Singledom

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

15th Aug 2013 at 9:52 pm

Πανδώρα -

Yep. I've decided i can't even be bothered. Not that I've had any attention (apart from weird lass in student disco who grabbed me, forced a kiss on me, then proceeded to see her a*se, pick a fight with my mate, steal her cousins drink and was ultimately forcibly ejected from the premises (benefit of my "father" being "door staff" at this venue) and an older fella on his stag do... No. Just no, mate. Aside form anything else, You stink of onions.)

on top of everything else, it just seems like too much hard work.
Scares the sh*t out of me as well To be fair.

Though that said, this is the first time in a long while that I've wanted cuggles... Oh well.
*burp*

Topper

| 6,773 posts

24th Dec 2013 at 1:24 am

Topper - Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

The following, re: Rebekka adding me to FB and us having our first convo...

Epic win night tonight. Well, not epic win but the point is I've had a good experience tonight. I arrived home from a few post-work drinks and logged onto Facespaz before bed and recieved a friend request complete with accompanying message from this rather nice looking German sounding girl saying she saw my PoF profile and thought I seemed really nice and witty (lolz, joke's on her). I sent her a reply message which I f*cked up quite badly so luckily she was on FB chat and I tried, jokingly to try and get her to forget the message and a convo ensued. But it was a really really good conversation. I was, as I tend to be after 2 or 3 drinks, at my wittiest (still not witty, just witty for me) and the banter was awesome, she is just adorable, really funny, sweet and smart and also seemed to be inexplicably into me. We've already exchanged numbers and texts and I think we'll be seeing each other soon. She's originally from germany and teaches German (as well as speaking 3 other languages) at a comp in Brum. I'm in love.

...is just mental to read back now; we're now engaged, planning a wedding and saving for a deposit for a house. Reading it genuinely freaked me out.

Also, you all did well not to tell me how much of an absolute tw*t I was with my pathetic pining and worrying earlier in this thread. Seriously, I needed a slap.
I hope some day, for some reason, David Duchovny is investigated by the FBI. Because that would make a great story.

http://www.myspace.com/toppercutter

oatibix

| 36 posts

28th Dec 2014 at 1:06 am

Please pick the most appealing okcupid intro line.

I'm going to be sick
Scrawny goth, back of the bus
What is your favourite owl?
I just need a hug

further suggestions welcome.
buy oatibix
eat oatibix
have oatibix

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

28th Dec 2014 at 8:13 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Maeby, Dec 2014
Quote: oatibix, Dec 2014

I'm going to be sick
I just need a hug

You should try PoF. One guy genuinely thought I'd poisoned my stepmother and put it in my profile, then told me I had too much baggage. Tsch.

I think you need something with cats or dogs and duckface.

One thing that annoys me about POF (and probably all dating sites) is when single mothers put in their profile something like "I have two children. I love them, they're my whole world!"

Well yeah, they're your children. It goes without saying. If you said "I have two children and a cat. I love my cat, he's my whole world" then that'd be a bit strange that you seemingly love your cat more than your children, but still, if you have kids, don't gush over them on your dating profile. You're instantly putting up a blockade to any guy who's interested. You're instantly getting defensive and protective about your children before any contact has even been made.

Also, don't say you're "mad" or "crazy". You're not. You just sometimes laugh at stuff that you find funny.

Sorry, it's just that I've seen these things on so many profiles that they really started to annoy me

Edited by Dinglebutt Dec 2014
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Little Blue Fox.

| 4,256 posts

29th Dec 2014 at 1:07 pm

Little Blue Fox. - Hope is important.

Hope is important.

Quote: oatibix, Dec 2014

I'm going to be sick
I just need a hug

- Quite into foxes.
- Doesn't go out in the daytime.
- Everything is endlessly fascinating.
- Must like Firefly.

It hurts too much not to try.
I will see you in another life when we are both cats.
Quod perditum est, in venietur.*Facebook.

oatibix

| 36 posts

29th Dec 2014 at 1:31 pm

I was disappointed when I discovered PoF wasn't a magazine for magicians.
buy oatibix
eat oatibix
have oatibix

Topper

| 6,773 posts

21st Dec 2015 at 10:13 pm

Quote: the doc, Dec 2013
Quote: Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dec 2013

Epic win night tonight. Well, not epic win but the point is I've had a good experience tonight. I arrived home from a few post-work drinks and logged onto Facespaz before bed and recieved a friend request complete with accompanying message from this rather nice looking German sounding girl saying she saw my PoF profile and thought I seemed really nice and witty (lolz, joke's on her). I sent her a reply message which I f*cked up quite badly so luckily she was on FB chat and I tried, jokingly to try and get her to forget the message and a convo ensued. But it was a really really good conversation. I was, as I tend to be after 2 or 3 drinks, at my wittiest (still not witty, just witty for me) and the banter was awesome, she is just adorable, really funny, sweet and smart and also seemed to be inexplicably into me. We've already exchanged numbers and texts and I think we'll be seeing each other soon. She's originally from germany and teaches German (as well as speaking 3 other languages) at a comp in Brum. I'm in love.

...is just mental to read back now; we're now engaged, planning a wedding and saving for a deposit for a house. Reading it genuinely freaked me out.

Also, you all did well not to tell me how much of an absolute tw*t I was with my pathetic pining and worrying earlier in this thread. Seriously, I needed a slap.

Swish. Glad it's all worked out for you dude.

There will be posts on here about when I first met Ania too (not in this thread, like), and look how that turned out......house, wedding, trips to the States and our son is going to be one in a fortnight

Update here is that I did a baby in her and now I have a baby boy called Felix and once he wore a xmas hat (yesterday) and that was really cute.

We did get married too - that did happen. We then did buy the house too. I'm like a proper person now.
I hope some day, for some reason, David Duchovny is investigated by the FBI. Because that would make a great story.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

7th Jan 2016 at 8:57 pm

Quote: Maeby, Dec 2015
Congratumalations on becoming a real, grown up, adult person thing now, Alex!

It is crazy how much everything has changed since this thread started.

Really is, yeah. Hope you're well too, Alice - you were always cool, cooler than:

a) Me
b) All of the Jurassic Park films put together apart from the first one
c) An investigative colonoscopy

Topper

| 6,773 posts

7th Jan 2016 at 8:59 pm

Quote: the doc, Jan 2016
Quote: Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dec 2015

There will be posts on here about when I first met Ania too (not in this thread, like), and look how that turned out......house, wedding, trips to the States and our son is going to be one in a fortnight

Update here is that I did a baby in her and now I have a baby boy called Felix and once he wore a xmas hat (yesterday) and that was really cute.

We did get married too - that did happen. We then did buy the house too. I'm like a proper person now.

Comes to most of us in the end. I've got two - count 'em! - kids now, and the oldest is three next week

Congratultions, our kid.

Cheers, bud - hope you're well

Topper

| 6,773 posts

25th Feb 2018 at 11:25 am

Quote: Topper, Jan 2016
Quote: the doc, Jan 2016
Quote: Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dec 2015

Comes to most of us in the end. I've got two - count 'em! - kids now, and the oldest is three next week

Congratultions, our kid.

Cheers, bud - hope you're well

Life update: Married amazing German woman, bought a house together and we have a 2 year old son together. I ended our relationship last October as I was really unhappy to the point I was finding reasons to go home late so I didn't have to see her. I know this is bad and i did not communicate enough with her during the last year of our relationship. She is now actively looking for a job back up north and she will of course be taking our son with her, which i knew would happen.

The one thing I take solace from is that despite the fact it has ended badly and i will be a weekend Dad to our son, I have not regretted the decision once. It's all that keeps me going sometimes.

oatibix

| 36 posts

16th Mar 2020 at 12:54 am

mmnnh
buy oatibix
eat oatibix
have oatibix

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

16th Mar 2020 at 11:18 am

I aim to misbehave

I was born in this thread
I live in this thread
God damn it I'll die in this thread.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

16th Mar 2020 at 8:29 pm

Πανδώρα -

I could do with a sugar daddy who wants nothing from. Me, except photos of the MANY dogs he would be financing

I kid. It would only be two dogs. And a daycare.
And MANY MANY guinea pigs.
*burp*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

16th Mar 2020 at 9:23 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Vel, Mar 2020
Quote: Claire, Mar 2020
Quote: Dinglebutt, Mar 2020
I live in this thread

Look, if we are going on uninterrupted time as thread leader you've already lost pal

And there I thought Baz had had a girlfriend he kept schtum.
Guess who thought she was in the last to post wins thread?

AWKKKKWAAAARD

If I had a girlfriend, the only one who'd been keeping schtum was her because even I didn't know about her.

She's secretive like that. It's what I like most about her, considering it's the only thing I know about her.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

16th Mar 2020 at 9:29 pm

I aim to misbehave

I live in this thread

Look, if we are going on uninterrupted time as thread leader you've already lost pal

And there I thought Baz had had a girlfriend he kept schtum.
Guess who thought she was in the last to post wins thread?

AWKKKKWAAAARD

If I had a girlfriend, the only one who'd been keeping schtum was her because even I didn't know about her.

She's secretive like that. It's what I like most about her, considering it's the only thing I know about her.

Maybe it's Billie Piper.

Maybe it's me...

PLOT TWIST!!!

oatibix

| 36 posts

18th Mar 2020 at 10:03 pm

one real selfful reaction to Lockdown Planet is, I had my first first-date in years in November, delayed by her since August, then the second date in... February. Then she was again too busy for a few more weeks. Lots of signs about how I'm the more desperate pursuer, but also enough reassuring mutuality when we actually did meet.

We actually first communicated online in 2015, and lost touch in a similar manner. I'm so rarely interested in anyone (and vice versa) and would like to verify my faith here, but admit it needs more evidence and effort from her to go on.
It definitely became time for me to say we've gotta switch gears or stop rending my patience like this, but then the world changed

not a promising thing in words, huh? Kinda simultaneously that + the glimmer of promise I'll follow anyway, plus an unhealthy twinge of beggars-can't-choose
buy oatibix
eat oatibix
have oatibix

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: