Dietary Preferences

Posted In: Archive. Reading This Thread:

Silvan

| 3,776 posts

29th Jun 2005 at 6:38 am

Silvan - Aurals Velupide!

Aurals Velupide!

Quote: Satans_Little_Helper_

i just don't eat lamb cause it's so fatty....

That's why I won't eat ducklings. You hardly get any meat... just lots of fat.

I don't eat lamb because everytime I have it the whiff of mint sauce is never too far away. I have never liked mint sauce and the smell puts me right off my food.
What can I say? I did it all for the Wookies.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

29th Jun 2005 at 11:22 am

Chris Kamara -

Quote: Silvan_

That's why I won't eat ducklings. You hardly get any meat... just lots of fat.

I don't eat lamb because everytime I have it the whiff of mint sauce is never too far away. I have never liked mint sauce and the smell puts me right off my food.

same here on both counts, however, i like lamb and mint crisps.

Freshly Squeezed Cynic

| 6,189 posts

29th Jun 2005 at 12:14 pm

Freshly Squeezed Cynic - apparently the big pink bastard is me

apparently the big pink bastard is me

Quote: Mistress_Jen_
I Think it is a lot because you know it isnt meat. If you was to just eat it and think it was meat it wouldnt be so bad.

No, it is because it tastes like shoe leather.

Freshly Squeezed Cynic

| 6,189 posts

29th Jun 2005 at 2:00 pm

Freshly Squeezed Cynic - apparently the big pink bastard is me

apparently the big pink bastard is me

Quote: TheUnitedTruth_
And how often do you eat shoe leather dear?

Whenever I get Quorn.

Tired/Happy

| 5,601 posts

29th Jun 2005 at 3:14 pm

I'm not a vegetarian, but I often eat veggie foods like tofu, quorn sausages, soya milk and stuff. Some of them actually taste better than meat.
Oh, and I got a package from Peta2 the other day, didn't convince me, though. Still like meat. But- stickers!
"Sometimes people don't build walls to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to tear them down."
Thom is happy

John Cage Bubblegum

| 6,555 posts

29th Jun 2005 at 3:30 pm

John Cage Bubblegum -

There is absolutely no way I could go vegetarian. Call me heartless, but I've never been particularly fussed by the ethics of eating animals. I have eaten Quorn in the past, and to me it tasted pretty rank. It's not something I'll rush back to.

Plus, there is no way I could live without my Sunday roast. Apologies to cows everywhere.
Peter Kenyon has a medal

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

29th Jun 2005 at 3:49 pm

Elusive Moose - Get your Antlers on

Get your Antlers on

Hey, they're bred for us to eat them. So technically, by eating them, you are helping them fulfill their purpose in life
"You can't roast infants. You just don't get away with it."- a life lesson for us all.

Wife of  Phil the Lawful Hippo. Imagine the children!

The Disneyafied Adventures of Me

John Cage Bubblegum

| 6,555 posts

29th Jun 2005 at 3:51 pm

John Cage Bubblegum -

Exactly! I like your way of thinking.
Peter Kenyon has a medal

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

29th Jun 2005 at 3:55 pm

Get your Antlers on

Me too, oddly enough, especially as it leads to lots of guilt free meat eating
"You can't roast infants. You just don't get away with it."- a life lesson for us all.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

29th Jun 2005 at 4:02 pm

Chris Kamara -

proper way of thinking. fully in agreeance.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

29th Jun 2005 at 4:44 pm

Topper - Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Some Quorn products are ok, and with me having a veggie girlfriend, I find myself eating a lot of vegetarian food a lot of the time, but to me, you can't beat a nice Sunday roast And like Tom, the ethics of it don't worry me...

But yeah, Quorn chicken slices are actually nicer than real chicken slices as you don't get the chicken juice in Quorn chicken slices, which makes me feel qeasy.
I hope some day, for some reason, David Duchovny is investigated by the FBI. Because that would make a great story.

http://www.myspace.com/toppercutter

Spandorexxa

| 936 posts

30th Jun 2005 at 2:19 pm

I hear the roar of a big machine....

i eat meat, enjoy it and am aware of the moral consequences, if i get a bit porky, however i revert to my patented baked sweet potatoe and roast pepper diet...*drool*
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark - -the place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Organised Confusion

| 3,982 posts

30th Jun 2005 at 2:57 pm

Yay,my 100th post!
What was the question..oh food,yes I'll have some.

Organised Confusion

| 3,982 posts

6th Jul 2005 at 10:24 am

I'm currently in the process of deciding whether to become a vegetarian or not - so I don't eat meat on Wednesdays, Thursdays or Fridays. I don't think I could live life without lasagne though!

Turtle

| 3,404 posts

11th Jul 2005 at 10:00 am

I used to really like eating fish up until I went to Mauritius and saw all these cute little fishes when snorkelling and I realised...I've been eating Nemo! So, I've decided to stop eating fish and only eat prawns because they arent in any Disney movies and I'm Singaporean.

The Man from Southampton

| 3,794 posts

13th Jul 2005 at 10:15 am

equality, tolerance & logic

I have one for you.

Two man one born in far east with diet from there. One born in europe with diet from there. swap diets both will change weight
Now is that salary pre or post tax?

100% of Earth's population agrees with the following statement.

"Forces should be spending their time catching rapists and murders and not worry about piracy theft."

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

13th Jul 2005 at 8:29 pm

Get your Antlers on

Quote: Gmo_
The skins! Yuck.

On the other hand, square sausages (aka Lorne sausage) rocks muchly, and I could eat a roll and square sausage every day for breakfast.

They're so nice, but I've never found them in England. So my grandparents buy loads every time I visit and I have them for breakfast every morning.

Now I really feel like eating some. Damn you George

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: