say anything. i would have expected her to at least say thank you but she didn't.

Also, it depresses me that there's a shop in the shopping centre that sells jade goody perfume.)

the doc

| 23,161 posts

17th Jan 2012 at 8:45 pm

the doc -

Quote:
I'm fed up of Charlie paying for things and promising me he doesn't mind when he already drives me everywhere and does whatever I want and treats me so much better than I deserve for so little in return.

Someone (Plato?) once defined true love as giving someone everything and expecting absolutely nothing in return

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

18th Jan 2012 at 2:46 pm

River Phoenix

(It annoys me when i walk somewhere and someone overtakes me. i'm too competitive. i think i get that from my aunt.)

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

19th Jan 2012 at 2:37 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

(It annoys me when i walk somewhere and someone overtakes me. i'm too competitive. i think i get that from my aunt.)

Who's more competitive? You or her?
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

19th Jan 2012 at 2:47 pm

River Phoenix

i'm not sure. My aunt's older than me, though, so that means she's been competitive for longer.

Claire

| 15,814 posts

19th Jan 2012 at 4:08 pm

Claire - Darren is most certainly not my god!

Darren is most certainly not my god!

I'm a bit annoyed at my complete inability to get dressed today and go to the shop. I'm far too lazy.
Coloured Lilac And Insults Rarely E(Anymore)

Quote: Claire, Jun 2005
Basically, I'm just mangling and regurgitating what everyone's already said.

I’m really glad that the quote in my signature is a teenager.
Joint best Mod 2009. Officials.

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

the doc

| 23,161 posts

19th Jan 2012 at 7:25 pm

the doc -

F*cking depressed.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

19th Jan 2012 at 7:32 pm

River Phoenix

F*cking depressed.

i hope you'll be all right, Stu. xx

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

19th Jan 2012 at 8:41 pm

Πανδώρα -

Alcohol... It's very VERY bad for me.
*burp*

Vel

| 23,203 posts

19th Jan 2012 at 11:59 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

F*cking depressed.

Don't be. Ania will get jealous. Also, she's a hard lady to please.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

20th Jan 2012 at 4:14 pm

I aim to misbehave

Me: I've PDF'd that excel sheet
Boss: Thanks. I want to email a soft copy of it too
Me: Okay

(5 minutes later)

Boss: Have you the excel sheet still open?
Me: Yeah
Boss: It's just, I want to send a soft copy of it too
Me: The PDF?
Boss: Yeah, the PDF and the soft copy
Me: The PDF is the soft copy
Boss: No, the soft copy
Me: ... What?
Boss: I want to send a hard copy and a soft copy
Me: Ah, you want me to close the excel sheet so you can open it and print it
Boss: No, I don't want to print it
Me: You said you wanted to send a hard copy
Boss: Yeah, the PDF
(penny drops in Barry's brain)
Me: Soft Copy means its on the computer. Hard copy means it's physical, like printed off or on a disk. You want to email the excel sheet too. Both the excel sheet and the PDF of it are soft copies
Boss: Well why didn't you just say so?!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

the doc

| 23,161 posts

20th Jan 2012 at 11:52 pm

the doc -

F*cking depressed.

i hope you'll be all right, Stu. xx

Thanks Straws.

the doc

| 23,161 posts

20th Jan 2012 at 11:53 pm

the doc -

Quote: Maeby, Jan 2012
F*cking depressed.

Don't be. Ania will get jealous. Also, she's a hard lady to please.

Nice one, Alice.

I feel better tonight.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

21st Jan 2012 at 3:13 pm

Πανδώρα -

Why why WHY would you walk around the house screeching "OOOHhhOOOHHHHHOOOO" at the top of your lungs?

Ffs. This family is f*cking mental.
*burp*

Vel

| 23,203 posts

21st Jan 2012 at 5:08 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

F*cking fed up and f*cking depressed.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Puffalump

| 22,943 posts

21st Jan 2012 at 6:51 pm

Puffalump - Because cake is happiness

Because cake is happiness

F*cking fed up and f*cking depressed.

*hugs*
Wife of the lovely Alice

Captain Stupendo

| 2,235 posts

22nd Jan 2012 at 11:53 am

Captain Stupendo - snarf!

snarf!

The 5oth job i've applied for this month and have not received one reply from any of them.. seriously WTF
Never take life seriously.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

22nd Jan 2012 at 4:18 pm

Πανδώρα -

For christ sake woman. don;t go back to feeling like you're okay just because of one message, that's just stupid, cause now you've realised that you've actually still got no idea whatsoever and so now you feel like sh*t again. well done you.
*burp*

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

22nd Jan 2012 at 4:46 pm

River Phoenix

(i spoke to my father an hour and 10 minutes ago. i didn't like it that he started going on about how i don't work. i don't like it that people think they have the right to be patronising. At least he hasn't moaned at me for being vegetarian for a while.)

Roxannie

| 12,431 posts

23rd Jan 2012 at 8:31 am

Roxannie -

I spent all of yesterday (collecting money for teen cancer trust) in a particular spot because I know the local MP buys his papers at M&S every Sunday; even waiting half an hour longer than I was supposed to be there because he'd walked past me on his way in and spent almost an hour in there. He gave me a massive sh*t-eating grin on his way into M&S, and a handful of change that can't have been more than 50p on his way out.

Roxannie

| 12,431 posts

23rd Jan 2012 at 3:26 pm

Roxannie -

also, someone dropped a 50 pfennig coin into my bucket, and since Germany stopped using marks and pfennigs in 2002 it's not as if they could have just come back from holiday and not sorted their wallet out yet.

The only thing I can think of is that they must have been carrying their lucky pfennig around for the last 10 years and then they accidentally lost it by giving it to me

Captain Stupendo

| 2,235 posts

23rd Jan 2012 at 11:19 pm

snarf!

Quote: Annie, Jan 2012
also, someone dropped a 50 pfennig coin into my bucket, and since Germany stopped using marks and pfennigs in 2002 it's not as if they could have just come back from holiday and not sorted their wallet out yet.

The only thing I can think of is that they must have been carrying their lucky pfennig around for the last 10 years and then they accidentally lost it by giving it to me

or they were just a stingy tw*t?

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

24th Jan 2012 at 9:56 am

Πανδώρα -

feeling left out... :/
*burp*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

25th Jan 2012 at 4:04 pm

I aim to misbehave

God damn genetics....

Have high cholesterol (always had it, genetically). Last time I got it checked it was about 7.6 or something (think it's meant to be about half that). Lost 4 stone. New cholesterol reading.... 9.3.

Apparently losing weight doesn't do a whole lot for cholesterol (doctor actually said when I told her that I hadn't been taking the tablets but I did lose weight that it'd be interesting to see what affect that'd have on the cholesterol), which means I have to go back on those tablets again. Wouldn't even really mind that, except for the fact that one month they might be €27, the next month they might be €42, the next month they might be €13 (this isn't exaggeration, these are prices I have paid at different times for the exact same f*cking tablets), and I typically like to have most expenditures planned at the start of the month, given how I'm a) trying to save money now, and b) need money to fix my teeth.

F*cking genetics....

Vel

| 23,203 posts

25th Jan 2012 at 5:47 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Quote: Penn, Jan 2012
God damn genetics....

Have high cholesterol (always had it, genetically). Last time I got it checked it was about 7.6 or something (think it's meant to be about half that). Lost 4 stone. New cholesterol reading.... 9.3.

Apparently losing weight doesn't do a whole lot for cholesterol (doctor actually said when I told her that I hadn't been taking the tablets but I did lose weight that it'd be interesting to see what affect that'd have on the cholesterol), which means I have to go back on those tablets again. Wouldn't even really mind that, except for the fact that one month they might be €27, the next month they might be €42, the next month they might be €13 (this isn't exaggeration, these are prices I have paid at different times for the exact same f*cking tablets), and I typically like to have most expenditures planned at the start of the month, given how I'm a) trying to save money now, and b) need money to fix my teeth.

F*cking genetics....

Move to the UK, at least we're consistent with prescription prices. Move to Wales or Scotland and they're free!
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

25th Jan 2012 at 10:19 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Penn, Jan 2012
God damn genetics....

F*cking genetics....

Move to the UK, at least we're consistent with prescription prices. Move to Wales or Scotland and they're free!

Sounds like such a magical place...

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

26th Jan 2012 at 1:09 pm

Πανδώρα -

so my aversion to hot food has made me lose a stone and a half since mid december
(good thing, not that i look any better for it)

but now i'm back to wanting to eat it, which isn't a bad thing
but on the effort scale, making a sadndwich ranks much, much lower than cooking something hot, so does the effort of eatign such things.

which is a shame.

oh well.
*burp*

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

26th Jan 2012 at 1:50 pm

River Phoenix

(rod liddle gets on my nerves. What an onanist.)

Captain Stupendo

| 2,235 posts

26th Jan 2012 at 5:50 pm

snarf!

was sat at work today and thought to my self just what the f*ck am i doing with my life. I haven't done anything, despite trying my hardest, going to uni and working my a*se off i'm in the exact same postion i was in when i was 16. I am so f*cking depressed it's unbelivable. seriously tempted to just say screw it and join the army.. i seriously don't give a sh*t if i get killed..

The Underwhelmed One

| 7,111 posts

26th Jan 2012 at 10:22 pm

My friend's granddad died yesterday morning.
The funeral is next tuesday.
She has to travel back up from the south to attend this.

Her work say she's only allowed to take one day off.

She can't take unpaid leave or anything like that, her manager has said three days are ok but their HR manager has said that because it's her granddad (who she lived with for about 15 years) and not 'immediate family' that one day is ample.

Really, really naffs me off

I'm so angry on her behalf but it's not like that helps anything.

What utter, utter rubbish. You'd think they could be more compassionate.
I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

27th Jan 2012 at 1:02 pm

Πανδώρα -

^^ That's proper harsh

My thing seems not worth posting now...
*burp*

the doc

| 23,161 posts

28th Jan 2012 at 10:10 am

the doc -

Quote: The Underwhelmed One, Jan 2012
My friend's granddad died yesterday morning.
The funeral is next tuesday.
She has to travel back up from the south to attend this.

Her work say she's only allowed to take one day off.

She can't take unpaid leave or anything like that, her manager has said three days are ok but their HR manager has said that because it's her granddad (who she lived with for about 15 years) and not 'immediate family' that one day is ample.

Really, really naffs me off

I'm so angry on her behalf but it's not like that helps anything.

What utter, utter rubbish. You'd think they could be more compassionate.

I think that grandparents count as immediate family, legally speaking. Regardless of that though she should tell the HR manager to f*ck right off. Love to see them try to give someone the bullet for going to a funeral. C*nts.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

28th Jan 2012 at 10:20 am

River Phoenix

(Yeah, it says here that they are. It's horrible of the HR person to do that, anyroad.)

the doc

| 23,161 posts

28th Jan 2012 at 10:47 am

the doc -

I am absolutely sick to death of hearing stories like this. Ania's had a few run-ins with some area manager c*nt at one of her jobs and I keep telling her to set him straight. She has done now an all

The vast majority of people work to live and not the other way round, and all these bosses need to get the f*ck over themselves and realise that there's more to life than sucking the fat steaming phallus of whichever organisation they happen to work for. People are not machines and should not be treated as such. Makes my blood f*cking boil.

Also, I know that's it's a while since she posted it but it's the first time I've been on in a while and I just want to say that I hope Alice is feeling better now.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

28th Jan 2012 at 11:00 am

River Phoenix

i think it was Amy who was ill.

Also, i found out today that there's a series called jeremy kyle USA.

the doc

| 23,161 posts

28th Jan 2012 at 12:30 pm

the doc -

Quote:
i think it was Amy who was ill.

Alice said on the last page that she was really depressed

Anyone else finding Hotmail to be really slow at the moment? Pain in the f*cking a*se.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

28th Jan 2012 at 1:03 pm

River Phoenix

Oh, i see.

Hotmail hasn't been slow for me recently; the last time something was slow was the Friday before last, when my laptop kept going funny; that's why i wasn't on much. It's all right now, though; the fiancé fixed it.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

30th Jan 2012 at 11:22 am

Πανδώρα -

Waiting...
*burp*

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

30th Jan 2012 at 8:42 pm

River Phoenix

(i was in a shop today and i saw a T-shirt that had a Shakespeare quotation on it. His name was written under the quotation but it said Shakespere.)

the doc

| 23,161 posts

30th Jan 2012 at 9:05 pm

the doc -

(i was in a shop today and i saw a T-shirt that had a Shakespeare quotation on it. His name was written under the quotation but it said Shakespere.)

Was it a bad joke? Very, very poor if not.

I've got a couple of shirts with lines from Shakespeare on, but his name is correct on both of them. Weirdly, it's the same shirt with the same picture and the same line, but one is black and one is white. Got the white one in a charity shop in Ilkley and the other one from another chairty joint in Scarborough.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

30th Jan 2012 at 9:11 pm

River Phoenix

Was it a bad joke? Very, very poor if not.

I've got a couple of shirts with lines from Shakespeare on, but his name is correct on both of them. Weirdly, it's the same shirt with the same picture and the same line, but one is black and one is white. Got the white one in a charity shop in Ilkley and the other one from another chairty joint in Scarborough.

As far as i know, it wasn't a joke. Also, the quotation was from Romeo and Juliet and they should have put a comma after the word thou. i found the spelling more annoying than them not having the comma there, though.

Edited by Rayanne Graff Aug 2012

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

30th Jan 2012 at 11:14 pm

Πανδώρα -

feeling like i'm treading on eggshells all the time.
*burp*

Roxannie

| 12,431 posts

31st Jan 2012 at 11:13 am

Roxannie -

letting agents who don't know the difference between a one-bedroom house and one bedroom in a house

Captain Stupendo

| 2,235 posts

1st Feb 2012 at 10:41 am

snarf!

incompetent assholes dictating the world, how the hell do these people get into those positions of power when their f*cking useless morons!

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

1st Feb 2012 at 12:47 pm

Πανδώρα -

just read on a guinea pig page
"we're taking him to the humane society tonight as the wounds the other pig inflicted on him have gotten very infected & we can't afford to save him"

Yet you could afford to buy another boar?

throw them in together without even attempting a proper introduction, then took the other pig back to the store because it didn't work out.
Ignoring the advice of many, MANY people with sh*t tonnes of info on boar bonding.
F*cking. And aside from that, you didn't even bother to clean his wounds by the sound of it
Do the other pigs a favour and take them down while you're there.

I've had boar fights before, some really nasty looking wounds as a result, but i've never, EVER had one develop an abcess or infection at any of the injurty sites. Bit of warm salt water with a cotton wool ball & a dab of savlon. Not exactly much, is it?
Neh.

More annoyed at this than i should be.
*burp*

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

1st Feb 2012 at 2:08 pm

River Phoenix

Quote: Captain Stupendo, Feb 2012
incompetent assholes dictating the world, how the hell do these people get into those positions of power when their f*cking useless morons!

Well, Colin did say in 2005 that nobody who deserves to be prime minister ever runs for election. And then Fi said that anyone who wishes to be in a position of power should immediately be disqualified from ever getting power.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

1st Feb 2012 at 5:06 pm

I aim to misbehave

Having to bite my tongue and not say what I really want.

My boss is very religious, and his wife just had a child. They were going to ask a woman to be godmother, but it turned out she was going to another christening on the same day, and she was going to be godmother for that child too. Turned out, that christening was on in the same church at the same time, so she could do both and be godmother to both.

My boss, while telling me this, said that it was a great coincidence, "...or as we call it in our house, a 'God-incidence'"

Really had to hold my tongue. Everyone's free to practice their religion no matter how much I disagree with it... but 'God-incidence'? Shut the f*ck up! If she couldn't make it to the christening because it was in a different church 50 miles away, you wouldn't be saying "That's just a kick in the nuts. Or as we call it in our house, a God in the nuts". God-incidence... What sort of f*cking bellend says that?

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: